Status: Updates Are Irregular

Suffering Alone In Silence

Change

Frank’s POV

Gerard walked me back to my room. I decided to sit in the chair by the window. Gerard went and got another chair, pulling it up next to mine. I gazed out at the afternoon sunshine.

“It’s starting to get cold outside. Autumn is almost over.” Gerard says.

“The world looks so pretty.” I say not really paying attention to anything in particular.

“Frankie, can you look at me for a minute?” He asks.

I pull my gaze away from the window and focus on Gerard. He notices that he has my complete undivided attention.

“Frankie, you’re going to spend a couple of days on another floor.” He says carefully.

“I know you’re happy and that’s a good thing, but we’re not entirely sure how it’s happened. We want to monitor you for a while. Is that okay with you?” He asks.

“What do you mean by ‘we’?” I ask.

“Another person like me will be helping me. Her name is Mel.” He reasons.

“Okay.” I say.
He smiles at me, but it seems off. I turn and go back to gazing out the window. Gerard sits there with me for a while. He watches me, analysing every move I make. I sit and listen to everything. I listen for the birds chirping and the people walking outside my door. I am in my own happy place. I vaguely listen as Gerard gets up and greets someone at my door.

A hand is suddenly on my shoulder. I jump in fright.

“Sorry Frankie, it’s time to go.” He says.

I calm my racing heart and get up from my chair. I move to my drawers and pull out some clothes. I pack them into a plastic bag.

“Ready.” I say.

“C’mon then,” Gerard smiles at me ounce again and we leave my room.

We walk down the end of the corridor and past the sign in desk with all the nurses, and get into the elevator. Gerard pushes the 6 button and the elevator moves, up or down, I can’t really tell.

A few moments later and we arrive at our destination. We walk out and over to the front desk.

“Hey, you must be Gerard.” A girl greets Gerard.

“That I am, are you Mel?” He asks.

“Sure am!” She states, with a large smile.

I analyse her. She isn’t very tall, only about 5’6. She has Black hair, with bright strips of pink, blue and purple. It sits just above her shoulders. Her eyes are the most intense shade of green I have ever seen.

“You must be Frank?” She greets me.

“Hi,” I mumble, giving her a smile.

“Well let’s get you settled,” She says to me, and then turns to Gerard.

“We’ll talk business and stats later on.”
♠ ♠ ♠
It's bad, I know. I just had to put this in though. I aim to have another chapter up between now and tomorrow.

Comments are luv.
Thanks to those who do comment.

Lurv TCS