Status: Ongoing

17 Nights

A decorated smile to fade out

"Marge I said no! I'm not taking anymore scripts until I get my head on straight. This is completely ridiculous; I don't understand why I have to work!" Ava argued, stressing that she was not obligated to do anything. Her name wasn't attached to any projects, but directors and producers have been hoping to have her name on their movies.

Marge, Ava's agent, argued that her stint in rehab had done a lot of damage to her name and that she needed to keep relevant or else she would be forgotten. "You need take a role, especially with the success of 17 Nights; we need to ride on that."

"Marge, I've been working non-stop for eight years without a break. I want a break. I want a relationship. I want a boyfriend," Ava whined to her phone.

"But…"

"Goodbye, Marge," she said and hung up before Marge could say anything else. Ava let out a frustrated groan and entered MSG through the entrance.

Pulling her hat down her face, she hoped that no one would recognize her. Quickly slipping into the private box her family owned, Ava sat beside her mother. She kissed her mother's cheek and greeted her.

The game was already coming to an end and the Rangers were winning against the Devils 2-0. Everyone in the box sat at the edge of their seats, excluding Josephine and Ava, as they counted down for the buzzer to go off.

Ron and his friends celebrated when the buzzer went off, Ava just rolled her eyes and answered a text message from one of her friends.

"How was your day? Did you do anything productive?" Josephine asked her daughter as they sat and watched the team celebrate on the ice, behind them Ron was talking to friend he invited to the game.

"My day was good. I had to photo shoot in Brooklyn, but other than that I did nothing."

Josephine looked at her daughter with interest. "What magazine?"

"Vogue," she answered, looking up form her cell phone. "What about you, did you finish your closing dress?" Ava asked her mom, knowing that Josephine had spent hours working on her final dress, the dress that was suppose to make the biggest bang during fashion week.

"I'm almost done. I was hopping that you could model the dress in fashion week," her mother said nonchalantly as if their conversation happened often.

Ava shrugged, not even bothering to look up from her cell phone. "Okay."

"Okay, you'll do it? Or okay, whatever?"

Ava looked up and gave Josephine a bored look. "Okay, I'll do it. Just tell me the days and what cities."

"I was thinking of going all four cities this year," Josephine said, referring to the 'big four', New York, London, Milan and Paris.

"Jo, Ava, I want you guys to come down to the locker room with me," Ron called from the hallway.

Obediently, the mother and daughter duo got up form their seats and followed Ron to the locker room. Ava smoothed out her grey top and hooked her arm with her mother's. As they neared the locker rooms, more and more girls started to gather near the entrance and the only thing separating them were the guards and a velvet rope.

One of the guards nodded at Ron and moved aside for him and his family pass. Ava could practically feel the glares on her back. To piss them off even more, Ava turned her head and smirked at them. A couple of girls glared angrily at her while other stood mouth gaping as they instantly recognized her.

Josephine let out a chuckle. "You're horrible."

"John there you are!" Ron greeted the Rangers head coach and shook his hand. "You remember my wife and daughter," he said and stepped as side, placing his hand on the small of his wife's back.

"Its good to see you again, Jo, Ava," he smiled and kissed them both on the cheek. "Come in, the boys are decent." John ushered the family inside the locker room, Ava silently looking around.

"Ronny!" a chorus of men greeted their boss.

"It's been awhile since you came down here to visit us," one of them said, but Ava couldn't put her finger on which it was. "And you bring a gift!" he said referring to Ava.

Ava stared at the man disgusted. She was by no means an object and did not belong to anyone. She silently glared at the hockey player and was tempted to hit him.

Marc watched the blonde intrigued. She looked like she was on the verge of jumping on Dubinsky and start throwing punches. The way her face was screwed, she looked like she wasn't someone to mess with.

"I was just here to introduce my daughter and wife, since we're finally able to catch a game as a family," Ron joked. "My daughter Ava and my lovely wife Jo." Ron led his wife to one of the players and left Ava standing in the middle of the room.

Ava panned the room and smirked when she spotted a certain cute redhead. She sauntered over to him, her heels clicking with every step. "Well, if it isn't my new friend Marc Staal. Nice game by the way," she commented.

"Thanks," Marc said sheepishly. Something about Ava was intimidating, like if you did or said something stupid she would quickly criticize you.

"Hm, you're a rather shy ginger aren't you? Oh well, you're still my new friend. Keep up your shy attitude and very soon, you're going to be my new best friend," she joked and gave him a wink.

Marc started to feel a blush creeping in and was about to say something when his cell phone started vibrating. Looking at the caller ID, Marc's face lit up when he saw that Francesca was calling him. He looked at Ava, as if asking to be excused from their conversation.

"Go ahead, I'm not your mother," she said seeing his face light up. She guessed with was either his girlfriend or mother, but judging from the look on his face, she went with girlfriend. She watched him leave the room before leaning on the wall she closed her eyes for a second before opening them again when a presence sat beside her. "Can I help you Mr. Avery?"

"What's Kitty doing in my neck of the woods?" he asked with a smirk.

"Since 'your' neck of the woods, happens to also be my father's," she said stressing my.

Ava met Sean back in 2006-2007 when her former co-star Elisha Cuthbert brought him the set on a few occasions and Elisha subsequently introduced Ava to Sean. They considered each other as acquaintances, talking friendly to each other whenever they saw one another, but ended there.

"Hey, about Marc Staal," Ava paused.

"What about him? Does Kitty have her eyes on him?" he teased her.

Ava matched his smirk. "Maybe, it depends. Is he single?"

"As far as I know, yeah. I haven't seen him bring a girl to any games in a long time, not even parties," he informed her.

Ava got up. "Good, 'cause he's a cutie," she said, finding an attraction to the shy defenseman.

"Just try not to ruin him!" Sean called out as she walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think?
I was hoping for more feedback, cause I'm not to sure about the story.
If not, then I'm deleting this.
Thank you for reading!