Status: I don't know what I was trying to do but I think I did it.

It's Only Illegal If You Get Caught

i'll show you what you're worth

"I need your answer, Dahlia. Now," Eric told me. I looked down at my sandwich.

"It'll change your life for the better. I honestly don't want to walk in on your mom and my professor again," added Jonah. My eyes widened. After hearing that, I had made my decision.

"How fast can I get Roxy and some stuff from my house?" I asked from behind my sandwich.

"Already done," I heard someone say. I sighed and took another bite, savoring the tasty sauce.

&&&

3 years later.

I ran up the stairs to my pent house home in the sky. I walked in the door calmly only to be pounced on by Fox and Roxy. They licked at my face and barked excitedly. "How was your date?"

I looked up at my step-dad and smiled. "It was really great. He took me horse back riding again."

"That's sweet. Eric, would you mind getting me the pepper?" asked my mother, Tabitha. After setting me and my new mom up, I set Eric up with my new mom. They got married in the spring.

"Sure thing, honey." I smiled and closed the door. "Now Dahlia. We were thinking about what to do for your birthday and we decided that it would be best if you went to go see Midtown with Jonah."

"Really?!" I squealed. I jumped up and down before rushing around the counter to hug hum. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squealed some more as I headed to my room.

&&&

Later that night.

It was about 11:30 pm when I snuck out of my room. I tiptoed past my parents' room and slipped into the living room. I was about to turn into the kitchen when I saw the light on. I almost ran back to my room but I couldn't ignore what I had just heard. "He abducts children for a living, Tabitha!" my aunt Rochelle screamed at my mother.

"It's not like that! He gives children better lives! He gave Dahlia a better life!"

"He could go to jail and so could you! I'm not going to let you waste the rest of your life just because you were a little slut back in high school!"

Anger flared up in my mother, showing all over her body. "Don't you dare try to blame that on me. It's not my fault that-"

"That what, Tabs?! That you just couldn't keep your legs crossed long enough to keep the boys away?!"

"That you and mom weren't good examples for me! You were too busy being slutty yourselves to set me straight!"

"Like your a better example! I bet you have your own little slut now. Sneaking out to parties and having unprotected sex. I bet that bitch is pregna-" My mother punched Rochelle in the face and knocked her out. Tears ran down my face and I ran quietly back to my room.

I never snuck out to a party before or after that night. I never had sex until marriage. I never drank, did drugs, popped pills, smoked or snorted anything. I never let my grades slip up. I never forgot that night. So much for a better life.