Status: Active

Daughter of A Rockstar

Ugh, School

We got home two days ago so that means I have school today. I got up and headed for the shower. After I got out I brushed my teeth and washed my face and walked to my closet in just a towel. I decided on some black with pin striped shorts and a ‘Syn’ shirt I got for my 12th birthday that Mel tore up for me. My dad got a shirt similar for his 24 birthday too but his wasn't exactly tore or anything. I walked to my bathroom to put on some eyeliner and dark purple eye shadow to give my eyes a smokey effect. I love Kimmy for teaching me how to do my make up. She's amazing at it. I headed back into my room and threw on my black flip flops and grabbed my black bag. Once I rechecked myself in the mirror giving myself approval I walked downstairs to see my dad watching TV in his pants but no shirt no.
“What are you doing up?” I asked him with a weird look on my face. My dad doesn’t take me to school. Usually Mel does because my dad's lazy ass can’t wake up that early. He just gave me a shrug though. Just as I was going to open my mouth to call him weird, I heard a knock at the door indicating that Kimmy was here. I walked to the door and opened it to indeed reveal a ginning Kimmy.
“Hey sweets, you ready?” She grinned at me and pulling me into a tight hug. I let out a chuckle on how energetic and crazy she can be this early in the morning or even at anytime in the day! Once she released me i headed back inside real quick to see my dad.
“Bye daddy” I told him and bent over hugging him.
“Bye baby” he grumbled and kissed my cheek then let go. Mornings aren't his thing. I waved and then walked back out the door. Once we got in Kimmy’s car she sped off, literally. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to go 55 in a residential area. Kimmy managed to turn a 15 minute drive to school into practically 7.
“Ok kiddo, you ready?” Kimmy asked me with that grin still playing on her face. I took a deep breath and gave her a nod. We got out the car and started walking towards the front of school together. Out of nowhere, I felt someone jump on my back. I turned and saw one of my best friends.
“Lindsay” I yelled as we both yelled in sync and we both embraced each other in a huge hug. In the midst of out hug I felt more pressure all around us and opened my eyes to notice the rest of my friends joining us.
“Ok baby Syn, let’s go” Kimmy urged then leading me into the main office. As soon as we walked in I kinda hid behind Kimmy as she went to the secretary lady, Linda.
“Hi, I’m here to check in my friend’s daughter” Kimmy told Linda with her signature smile.
“I’m sorry but a parent or legal guardian has to be here to do it” Linda glared looking Kimmy up and down. Linda's such a bitch. No one likes her.
“Oh, do they really. I can’t just do it to get it over with and I will be right out of here” Kimmy pleaded to her.
“I’m sorry ma’am but a guardian must do it for Ms. Haner” Linda said now glaring at me and I just gave a smile in return. I am kind of in here a lot for getting in trouble but I do get away with everything since I am a straight A student. The worst punishment I ever get is a call home and even then I have them call my uncle Brent or my Papa Gates so my dad never has to know.
“How does she know your name?” Kimmy asked with a skeptical look on her face.
“Oh no reason” I said trying to put on my best innocent face but I guess it didn’t work because Kimmy started laughing.
“Sure kidd” Kimmy replied in a sarcastic tone giving out a giggle after. Maybe I can have them start calling Kimmy too but then again she's not on my emergency contact list.
“So what should we do?” Kimmy asked plopping down next to me in a seat.
“Call my dad, I guess. The bell should ring soon so yea” I replied just staring off at some random poter in the office. I took out my cell phone and walked out the office to see bunch of students in the front trying to socialize before the bell rang for class. I opened my phone and called my dad.
“Hello” I heard someone say.
“Zacky put my dad on the phone” I groaned knowing he wasn't just going to hand the phone over.
“Don’t you want to talk to me” Zacky asked in an overly exaggerated hurt tone.
“No” I stated bluntly not really wanting to deal with him right now.
“Fine be that way”
“Hey baby girl” I heard my dad coo into the phone.
“Hey dad can you come down to the school after 7:40?” I asked him after thinking about what time the bell rings.
“Yea but why?”
“Cuz a parent has to check me in”
“Ok I’ll be there bye love you”
“Thank you and love you too” I sighed and hung up and headed back into the office and sat next to Kimmy.
“He’s coming after the bell” I grumbled and she nodded and sunk into her seat. For some reason I have a feeling things aren't going to run so smooth...
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sooo sorry that I haven't updated in a bit! I've been real busy with school ending around the corner and I'm switching rooms in my house. Its all pretty hectic. I know this chapter isn't much but just a filler for you guys. I'll try my best to get the next part out later today because I probably can't tomorrow. thanksss. Leave me love :)