Status: Complete

Like Walking Into a Dream

Pancakes.

I woke up to the smell of burning food. Smiling a little, I got up and walked into the kitchen to find Jimmy and Leana trying to make pancakes. They were covered in flour and a plate of burnt pancakes was on the table.

“Wow, I’m amazed,” I said and the two looked at me sheepishly.

“At what? Our inability to cook?” Leana asked with a laugh. I shook my head and took a black spotted pancake and bit into it.

“No, I know Jimmy can’t cook to save his life. I’m talking about you two making breakfast for me,” I grinned.

“Don’t be so full of yourself. We just wanted a decent breakfast is all,” Jimmy tried to play it off. I glanced at the pancake in my hand and then back up at him.

“Uh huh… Sure.” The mood turned serious and soon I was being stared at by my best friends.

“What are you going to do now?” Leana asked. I shrugged and finished the pancake.

“I’ll go shopping for my dress with you and Casey and then I’ll go talk to him. I’m not going to call off our wedding because we had one fight. This happens all the time with couples nowadays,” I mumbled.

“Pey, just come to us whenever you need to, okay?” Jimmy asked. I nodded.

“You would be the first person I would turn to,” he smiled and messed up my hair. I smiled and grabbed Leana.

“Now, if you don’t mind, us girls have some dress shopping to do.” Jimmy groaned and I reminded him that Brian would come by to take him tux shopping too. He rolled his eyes as Leana and I ran to get ready.

Leana called Casey on our way to Leana’s car to tell her we were on our way. She said she was ready so when we pulled up to her house, she just got into the back.

“Peyton! The nurses found the magazine you threw into the trash the other day and they told Eric. I tried to get a hold of you, but you didn’t answer your phone,” I frowned and checked my pockets.

“I must have left it at home after Eric and I fought. Yeah I know, he and I got into this really big fight over it and I crashed at Leana’s.”

“Sorry, Pey, I shouldn’t have brought it to work.”

“Don’t sweat it, Casey. If you didn’t then someone else would have. It would have come up later anyway. It’s better it came up now so we can get past it. Enough with this serious talk! I want a strapless dress,” the girls started gushing on different designs and I smiled along.

Truth be told, I wasn’t all that excited about getting my wedding dress. I’ve never seen that side of Eric before. It’s like he’s been hiding his true colors from me all this time and it worried me.

We pulled up to the dress shop and the girls pulled me out of the car. They told the assistants that I need a dress and immediately, they started taking my measurements and all that jazz. This is going to be a long day.

………………………………..

BRIAN POV

Brian pulled up to Jimmy’s and closed his phone. That was his third time trying to call Peyton. He knew something was wrong when she burst into the studio in the middle of their recording session. He wanted to know what was going on and now.

Jimmy came out and got into the passenger seat. He knew right away Brian wanted answers from him.

“What’s wrong with Peyton?”

“Relax, she just got into a fight with Eric and didn’t know where else to go,” he said as Brian started driving.

“I tried calling her, but she hasn’t answered her phone…”

“Leana called me and told me she left it at her house. They actually wanted me to go pick it up because Peyton is going to be too busy to go get it.” Jimmy said. Brian nodded and began driving to Peyton’s.

“I think you better stay in the car,” Jimmy warned him.

“Why?”

“Eric and Peyton got into a fight over the magazine article. I don’t think Eric would like to see you if he’s home, which he is,” Jimmy said seeing Eric’s car in the driveway.

“C’mon Jimmy, I can help explain that nothing happened between us.”

“Bri, you might just make it worse—“

“Let’s go,” Brian was already getting out of the car before Jimmy could stop him.

“Great,” he grumbled and followed his band mate to the front door. Jimmy rang the doorbell and after a few minutes, Eric opened the door with a bit of hope on his face.

“Oh, it’s just you.”

“That’s a warm welcoming,” Jimmy commented. Eric crossed his arms and sighed.

“I thought you were Peyton,” he explained.

“No, Peyton stayed at my place last night,” Jimmy told him. Brian looked Eric up and down and tried to find a reason why Peyton stayed with him. Maybe it was because he was a doctor.

“I see. What are you doing here?” Eric looked away from Jimmy and at Brian standing next to him. The anger clearly showed on his face and he clenched his fists in hate.

“And what is he doing here?!” he hissed. Brian raised an eyebrow.

“Peyton left her phone here and asked us to pick it up. She’s out dress shopping and we were on our way to get me a tux.” Jimmy watched as the air around them got heavy and tense.

“Stay away from my fiancée,” Eric warned Brian.

“Look man, we’re just friends. The Paparazzi does this all the time to me and tries to make something up when there isn’t anything there to begin with,” Brian said calmly.

“Don’t look man me! I know the kind of guy you are and I don’t want you associating with Peyton. You’ll only cause problems for us in the future.” Brian took a deep breath and held back from punching the man before him.

How could Peyton like someone like him? He’s boarder line crazy! Brian vowed in his head right then that he wouldn’t let Peyton say ‘I do’ to Eric. That was for sure.

“Can we just have her phone and then we’ll leave,” Jimmy said. Eric narrowed his eyes before disappearing from the doorway and then coming back with Peyton’s phone.

“And stop calling her too. The ringtone is annoying the hell out of me,” Eric tossed the phone at Jimmy, but was staring Brian in the eye. The two walked back to Brian’s car and got in.

“I can see some major intervention in the future. Peyton can’t marry someone like him,” Brian grumbled.

“Oh and who can she marry? Someone like you? Brian, leave it alone. Peyton is a big girl and no matter how much I hate it, we have no right to stop her wedding with Eric.” Jimmy sighed sadly. Brian made a noise of distaste and grabbed Peyton’s phone. He saw 3 missed calls from ‘Bri (:’. He smiled at the name she gave him in her phone book.

Curiosity got the better of him and he dialed her number again. His guitar solo from Afterlife filled the car and he laughed.

“Of course she would,” he smiled and drove to the dress shop so they could give Peyton her phone. Jimmy looked over at his best friend in worry. He knew Brian had some sort of feelings for Peyton, but they would only cause problems for them.

And the worst part was all he could do was watch it unfold.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am SOOOO sorry for the wait. I've been babysitting my sister's twins day AND night for the past 2 weeks and I'm so sleep deprived it's not even funny. But I'm trying to get some updates out so just bear with me guys. Thanks for all the support and comments!(: