Status: Complete

Like Walking Into a Dream

News.

I woke up to my phone alarm blaring Like A G6. Groaning, I grabbed it off the nightstand and turned off the music. I laid in bed for a few minutes and stared at the ceiling. Today was my first day back to work and I wasn’t looking forward to it.

I was about to get up when I felt something move around under the sheets. I froze in fear and barely breathed. What the hell was in my bed? Then something brushed against my leg; it was…furry? I lifted the comforter up and saw Pinkly curled up against my leg. The dog looked up at me as if to say why the hell did you wake me up?

I laughed at my stupidity before getting up and going into the bathroom to shower and get ready for work. After I was dressed and put my face on, I went downstairs and saw Brian searching through the fridge in the kitchen.

“Ooo, are you making me breakfast?” I asked wrapping my arms around him. He chuckled and closed to fridge before turning around and wrapping his arms back around me.

“Damn, only you can make scrubs look that attractive,” he said and leaned down to kiss. At least he already brushed his teeth. I smiled into the kiss and pulled him closer to me.

“I don’t want you to leave,” he mumbled against my neck.

“Neither do I, but I'm good at what I do and they need me.” I held his face between my hands and kissed him again. Brian took hold of my hips and pushed me back against a counter and placed his body flush against mine. I blushed a little but kept kissing him.

Brian ran a hand up and down my side while his other thumb rubbed circles into my hip. I slowly pulled away only to be able to catch my breath.

“You’re just trying to make me late.”

“Or trying to convince you to call in sick,” he replied kissing the corner of my mouth.

“You know I can’t do that. It’s my first day back and I don’t want to get behind. Besides, we’re having the guys over for dinner so just look forward to that,” I said trying to change the subject.

“I’d rather just be alone with you all day and night,” he grumbled and kissed me once more before releasing his grip on me.

“I get off at 2 so I won’t be gone forever,” I said as I slipped on my shoes by the door and got in my car. I drove to the hospital vaguely aware that I had just skipped breakfast.

“Pey, you’re back!” as soon as I walked in, I was assaulted by Casey. She pulled me over to the nurses’ station and showed me which rooms I was in charge of today.

“How have things been around here?” I asked softly once business was put aside. Casey shrugged her shoulders a little.

“Everyone knows that you and Eric are over and most saw the gossip show you were on. Of course there are a few girls who are holding grudges against you for ‘breaking Eric’s heart’,” she said using air quotes.

“Who is that?” I asked gathering my clipboard and pen.

“Just Megan and Amanda mainly. But they don’t come in until after your shift so you won’t have worry about them today,” Casey said with a wide grin. God I love this girl. She and Leana are my rocks when it comes to girl friends. I don’t know what I would do without them.

“I’ll be back then,” I said and went to make my rounds. Everyone seemed to be doing okay so I went back to my computer and began typing my reports and documenting patients’ improvements.

“What are you doing today?” Casey asked from next to me. She was also busy typing away on her computer.

“I get off at 2 and then Brian and I are going to get dinner ready a little earlier because the guys are coming over. You want to come too? I bet Leana would love to see you again,” I said remembering that I didn’t invite her.

“No thanks, but thanks anyway. I actually have a hot date tonight,” she said with a wink.

“Oh really? And can I ask the name of this hot date?” I asked giving her more attention than my computer screen.

“His name is Benji…” I stopped typing completely and looked at her seriously.

“You can't mean that Benji…right?” Casey didn’t say anything and kept typing away on her keyboard.

“Benji Madden? Are you serious? That’s great, Casey. He’s good friends with A7X so we can all hang out sometime,” I said. Casey finally looked up at me slowly.

“I’m just so nervous. I mean he’s famous and I’m not used to being around band members like you are!” she said quickly. I laughed and helped her calm down. At least she is finding someone she likes enough to give them a chance.

The rest of the day passed by quickly and I left at 2 to go home. I hadn’t eaten all day so my stomach was growling when I walked inside the front door. Obviously Brian heard it because he laughed and got up from his stop on the couch and took my hand.

“Let’s go out to eat,” he said and began walking out the door, but I planted my feet into the carpet and refused to budge.

“What’s wrong?” he asked clearly confused. I pointed to my scrubs and gave a duh look to him.

“I’m not going out in public dressed like this. Especially since it seems that we are now in the spotlight because of that interview,” I winked at him and went into my room to change. I put on a pair of capris and a loose fitted white tank top with love written on is in several different languages. I pulled on a pair of black wedge heels and heart and key necklace before going back to meet Brian.

“Hey good lookin’, what’s cookin’?” he asked slyly.

“You must think you’re so smooth,” I joked and held his hand.

“Oh I know I am,” he said as he locked the front door and we walked to his truck to get in it and drive into town.

“Where do you want to eat?” he asked. I thought for a minute and smiled.

“Somewhere on the beach,” I said happily. He smiled back at me and held my hand as he drove. He parked near the beach and we walked into a small sandwich stop right on the beach. We ordered out food and took it out onto the patio.

“What do you want to cook for dinner?” I asked after a few minutes. Brian leaned back in his chair and took a sip of his soda.

“I don’t know. Maybe we can grill some steaks and potatoes,” he said taking another bite of his sandwich. I’ve noticed that Brian has been eating healthier ever since I moved in. He isn’t getting fast food and burgers all the time anymore and now he’s getting subway and having home cooked meals. It makes me happy.

“That sounds good. We have a few steaks in the freezer that we can thaw out and I'm pretty sure we have a big bag of potatoes too,” I said trying to picture where everything was in the kitchen.

“I like this,” he said which interrupted my thinking.

“Like what? The food?” I asked. Brian chuckled and shook his head.

“No, I like planning what we’re having for dinner. I like having you live with me. I like that you wake up early and don’t let me sleep the day away. I like that you’re slowly changing me for the better.” I blushed a little when he was done, but he just grinned and leaned over the table to kiss my cheek.

“I like it too—“

“Brian, Peyton, over here!” Brian and I looked over to see a man with a camera taking pictures of us a few feet away.

“Great…” he mumbled. We grabbed our food and threw away what we didn’t eat and began to walk away.

“Wait, how are you two doing? Are you even the least bit worried about Michelle and the unexpected news?!” the man called after us. I stopped walking and looked at Brian slightly confused.

“What news?” he asked the paparazzi man.

“You don’t know? After your appearance on Stars Exposed, Michelle came out with news of her being pregnant. She says it’s your baby,” the man said slowly like he didn’t understand how Brian didn’t know about this.

“That’s a load of bullshit. I didn’t sleep with her the last few months we were together!” he growled and pulled me into his truck. Wow, I never knew dating a rock star could be this dramatic…
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn Michelle... Oh I love drama (: Comments please!