Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

I wouldn't want it any other way.

Fallon pushed away all visitors for a week, and after that no one tried to visit her. Truthfully, she was starting to get really lonely. As she expected Draco didn’t visit her everyday, even though she wished deep down he would. Aiden did, being the good brother he is. And he convinced Fallon to cut Draco some slack, because no one ever saw him and when they did it was only for a second.

It was about three days since Fallon’s last treatment. She was stretched out on her side with her head resting on her arm and her finger twirling around in the sheets. Her stare darted to the door when she heard the handle click. She watched Draco glide into the room as she turned onto her other side.

“Fallon,” he breathed while touching her shoulder and applying slight pressure to get her to turn his way.

Her face pinched into a pout before she threw her face into the pillows. “Go away!” she muffled into the pillow. Draco massaged her shoulders and slipped into the bed. Fallon moved her hand from underneath her body and blindly searched for Draco’s face. Once she felt it out she pinched his nose as hard as she could.

“You broke your promise,” she whined loudly rearranging herself to look at him. Draco gently cupped her face.

“I know,” he sighed as he dragged his hand and eyes down her body. “You’re so thin,” he said astonished before looking back at her pale green orbs. Fallon just nodded. Soon silence over came them as always, but Fallon took the chance to let her eyes skim over Draco; the Draco she hadn’t seen in two weeks.

His hair; still white blonde. Eyes; slightly blood-shot with dark circles. Lips; pale and cracked. His skin; almost the same sickly translucent colour of Fallon’s. His waist; three-quarters of the size it used to be. “You almost look as awful as I do Draco. What have you been up to?” she commented resting her head on his chest.

“Just…..around,” he breathed embracing her, breathing in her curls and knotting his rough fingers in them. “I wish I could’ve been here. After what I heard you whisper that day I owled my mother. She told me everything, and she has your parents staying over for moral support. But I’m sure your brother already told you that.”

Fallon looked up from his chest, “That asshole never told me anything. He said that he told mom and dad for me and they sent their best, informing of their arrival the weekend before Halloween.”

“Did you hear about the ball?” he questioned hiking her up to his shoulder and resting his hand on her bottom.

“Move your hand and I’ll speak about anything you want,” she answered clearing her throat louder than necessary. Draco slowly but obediently did what he was told only to quickly rest his head on her chest and snake his arms around her torso.

“Haven’t you got any lately?” she asked snidely clawing at his skin. Draco whimpered like a dog and shook his head, burying his head in even further. Fallon just let him be and sighed in annoyance.

“Are you going to answer my question?” he simpered closing his eyes and breathing deeply.

“I have heard about the ball. But I’m not sure if I’ll be okay by then. Madam Pomfrey says that the potions compared to the muggle treatment take less than half as long. And depending on how healthy you were before the cancer cells attacked, the faster chance I have at getting a hell out of a lot better. Like a couple steps away from being cured. And Madam Pomfrey said I have a good likelihood of being one of those people,” she stated, starting to run her fingers through his silky locks that seemed less kempt than usual.

“I’ll take you to ball. It’s a masquerade, so you don’t have to make yourself spent looking for a costume. Though I bet I could find one for you,” he referred sneaking a look and wiggling his eyebrows.

Fallon rolled her eyes attempting to keep a light smile from creeping onto her face. “I heard that one of the few classes you attend is Astronomy.”

“That’s because it reminds me of you.” Fallon huffed in discontent. How could such smooth lines run effortlessly from his lips?

“You better tell me what you’ve been doing Mr. Malfoy,” she said trying to wheedle out his secrets she knew he was stashing away.

“All in good time babe,” he winked, propping his upper body up on his elbows.

“I bet you say that to every girl, Casanova,” she taunted placing a pillow behind her head.

“Oh please, I’m a little more creative than that.” Fallon laughed heartily for the first time since she had fallen ill, an emotion she forgot she possessed. The happy mood loosened her up and she slid further under Draco, causing her flimsy white t-shirt to ride up her mid-section. That’s when Draco noticed a bruise the size of a large grapefruit.

“Shit,” he gasped soaking in the sight before giving her a knowing look.

“Yeah, I have a few. But they'll be gone once I take one of my daily potions,” she said nonchalantly, not wanting anyone to fuss over her anymore. She shivered noticeably when Draco’s hands ran up her sides pulling her shirt with them until they stopped just under her breasts. He glanced up quickly before he brought his lips down to the bruise to place chaste kisses along the outside of it.

Fallon’s heart beat went from normal to erratic in less than a second. She steadied her breathing as best as she could, with out the already smirking boy noticing. He was surprisingly gentle, the only way he seemed to be with her now. It was like he was afraid she'd break in his grasp, something that he would beat himself up for if it were to actually happen.

“St-stop,” she stuttered trying to form a sentence but could only spit out one word. He gazed at her and shaped his body to hers. “I’m sick, I’m going to puke,” she said frantically, thinking of any excuse to get him off of her. One minute they were buddies, another they were squabbling, and the next he was putting a move on her. When they were together their relationship moved in intervals, something Fallon needed to keep up with.

“You’re a horrible liar,” he snickered, enclosing the space between them.

“Why do you always try to take things that much further?” she blurted out, Draco stopping dead in his tracks, startled at her sudden outburst.

“I thought you’d get the hint, you’re meant to be clever,” he told her, a pinky distant away from her plump lips. Fallon breathed loudly, knowing full well what his intentions are, but too hesitant to give into them.

“But what’s you’re motivation? Would this become a new notch?” she challenged, draping her arms around his neck.

“Motivation? Well this hot piece of ass if more than enough motivation,” he exclaimed inching that much closer, the two breathing in each others exhales.

“I have a weak immune system, I could get an infection” she reminded him as the distance between them became miniscule.

“It’s nothing you can’t handle,” he whispered against her lips. Fallon smiled widely, what ever life was going to throw at her now, she would be more than glad to catch it.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is better, I believe. The last one was a filler-ish type thing now that I think about it.