Sequel: Angel Needed

Hero Needed

Counting Stars

Valexander's Point Of View

The stars were brighter than the street lights.

Sigh. What a petty line. There was no reason to be lying on Bat's Hill, no matter how soft the grass is. I was just wasting my time here.I knew I had to find Jose and get my friends back. There was nothing else I could do. I had to save them. I needed to be the hero. No one else could do it but me.

"Why are you such an idiot?"

I didn't need to open my eyes to know it was Ashton. I didn't want to face him. I left him so he'd hate me. So he'd hate a dead man, bot love the body in the coffin. And yet here he was. His words described what I felt.

Why was I being such an idiot? Because I wanted to make everything easier for myself. I didn't consider what everyone else might feel. This was to ease my pain, not theirs. I'm still as selfish as I was before.

"Are you going to pretend i'm not here?"

"No," I whispered breathlessly, still not looking at him. I didn't say anymore. In fact, what could I say? I left when I promised that I wouldn't.

Ashton came over to sit by me. He didn't say anything, just looked up at the sky. In a low voice, he began to sing.

"Hey, I wanna crawl out of my skin
Apologize for all my sins
All the things I should have said to you
Hey, I can't make it go away
Over and over in my brain again
All the things I should have said to you.
"

I remembered that song from a long time ago. Ash and I used to sing it on the way to the park. At the moment, it was the perfect song to sing. I joined in on the chorus.

"Counting stars wishing I was okay
Crashing down was my biggest mistake
I never ever ever meant to hurt you
I only did what I had to
Counting stars again.
"

Ashton stopped singing and looked down at me. It started raining in that moment. No, it wasn't rain. Ashton's tears were falling onto my face. I think that was the most heartbreaking moment in my entire life.

I took him into my arms and laid him down next to me. He shook and sobbed until he got it all out of his system. I couldn't believe he found me. But I was so glad he did.

Under the stars, I whispered, "I'd name a star after you. I promise I will. For your birthday."

"If we survive this," he whispered back.

Yeah...if we survived...
♠ ♠ ♠
If you haven't listened to Counting Stars by Sugarclut, then you really need to. Tell me if you like the song.

So you might have saw the sequel up there, I won't be starting this until I finish this, which will be really soon. Don't think you know what's going to happen once you read the summery for Angel Needed. Trust me, loves, you wont.

Sorry for the shortness. I wanted to get something out before I write...um..something you might enjoy. I'm glad I have so many followers! You guys make me happy to be a writer!