Sequel: Angel Needed

Hero Needed

Round Up

Rex's Point Of View

Blair was sitting on the couch, legs crossed, his feet tapping the floor impatiently. He kept running a hand through his black hair and tugging at the stands. Reilly was next to him, a tire expression on her face. She was nibbling lazily at the pizza we had ordered. She didn't have much an appetite and neither did I. I kept worrying about Ash and Valex.

"We shouldn't have let them go along," Blair stated the obvious. "Now we are stuck here, wonder and waiting until it eats us alive."

I whipped my head in his direction and glared at him. "YOU don't have to be here," I growled. "You were going to leave! Why don't you? I'm sure you just want to leave and save yourself."

"I'm here because my brother is there," Blair growled back. "So shut the fuck up and leave me alone."

I knew I shouldn't have said what I said but I was angry. How could he even think about leaving? How could he even mention it? Did he have any compassion?

"You didn't care about him earlier," I shot back. "You're his older brother! You should have taken care of him! It should be you over there instead of him!"

Blair jumped off the couch and approached me. I leaned away from the wall and went nose to nose with him. I was not afraid of Blair. He couldn't do anything to me. I wasn't weak. I could take him!

"Stop," Blair shouted. "STOP! Don't tell me things I already know! I hate myself for doing this! For leaving him! I should be out there risking my life! I was frightened! If you knew what he was capable of, I would too!"

"Well I'm glad you know that," I snapped and stalked into th kitchen.

"Don't walk away from me," Blair hissed. "I am NOT done with you! You don't feel bad enough!"

Blair turned, grabbed my hand, and yanked me towards him. Within seconds his lips were pressed against mine. For a moment I did not know what to do but then instinct took over me. I pushed him back against the counter and licked his lips. I was on the tip of my toes to try to reach Blair. He was so much taller than me. Blair stooped down a little lower and framed my face with his hands. I dug my hands into his arm and tried to deepen the kiss. Instead, he pulled away and grinned.

"Eager, aren't you?"

I pushed away from him and wiped my mouth with my sleeve, half trying to hide my blush. That idiot! I hate him! I always will! He may be one fine piece of man hunk but he was irritating! Completely annoying!

Blair grabbed his fur lined coat from the back of one of the chair and shrugged it on. He fastened the buttons and headed for the door without saying anything.

"Where are you going," I asked harshly. I cannot believe he was leaving now! After all he said! Ugh! I hate him even more now!

"He glanced back at me over his shoulder and gave me a sad smile. "To kill him," he replied and gracefully walked out the door.

I ran back into the living room where Reilly was sitting. She looked up at me with tear streaked eyes, questioning why I was in such a hurry. I grabbed our coats and pulled her to her feet.

"Where are you taking me," she asked softly.

I covered her with the coat and pointed through the window at the rainy night that had just enough light from the moon to allow us to see Blair's shadowy figure.

"Every hero needs a sidekick."
♠ ♠ ♠
....I don't even have an excuse this time! D: