Status: Complete ^_^

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

In the presence of 'royalty'.

Draco and Fallon just made it before the feast began, earning a disapproving look from Lucius. They both bowed respectfully acknowledging that they were at fault.

“Draco you were supposed to be here fifteen minutes ago,” Lucius growled under his breath. Draco didn’t waver and he looked his father in the eye the entire time. Surprising Fallon and Lucius, Draco has never been so calm with his father.

“Sorry Father, I lost track of time. But I’m here now right?” Draco laughed cheerfully causing Lucius to cringe and snarl before he walked to the table, everyone following his lead.

Once everyone was seated Lucius raised both of his arms in pride and said, “Tonight is to discuss the matter of our children, and how to keep them safe from the aurors and Dumbledore’s Army.” Cheers came around the table, Fallon clapped quietly.

“It is my pleasure to host this feast tonight. And it is my honour to have the Dark Lord here as well,” he gloated and held his arms out to the side to present Voldemort.

Fallon wasn’t particularly scared of Voldemort; it was just that he knew so much magic as well as his son that she felt dumb in comparison. His appearance however did send chills straight to her bones.

“Fellow companions,” a voice boomed. Fallon twitched; she was scared of Voldemort and mostly any death eater too. Fallon relaxed when she felt a hand on her knee. She looked over at Draco who looked toward the end of the table, nonetheless he smiled. Fallon smiled too but couldn’t help to wonder why he was in such an oddly happy mood. Anything involving death eaters usually made him quite unimpressed.

Fallon looked from her lap to Voldemort; he sat at the end of the table with Lucius craning over his shoulder.

Voldemort laughed but it sounded more like a cackle. “Sit my friend,” he ordered motioning to the free seat beside him. “We must begin at once.”

The small chat between everyone in the room died off and Voldemort became the centre of attention. He was quite pleased with everyone’s obedience and loyalty making him in high spirits, which was weird to witness in someone that is a cold-blooded killer.

“As you all know, the war is nearing but we are in grave danger at this moment. The majority of the wizarding society is against me, they are against us! Our beloved children shouldn’t be captured as my followers may be in the near future,” he spoke, loud and confident. Many people gasped, Fallon sat and suppressed a yawn of boredom as best as she could.

Voldemort’s voice rose above everyone else once again. “I’ve decided all children that are the offspring of hunted death eaters will be sent to various places across the globe and attend muggle schools. We all hate muggles, we despise them because they are dirt and beyond stupid. Nevertheless, their environment is perfect for being hidden easily. There’s one rule though, no magic allowed. All children present are to follow this rule vigilantly, and violations will result in immediate entrapment by the Ministry itself…”

His speech was lengthy. After about five minutes of it, Fallon’s mind drifted elsewhere. To how life would be amongst the muggles.

Fallon couldn’t help but drool over going to Muggle School. She’s researched about all the subjects they get to learn and Fallon was ecstatic about that. If she has been hearing the bits and pieces of information about their stay correctly, they would be there for three-quarters of the muggles’ school year and come back to prepare for the war.

Fallon’s mind went wild with questions. Will they have to wear uniforms just like at Hogwarts? How many classes could they take? Any activities similar to Quidditch? Well of course not, nothing could compare to Quidditch, muggles don’t have broomsticks!

“Draco Malfoy, Fallon Geneva!” Fallon jumped in her seat and her head shot in the direction of the end of the table.

“You will be going to the United States of America,” Voldemort announced. Fallon shrugged, she kind of expected to go there. It’s a place with very few witches and wizards if any. Voldemort smirked suddenly.

“Of course Aiden will be with you guys as well. And my son Revel….” Fallon huffed. Revel probably asked to go with them.

Fallon pushed the thought away. She could forget about it for three months.

Fallon let her eyes scan the long table and shifted uncomfortably when she noticed Voldemort’s smile and eyes seemed to be directed towards her. But when she smiled back, he didn’t look away and his head moved to look past Fallon. She looked behind her and saw Revel beside her.

Holding her breath Fallon squeezed Draco’s hand.

“Why didn’t you tell me he was right there?” she asked speaking in a hushed tone. Draco looked up in thought.

“I thought you knew he was there.” Fallon huffed and shook her head before she blanked out for the rest of the ’feast’

“Yay, I get to live with you guys for seven months,” Aiden cried happily after everyone was excused, engulfing them in a group hug.

“Don’t forget me too,” Revel said coming up behind them. Aiden stuck his tongue out and walked away. Revel smiled and rested a hand on Fallon’s shoulder.

“What do you think you’re doing Turner?” Draco growled. During the school year Draco’s fondness of Revel gradually turned into hatred when he realized Revel was tormenting Fallon for quite some time, before they even met in person.

“Might as well start getting along now right?” Draco shook his head.

“I don’t think so,” he told Revel before he pulled Fallon over to their mothers.

“Hi mom,” Fallon said sweetly while she reached to grasp her mother’s forearm. Fallon’s mom warmly brought Fallon to her side and kissed the top of her head.

“When you two have to leave you better behave yourselves,” she warned but mainly directed it towards Draco.

He held his hands up in defeat.

“I won’t do anything,” he assured slipping away with Fallon once again. “Too bad,” he added when they were out of earshot.

Fallon wrinkled her nose in disgust and veered away from his side.

“Don’t be like that,” he begged chasing after her. Fallon exited the ballroom where the feast was held and went to make her way up the stairs. “I’m just cherishing the mood I’m in right now.”

Fallon nodded. “I know. I just wanted to get out of there is all,” she told him turning around on the step to look down at him. Draco put his foot on the next step but didn’t follow through to bring the rest of his body up.

“I want you to know,” Draco paused and looked down at his feet. Astonishingly letting a light blush dust on his pale skin. “No matter what happens, no matter how much of an asshole I am, no matter how many times Revel forces himself on you, no matter how many American girls like me or the American boys that like you, no matter if I get thrown into Azkaban, no matter if Potter mentally cracks and comes to kill me… I’ll always love you.”

Fallon smiled letting her fingers curl into her hand to form an excited fist that drifted over her chest. She descended the three steps to hover over him and place her hand on his cheek.

She lifted his face and watched the blush on his cheeks deepen in colour.

“D-don’t look at me,” he said frantically trying to turn away. Fallon roughly grabbed each side of his face and forced him to look up at her.

“I can’t believe you would say something so sweet like that,” she cooed stroking his cheek. She bent down and kissed him lovingly. “But I’m really glad you told me this now instead of later when I know you’ve probably kissed all the muggle girls you’ve met.”

“Let’s just play it by ear,” Draco suggested grabbing a hold of her wrists and lowering them from his face to intertwine them with his. Fallon nodded eagerly excited for the next three months to pass by as quickly as possible and when they find themselves surrounded by American muggles.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've noticed I haven't update in almost a week...... I'M SOOOOO SOOOORRRY. But if you haven't noticed this is the end. I can't believe I actually finished a story. But was this kind of a let down? Just a question. I'd love to hear from you guys before I start the sequel!!

Thanks to everyone who commented, read, subscribed or anything like that! I really appreciate eveything and I hope you keep following Fallon and Draco through the sequel.
<3<3<3<3<3<3