Status: Complete

Like Walking Into a Dream

Regret.

“Peyton, come out and show us already!” Leana yelled from the other side of the curtain. I spun around in the dress in front of the mirror one more time and sighed. Why wasn’t I happy?

I moved the curtain aside and walked into the waiting area to show Leana and Casey. They raised their eyebrows and I did a turn for them. The dress was beautiful, but it didn’t feel right.

“What do you think?” I asked them. Leana nodded her head.

“Hot. Eric will love taking that off of you.” She smirked. I laughed a little and turned to Casey. She was just staring at me oddly.

“Pey? Do you feel okay? You haven’t been yourself ever since we started shopping… Is something on your mind?” she asked. Of course Casey would be able to tell when something wasn’t right with me.

“I’m just worried, that’s all.”

“Cold feet?” Leana asked taking a seat next to Casey. I shrugged my shoulders and sat down in between them. I messed with the white fluff of the dress and got comfy.

“What is it?” Casey wouldn’t drop it.

“I’ve just never seen Eric act that way to me and it’s been worrying me all day. What if he’s been acting this whole time and he’s actually a really cruel person that I don’t even know! I mean, we’ve never been this mad at each other before,” I bit my bottom lip and looked between the girls.

“Why didn’t you just tell us? Peyton, you shouldn’t keep these things to yourself. We’re here to help you,” Casey said.

“I know, but I think it’s silly for me to be like this. I love Eric and I know I shouldn’t worry, but I can't help but wonder what if?” I groaned and leaned back in my chair.

“Pey—“

“Ladies! We’re here!” we all turned and saw Jimmy and Brian walk into the dress shop. The girls working wouldn’t take their eyes off of them. Leana gave me the look.

“We’re not done with this,” she whispered before jumping up and running into Jimmy’s open arms. I stood up and smoothed out my dress. Casey’s phone rang and she excused herself to take the call.

“We went and got your phone,” Brian said walking to me. He handed me it.

“You went to my house? I’m sorry! Did Eric say anything to you?” I asked worried that Eric may have made a fool of himself or offended Brian or both.

“Nothing short of just stay away. He’s a guy that doesn’t want other guys to move in on his girl. It’s fine.” Brian shrugged his shoulders, but I could tell the confrontation was more than just that.

“Thank you,” I said and checked my phone. Casey did call me a lot and there were like 10 texts saying she was sorry. I laughed and then saw the missed calls from Brian.

“Why did you call?” I asked looking at him. He scratched his head and smiled a little.

“You looked pretty upset when you came into the recording studio and I got worried. You look fine now, but as a friend I was pulling my hair out.” I giggle and shook my head.

“Thanks for your concern, but I think everything is going to be okay now.”

“You think?” he asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yeah, Eric and I don’t normally fight so I overreacted and ran out. I’m going to see him after the girls and I finish shopping.” For the first time, Brian noticed what I was wearing.

“The dress is nice and it looks beautiful on you.” I blushed and smiled.

“It’s like the 15th dress I’ve put on today. After this we still have to shop for jewelry, shoes, makeup, and figure out how I'm doing my hair.” I informed him.

“Jeez, girls take this wedding thing pretty seriously huh?” I nodded. Casey came back in and came over to us.

“Can I borrow Peyton for a minute?” she didn’t wait for an answer, but pulled me away from the others and towards a rack of dresses.

“Casey, what is it?” I asked once we stopped.

“Is it Brian?” she asked.

“Is what Brian?” I asked.

“Don’t play with me. Is Brian the reason why you’re questioning your engagement to Eric?” she asked.

“Where did you get that from? Brian and I are just friends. There’s nothing else going on.”

“Really? Then why does it seem like there’s more to it? I never see you this happy at work. You see Eric almost every day at the hospital and you smile, but I see you just talking with Brian and you’re glowing!” she whispered harshly. I glanced at my friends and saw they weren’t paying attention to us.

“Casey—“

“Look, I’m not trying to tell you how to live, but should you really be shopping for your wedding dress when you have feelings for another guy, other than Eric?” she asked softer.

“I’m not talking about this now,” I went back into the dressing room and started changing. Casey is just confusing me more. I love Eric and that is why I’m marrying him. So what if I like Brian a little bit. So sue me.

I slowed down dressing and stared into the mirror. But what if Casey is right? I crossed my arms and stood there deep in thought.

“Peyton, did you die in there?” I jumped at the sound of Brian’s voice on the other side of the curtain.

“I’m fine. What is it?”

“We were all going to go out for lunch and give you girls a break. You ready?” he asked. I pushed the curtain aside and brushed past him.

“I’m not feeling good,” I mumbled before walking out of the store. I didn’t stop until I reached the beach and then I kept walking until I got to a more secluded area near the rocks and cliff edge. I sat down on one of the larger rocks and stared out at the ocean.

My phone started buzzing so I pulled it out of my pocket and saw it was Eric. I ignored the call and set my phone down beside me.

“You should talk to him.”

“Why are you here?” I asked not looking at Brian.

“I followed you because you were acting weird.” He sat down beside me.

“You’re not the first person to tell me that today,” I laughed dryly and faced him.

“What am I doing? I can't get married… God, why am I thinking about this now? My wedding is in a few weeks.” I vented.

“Maybe you should try to relax before you do something you’ll regret.” Brian tried to reason.

“What if I regret ever getting engaged?” I asked and tears prickled in my eyes.

“Peyton, you don’t mean that.”

“Yes I do! I was fine and happy with Eric and then you came along and screwed it all up and now I'm regretting the whole thing.” I said angrily.

“I screwed it up?”

“Yeah, you come in and mix up my feelings and emotions and make me so confused that I don’t know what to do anymore!” I cried. Brian grabbed my face with his hands and smashed our lips together. Tingles shot down my spine, but the kiss was over before it started.

“Like that?” he asked.

“Yeah, just like that…”
♠ ♠ ♠
I have the weekend off to update!!(: Leave comments and love!