Lost Souls

Three.

I sighed and motioned for the waitress nearby to come. She had dyed blonde hair in big curls; she was wearing the waitress uniform, which was a spin on a classic uniform, except in bright light blue and green stripes, ripped at the ends and she wore these brightly coloured high-tops that surprisingly looked good with the outfit. She came up to me smiling. “Hi, what can I get for you?”

“A cheeseburger please!” I jokingly pleaded with a small smile, “Also a refill on my Pepsi.”

She left and all alone, I was a little bored. I took the small square napkin and grabbed my pen from my small bag, thankfully I brought it. I started doodling basic things, hearts and peace signs, and had started to doodle my name when I felt eyes on me. I looked up to see the hot guy staring at me. It was unnerving, honestly. I stared at him, appalled that he was still watching me.

Not taking my eyes off him, I got up from my seat and walked towards him. As I got closer, he smirked and I breathed out shakily, that was a sexy smirk.

“Come to get an up close look of the ‘perfect eye candy’?” he asked once I was in front of him.

“Heard that did you?” I asked sheepishly. Then I shrugged; my tone of voice turning serious. “I mean, dude, you’re hot.” He laughed and raised his glass to me.

“Why thank you, you’re pretty sexy yourself.”

“I’m glad you think so.” I smiled tightly, fed up of pretending to be nice. I didn’t like the way I reacted to this guy. The way he smirked made me feel as if he knew exactly the effect he had on girls and honestly, I’m taking it to heart to never meet him again. Anyway, I cut to the chase. “Yeah well, it’s nice to meet you and but it was creepy when you were staring at me, so could you not?”

"Why? Maybe I like staring at you," he said, his eyes dancing with amusement.

"Hmm, well I don't really care. It's weird."

"Alright I'll stop staring at you, if you sit down here with me," he said. I wanted to scoff and kick him. Was that his attempt at being charming? Not to mention, how desperate was this dude if he was trying to pick me up?

I leaned in closer and stared right into his eyes, smiling. Fire churned in me. He probably thought I was lovesick. But I knew I was pissed. "I'd rather not." I stopped smiling. Before I could distance myself, Creepy Hot Guy's fingers caressed my cheek, flushed from anger. He smiled secretly and I wondered if he could hear my heart beating so rapidly.

Quickly, I turned and walked back to my table at the end, which was already there with my food. I sat down and sighed, relieved that when I looked, Creepy Hot Guy had left.

The next day, when I opened my eyes and looked at my digital clock, I gave a little mental dance, today was Saturday. I was rid of yesterday, in all its weirdness, and could finally sleep a little more.

“Oh good! You’re up!” I heard Elizabeth’s distinctive chirpy voice and my eyes shot open.

Sitting up on my bed, I saw Hannah lying on the ground, which was covered with a thick dark blue carpet, Tracy reading one of my books, and Elizabeth…oh God, Elizabeth going through the clothes in my closet. I slumped back down. Groaning, I tried willed myself back to sleep.

I failed miserably.

“What are you doing in my room?” I asked wearily, turning on to my side to see Elizabeth. She frowned at one of my black hoodies.

“You know, we need to take you shopping. You always wear jeans; why not show some skin a little? Ooh, we can go buy some shorts! You have great legs and should show it off!” she said. Great legs, I should’ve known.

“What?” I asked, exasperated. Shopping? But it was a Saturday! Sleep in, you know! I sighed. Why does it seem as if all my plans have just been flushed down the toilet and in the drain?

“Yeah! Come on, get ready! We’re going to the mall!” Elizabeth said, “Besides, I have someone to introduce to you all.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:) I love comments you know, just saying. If there's something wrong with the way I write or anything, please send me a comment so I'll know what to fix