Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Six feet under, or so it feels.

Fallon whirled around but saw no one. She could hear her heartbeat in her ears and it thumped loudly. She felt her cheeks deepen in colour as she stood and quickly vacated the room and back to hers where she walked out to the balcony to cool her blazing temperature.

A presence was in the room, and it made her stomach churn uneasily. She desperately attempted to slow her breathing to keep herself from passing out. The feeling in her chest was signalling her she was close to crying, so she ran like the devis was on her heels back to the party.

“Fallon honey, where have you been?” Fallon’s mother instantly attached to her like a leech as soon as she arrived.

“Just out for some fresh air,” she explained before she managed to drift away and over to her brother.

“Have you seen a tall man with black hair and sunken in charcoal eyes?” she hounded pulling him away from the crowd that surrounded him.

“Umm, no. Why?” he laughed awkwardly as he shifted his weight back and forth. “You’re being paranoid,” he stated as he pushed her away. Fallon covered her eyes with her hand as images of a man flickered behind her eyelids; his appearance seemed to match with the voice she heard. She thought she saw he somewhere before but she couldn’t quite figure out where.

“Fallon, I’ve been looking for you. Can we talk, please?” Fallon looked up in a confused manner then she wandered away. Draco furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at the place she once stood.

Meanwhile, Fallon stood at the bar. She promised herself she wasn’t going to drink tonight but she had to forget those images.

“I need to talk to you it’s important,” Draco stressed as he came over to her once again. He watched her down a shot, and then another. “God, stop drinking. I don’t even drink that much,” he said as he took the shot from her and drank it himself.

“You don’t know anything. I deserve to drink,” she slurred, consuming more alcohol.

“You’re going to poison your system and die,” Draco hiccupped.

“Well, you-you’re drunk already. I me-mean, that was fast.”

“At least I’m not slurring all over the place. C’mon, we’re leaving,” he told her as he yanked her away from the bar and then guided her to his room. Fallon snarled in disgust.

“I will not go in there. You’re going to rape me and I won’t be able to use my pressure points because my reflexes are slow,” she announced as she poked him hard in the chest.

“Shut up! You’re so annoying,” he yelled as he grabbed her shoulders.

“Abuse, abuse!” she cried as she closed her eyes and flinched, expecting a hand to connect with her face. Draco blew he bangs out of his face and took one last good look at her before he released her. Fallon raised her eyebrows as she followed after him.

He walked to the adjacent bathroom faced her and said, “I kind of need to be by myself for this.” Realization sprung onto her face and she waved him to carry on.

Draco’s room was huge, and way too clean for a boy’s. His bed was that of a king’s and Fallon couldn’t help but take a running jump at it to test it out. It was just as comfy as it looked, maybe even more. She rolled from side to side taking in as much of it’s silkiness as she could.

“Does it feel good?” She felt the left side of the bed sink down but she just shoved her head into the pillows, relishing in their lavender-smelling softness.

“Oh yeah. You should let me sleep in it tonight,” she offered as she pulled up the top of her dress to prevent it from slipping too low.

“What’s in it for me?” he asked lying beside her, something he hadn’t done for almost a month and a half and truthfully, he missed it.

“A good feeling in your heart,” she said hopefully, starting to sink into her old habits as she rubbed his arm gently.

Draco laughed softly before a serious look ignited in his eyes. “Have we broken up?”

Fallon’s smile faded from existence as she started to think deeply. “I’d say we’re a couple that’s on the verge of becoming broken up,” she voiced as she started to wring her hands.

“You’re habit is acting up,” he alerted as he nodded toward her hands. “What’s bothering you?”

Fallon took a deep breath. “I just want to know how we got where we are,” she wondered as she reached for his hand she wished wouldn’t leave hers empty like it did for so long. To Fallon’s content, he gripped her hand tightly as if he never wanted to let go, ever.

“I don’t think I can tell you that. I’m really stressed right now, I can’t help but have a short fuse. I enjoyed fighting with you, until it started to get serious.” Both of them gazed up blankly at the ceiling, laying hand-in-hand.

“You’re sick. That was hell for me. But talking back was kind of fun,” she admitted as she rolled towards him and kissed his cheek. “Do me a favour though, stop acting like a bitch in heat.” Draco laughed throatily before he pulled her closer.

“Only if you stay with me tonight. I won’t be able to guarantee the bitch in heat thing though.” Fallon shrugged with her bottom lip protruding. Draco smirked as he placed his hand on her neck, bringing her closer.

“I need something pyjamas,” she said quickly against his lips.

“Don’t ruin the moment, it took a lot to fix this you know,” he scolded as she still defied him kisses. “Forget about it for a second. I try to be a good boyfriend and you push me away.”

“Sorry it’s a reflex,” she apologised before they touched lips for a split-second and then bolted upright and pointed at her zipper. Draco obeyed and directly after that he took off the clothes that covered his upper body and handed her his white shirt.

“There’s your pyjamas for the night,” he declared as he carefully watched her as she sniffed his shirt.

“Why do you smell so good?” she whined as she got up and let her dress pool on the floor

“Why don’t you just wear that to bed?” Fallon laughed sarcastically while she slipped his shirt onto her shoulders and rapidly did up all the buttons in record time.

“Because you have raging hormones and it would put far too many raunchy thoughts into your mind.”

Draco grinned as he kicked off his pants and crawled under the covers and lifted them up for Fallon. “Have we made up because we’re slightly drunk?” he asked as he draped his arm over her waist.

“There’s a good possibility that it contributed to the fact that we’re pretty much back to normal,” she stated as she swiftly started to drift off into dreamland, or was it going to be terrorizing nightmares like the one she experienced during the beginning of the party earlier that night?
♠ ♠ ♠
Coolio. Second update of the day. Is it good or not? I would like to know your opinions though, even if it's just once. I don't do the whole if so many comment I update, I don't rool like that. I am going to say though I might not update during the weekend because I have a swim camp and I'm rooming with a friend and I don't want to just ignore her and be on my computer the whole time. Enjoy dearies!