Status: Should I stay or should I go now

Friendship Is Funny

Shark

She looked towards the floor and squinted slightly, expecting to be blinded by florescent lights. Instead, the room was only dimly lit. She raised her head and examined her surroundings curiously. It was big and and empty, but it seemed to be a lobby. Everything must have been cleared out in preparation for the party. There were doors leading to other rooms on all sides, but they were shut and probably locked.

The sound of dress shoes tapping against tile brought her attention to the group she was accompanying. She followed them, knowing she would not be able to find her way through the extensive building on her own. The couple leading the group were chatting away nonchalantly while the rest were silently trailing behind. They entered into a wide hallway and made their way towards an elevator. One of them pressed a button and it's doors slowly opened. The attendees began crowding inside. She was the last to board, squeezing herself through the cluster of refined people to find a spot in the back. One of them knocked into her as she attempted to slide by.

"Watch it!" he barked, shoving her roughly. She let out an small squeal as she crashed into another man who was leaning against the back wall of the elevator. The man seemed unfazed by the sudden impact. He unconcernedly looked down at her body, still pressed against his. She turned her head away sheepishly, attempting to push herself off of him. Suddenly, in one swift motion, he grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back into his chest. His grip was strong, almost painful. Confused, she looked up at him. His mask was a little different from the others she had seen. This one covered his whole face instead of only half like most of them. The mask only exposed his shadowed brown eyes through oval holes. She stared into them, wishing she could read his expression. His dark gaze pierced her bright green eyes. To her, it felt as if he was trying to burn straight through them.

Deciding his stare was more than likely a glare, she opened her mouth to apologize but his hand tightened around her arm. She furrowed her eyebrows, becoming slightly annoyed. After a moment, he reluctantly released her and she quickly found her balance. She smiled meekly while stepping away from him. He continued to watch her as she turned her back to him. She felt his eyes boring into the back of her head and she began to fidget nervously.

The elevator chimed, the doors parted and the group flooded out into a hall. She cocked her head, regaining her composure and followed suit. Muffled music and chattering could be heard, slowly growing louder as they neared a set of large double doors. Yet, she could not seem to tear her focus from the steady footsteps close behind her. She pondered the man's intentions and reasoning behind his silence. Her thoughts were soon interrupted when the doors were pushed open, immersing the hall with sound. The attendees filed into the room. She took notice that none of them held the door open for one another. Shaking her head, she mentally scolded there rudeness.

Everyone before her had gone through the doors and her view was no longer obstructed. She froze and her jaw fell as she took in the energetic scene.
♠ ♠ ♠
This took a little while to write. I keep proof reading and changing sentences around :P
More story/character building. In the next part, you'll get a greater sense of her personality.