Between Two Worlds

o n e

It was five months ago. Just 5 months ago that My parents split up, and I was made to live with my mum. She swore down on mine as well as my brothers, Aaron and Matthew's lives, that she would never fall in love again because 'All men are twats'. Yeah, well that backfired on her a lot. Five months after the divorce my mum had a 'surprise' in store for us, just not the surprise I particularly had in mind...

Mum brought home her work partner and announced that they were in fact engaged! It wasn't even describable how pissed off I felt. And the lovey dovey eyes they used every two seconds weren't making me feel much better.

"Barry, do you want to have some 'fun' when the kids go to bed?" She whispered in Barry's ear, just a bit too loud for my liking.

That was it, I really couldn't take it any more, I was fed up of her crap, her lies and her broken promises, I mean what does she even think she's going to achieve this time, another broken heart?

"Mum, what do you think your doing?!” I hissed, pulling her up from the sofa and out of the arms of that.. thing. “Five months ago you swore on my life that you wouldn't fall in love with anyone ever again, that it was just gonna be me, you, Aaron and Matthew, and now your engaged and planning some 'fun' with Mr home wrecker in there! " I yelled at her.

"Chloe, hunny.. please calm down and we can talk!" She replied calmly, her eyes leaving my face for a split second as she looked at Barry who was sat popping open another beer can.

"No, I wont calm down! Why should I? You obviously don't care what happens to your own children, I mean swearing on our lives then doing this? " I didn't know whether to laugh at the fact that I actually believed that it would just be our family and no one else or cry because she broke the promise she made to us.

I turned from her quickly and ran upstairs, jumping on my bed as soon as it was in view. I shuffled down, burying my head in my pillow as the tears began to seep down my face.

I rolled over holding he stuffed bear my Grandma had gotten me before she passed away, it was the only thing that could ever make me feel better about anything.

I began to think what I could do to make my mother feel pain, after all, she deserved it.

Should I run away? I'm not sure that would exactly cause her pain, its not like she would miss me now she's got that stupid Barry, Aaron and Matthew have each other.
I'm not sure where I'd go though..

In-fact, I'm gonna do it, I can't stand living here any more. Mum and Barry make me feel physically sick, playing their childish games. Then the other things...the things I never wanted to see my mum do. Ugh I can't even bare to think about it.

* * *

That's it, there's no turning back now, my bags are packed and in a pile on the grass outside my room, now all I had to figure out was how to climb out of the window without falling and killing myself.

I placed my foot skilfully on the outstretched tree branch and slid down the tree, landing with a thud on the soggy grass, I sighed throwing my backpack over my shoulder and pulled along the larger bag behind me as I ran quickly off the yard and around the corner.

I hadn't realised how dark it had gotten, I looked at my phone noticing the time as 1am and suddenly I felt my eyes drooping.

I really hadn't though this through at all, it was throwing it down with rain and I still have no-where to go

But I carried on walking though, right now it was all I could do, I couldn't stop here, someone would find me and take me home.

I don't know why I was doing this, I could just go home and sort things out, or even go live with dad, but no, I had to be stubborn and prove this point, not just for me, but Aaron, Matthew and mum too. She had to see how her love life is affecting us, Aaron and Matthew were too young to understand what was going on, all they cared about was the fact they weren't the only boys in the house any more.

A few streets away at least was where I would stop, hopefully find an open garage or somewhere dry to stay for tonight.

I think I was walking for another half hour before I got to the park, here should be good, just for tonight.

I settled my things under the biggest tree, making sure I would be out of view and dry from the rain, I sighed laying back against the bark of the tree, my hair falling my face as I got comfortable.

I curled myself up into a ball and placed my head onto my backpack, my eyes glued to the shine of the moon showing through the small gaps in the leaves of the tree, I had to admit, it was a nice night apart from the cold and rain.

It Just wasn't the best night to be running away from home.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is the first chapter of my first story on here [:
I hope you like it.
please, comment to tell me what you think.

P.s; Taylor will come in shortly