Status: Complete

Like Walking Into a Dream

Silence.

Brian and I sat on the couch in silence after we got home from lunch. Neither of us knew what to say and for once, I didn’t feel like talking to him. It wasn’t that I was mad, well I was mad, but not at him. I was confused and I didn’t know what to believe. I wish Michelle would just leave us alone already and get over herself.

“It’s not mine,” Brian finally mumbled after half an hour of no talking. I nodded and stood up to walk into the kitchen. Brian was hot on my trail.

“Babe, you believe me, right? I didn’t even sleep with her before I broke it off—“

“I don’t want to talk about this right now. I have to prepare dinner for the guys…”

“Peyton, please don’t shut me out. We need to talk about this because none of it’s true—“

“Brian, I believe you, but now is not the best time this,” I whispered and opened the freezer to take the steaks out of it. Brian sighed and took a seat on one of his barstools. It was silent again as I started getting the potatoes ready to bake.

Brian’s phone began ringing and he excused himself from the room to answer it. When he was gone, I relaxed and took a deep breath. I felt like I was suffocating; I never thought that dating him would be this hard. I knew Michelle would be a bitch, but I didn’t think she would say she was pregnant.

Of course I believe Brian…Or at least I want to. But what am I supposed to do when his ex-FIANCEE claims she’s carrying his child.

I closed my eyes and took another breath before I began prepping the potatoes again. Brian came back into the kitchen as he was hanging up.

“Who was that?” I asked.

“My dad…He heard about Michelle and he began giving me a lecture. Why does everyone believe her when we just proved that she was a huge liar?” he asked sitting down again. I shrugged my shoulders softly not knowing how to answer him.

“I guess I’ll go get the grill ready,” he said and walked outside with Pinkly following him closely.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called Casey. She was probably getting ready for her date right now.

“Hey Pey. What’s up?”

“Michelle’s pregnant and it might be Brian’s.” I blurted.

“The bitch is what?!?!”

“She says she’s pregnant, but Brian is denying it. I don’t know what to do. I want to believe him, but a baby?” I asked. Casey was quiet for a few seconds.

“Pey, don’t work yourself up. You like Brian a lot right?”

“Yeah.”

“Then don’t doubt him. If he says it’s not his then he knows best. Michelle is trying to get the sympathy vote and you just need to keep your head high and ignore her. You’re stronger than this, Pey,” Casey gave me a small pep talk, but it worked.

“You’re right. What would I do without you?” I asked her seriously.

“You wouldn’t be living, babe. Call me if you need to talk again. Any time; I don’t even care if it’s during my date. I’m here for you.”

“You’re the best, Casey. Have fun tonight and thanks,” I said with a soft smile.

“No problem.” We hung up and I finished the potatoes and started on the salad. Once that was done and chilling in the fridge, I marinated the steaks for Brian.

“The grill is almost ready,” Brian said coming back in from the backyard. I flashed him a wide smile and his eyebrows rose.

“Did I miss something?”

“Nope, I just needed a second to breathe,” I said and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“So we’re okay, right?”

“We’re definitely okay,” I grinned and gave him a quick kiss.

“You had me worried for a minute,” he sighed. I laughed and handed him the plate of steaks.

“We need to trust each other more. I believe in you just so you know,” I said. Brian smiled gently and kissed my forehead.

“That means a lot,” he said before going outside to put the steaks on. I grabbed the potatoes wrapped in foil and followed him to the grill. We put the food on and set the timer.

“When is everyone showing up?” I asked.

“Between 5:30 and 6. It’s almost 5 now,” he said reading the time on his watch.

“Good. That means we get more time alone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This one is shorter, sorry. Guys, my laptop completely died on me and I had to order a new core battery and it's taking FOREVER to ship here so... Yeah it's been a while since I was able to use a computer. This one is my sister's because I'm visiting her. Don't worry though, I'll update as soon as I get my laptop working again(: