Status: Ongoing

17 Nights

How amazing it feels just to live again

It was late and dark outside, but for Ava, that day was just about to begin. She scrambled to get everything she needed before her friends arrived. The ding that rang through her home snapped her out of her mad dash and Ava quickly went to her hallway.

"Let's go bitch! We're running late already," her friend said through the intercom when she answered it.

"Okay," she said and slipped on her purple pumps and took out her bright yellow peacoat from her closet. "Let's go," was the first thing she said when she saw her two friends, Mimi Dawson and Paulina Franks, in the front foyer.

Ava sat at the back of Mimi's black Escalade while Paulina rode shotgun. "So we're going to make an appearance at Tao and then we're going to some Club Brandon has been telling me about," Paulina said giving Ava a plan of their night.

Ava kept quiet and nodded. She played with her curled blonde hair, looking out the window; it wasn't as busy as it usually was for New York. The weather was cooling, but cold enough that a light jacket was needed.

Finally arriving at their destination, Ava got out of the car as Mimi handed her car and key to the man who parked the car at the back. Laughing, Ava watched Mimi wink and tip the cute man. She shook her head and entered the famous restaurant without Mimi and Paulina.

"Dawson," Ava said to the awaiting hostess who instantly recognized her.

"Right this way, Ms. Hall," she said politely and led her closer to the back of the restaurant where it was more secluded.

Ava was thankful that the area was more private, so that people wouldn't interrupt her asking for autographs. Ava loved her fans and was grateful for each and every one of them, but she hated it when they interrupted her when she was eating.

Sitting quietly, she waited for Mimi and Paulina to show up. She took off her jacket and placed it behind her chair. Squinting, Ava saw a familiar redhead about three tables down from her. Smirking, she got up and made her way to him.

"You look lonely," Ava said as soon as she sat down in front of him.

Marc looked up shocked. He didn't expect to see her, after all they've never really spoken and up until she introduced herself, Marc never really thought she knew who he was. He kept silent, feeling awkward with the predicament he was in. She was someone that everyone knew and loved, he was just another hockey player.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Ava asked leaning closer to him, she rested her chin on her intertwined hand and her elbows on the table. "What's a cutie like you doing all alone? It doesn't suit you," she flirted.

Marc blushed and looked down on the table. "She's late, and she isn't my girlfriend, just someone Sean set me up with," he mumbled.

Ava snorted unattractively. "Avery?" Marc nodded. "Why the hell would you trust Avery to hook you up with a girl? If anything he's probably screwing the girl right now," Ava said voicing her pretty low opinion of Sean Avery.

Marc shrugged, knowing the real reason why Sean had set him up with a girl. They boys thought that it was about time that he got over Frankie, especially since she was completely oblivious to his feelings and was with his younger brother. "What about you? Where's you're date?"

"Friends, actually. I'm here with my friends, if you can call them that. But I think they're a little busy," she said and looked back to where Paulina and Mimi were. The two girls were busy flirting with two guys that looked like they popped out of a fashion magazine.

Suddenly a brilliant idea popped in Ava's head and she sat up straight. "Hey, why don't we get out of here? I mean, you're date hasn't shown up and my friends are a little preoccupied, let's go," she exclaimed happily. "Come on," she commanded, taking his hand, not letting him protest.

She grabbed her jacket and purse from her chair when they passed her table and stopped a waiter. "Excuse me, but can we use the backdoor to get out of here," she said slyly, not bothering to explain why she needed to use the backdoor.

She figured she'd let the waiter jump to conclusions, he probably thought that she was sneaking away so that the media wouldn't find out she had a date. But really it was so that she didn't have to explain to Mimi and Paulina why she was leaving, a man in tow.

"I love New York!" she shouted happily, when they found themselves in Central Park. She danced around, spinning like a child as she giggled.

Marc watched the blonde, amused. This was another side to her; he never would have thought she had. She was usually always serious, but this playful and happy Ava, he could get used too. She flung her purple bag around, almost hitting a couple walking by, earning her a glare.

"Oops," she said innocently and looked at him. "So I did some research on you. I didn't know you were a farmer," she revealed in a teasing tone.

Marc blushed for what seemed like the hundredth time around her and shrugged it off. "Yeah, grew up in Thunder Bay all my life," he replied nonchalantly.

Ava smiled, she was finally getting somewhere with him. He was more talkative around her, and it was an accomplishment she as proud of. "That's cute, you should show me around Thunder Bay one day," she commented. "How are you taking New York?" she asked and hooked her arm around his.

"It's fine, completely different from Thunder Bay, that's for sure. Kind of lonely. What about you? Have you lived in New York all your life?"

"Me? I was born in Gothenburg, Sweden, my mom's Swedish, but I was mostly raised in New York because my dad's company was here. I get the occasional summers in Prague or Cannes. Give me your cell phone," she commanded him and stuck out her hand.

Marc took out his phone hesitantly, but gave it to her none the less. "Why? What are you going to do?" he asked her.

"If you ever need a friend or if you're ever lonely," she explained as she typed in her number and name. "Don't forget to call," she said and winked.

Laughing, Marc and Ava continued to walk around Central Park. It was quiet and less crowded something Ava enjoyed a lot. It gave her more chances to get to really know Marc.

Marc was different, that was for sure. He was well mannered, respectful and utterly adorable. He had that boyish smile that brought out a smile from Ava. She could definitely see herself falling for him and it worried her.

"Thanks for walking me home," Ava said as they both stood in front of her building. "You're a good guy, Marc Staal. That girl must have been really stupid to pass up a date with you," she said and kissed him chastely on the lips. "I'll see you around," she smiled and walked inside the building.

Marc stood there smiling like an idiot. Ava Hall was something alright. She was forward but not the annoyingly in your face forward. She knew what she wanted and found means to get whatever she set her eyes on. She was, without doubt, someone that could possibly make him forget about his feelings for Frankie.
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you guys think?
More feedback would be really nice, still not sure about the story.
Thank you for reading and to those who commented!