Sequel: I'll Never Let You Go
Status: Fini :)

Something More

Deceiving

I ran a hand through my wavy hair as I thought about what had just happened. Zack's smell still lingered in my room, it wasn't hard to be around it when he was actually here. But after he left, venom was the only thing flowing through me.

"Scarlet?" I snapped my head towards my door frame and there stood a somber Alice.

"Yeah?" I asked, shifting my body so I was facing my door.

"Do you, uh, do you know anything about Zack's home life?" She asked folding her hands together and leaning unto the frame. I ran a hand through my hair and shook my head.

"Not really, I just know he lives with his parents." Alice nodded her head, her black-ish brown hair bouncy slightly. I bit my lip and looked around the room trying to figure out what she was talking about.

"Well, it's not my place to say anything, but I suggest you talk soon." Alice's melodic voice carried throughout my room like it had an echo.

"Wha-"

"Just... talk to him. He really needs it." Alice walked abruptly from my room and left me there in shock. What the hell was she talking about? I had to see for myself because God only knows how long until they talk to me about it. I ran downstairs, grabbing my shoes and slipping them on, before running out to my car. What had Alice seen? What was Zack not telling me? Concern for Zack was the only thing on my mind.

Image

The tires squealed as I took a sharp turn way too fast.

Slow down. I thought to myself. I took a deep breath and slowed my car down to about 20 miles an hour. Zack's house came into view and I slowly pulled up to the house. I could almost perfectly hear the conversation, well the very intense and heated argument coming from inside.

"Dammit Beck! He's your son!" A woman, who I presume would be Zack's mom, yelled.

"Shut the fuck up, Kaitlin!" Beck, well I'm guessing Beck, screamed.

"NO!" Kaitlin yelled. "Beck, Zack is your child, our ONLY child. He deserves your attention. But I guess since he decided that he wanted nothing to do with your damn practice you disowned him. Huh? Then again, since you started sleeping with those bimbos you haven't cared about anything, have you Beck. Huh, Beck!?" Kaitlin's outburst was met with what sounded like a sharp slap across the face. Wait... did he just...oh shit.

"You asshole!" She cried, a sobbing coming from her throat. Is this really what Zack dealt with everyday? I felt like a knot was forming in the spot where my stomach should of been and a lump in my throat. It's funny how even in real life nice houses with a simple picket fence out front can look so... deceiving.

I slowly made my way towards the rather big, grey and black two story house; wondering if Zack was even home or if I should just try to see if his window is open. Hey, works for Edward. But I decided that the door would be more appropriate. The yelling had halted for a moment as I walked up to the door and knocked. I heard someone sigh on the other side and stomp towards the door.

"What!?" Beck, I'm guessing, asked rather harsh and in a pissed off tone.

I retreated a little but quickly regained my composure. "Is Zack home?" I asked as nicely as I could without being a bitch.

Beck scoffed. "What the hell does a Cullen kid want with my son?" He asked in disbelief of Zack.

"Well," I started, crossing my arms over my chest. "Your son is my boyfriend. So, you can either stand here, be an even bigger dick and continue to doubt your son. Which I wouldn't, Zack's an amazing guy and you're missing everything. Or you can move, let me see my boyfriend and remove the stick from your ass." Beck looked at me dumbfounded. I smirked, knowing I'd won this time. "Move." I whispered, leaning towards the man that resembled my boyfriend greatly. Beck, who now looked utterly pissed, moved back and I headed up the stairs, guessing that's where Zack's room was.

As I walked up the stairs, I could hear the faint sound of humming and a guitar gently being plucked. I smiled, knowing Zack was the one doing this. I rushed towards the sound and stopped in front of the door that had stickers and signs on it; indicating that it was in fact Zack's room. I swallowed the venom that had been gathering in my mouth since I smirked at Beck and knocked on the door.

Zack set his guitar down and I heard him shuffle to his door.

"Ye-" He stopped mid sentence as he noticed that I was the one standing outside his door. "Scarlet?" he asked, shock and fear written all over his face. I nodded and he opened his door more, so I could walk in. I did and stopped once I was a few steps in. Zack shut his door and wrapped his arms around my waist, making the venom instantly stop once again. I smiled, loving this feeling while I had it.

"Why are you here?" He whispered in my ear. I felt shivers run down my back and they weren't bad either.

I turned to face him. "Because Alice said I needed to." I said in all honesty. "She said you weren't telling me something that was very important." I looked down, knowing that I shouldn't have come. I was too attached already.GAH!

"Did she tell you exactly what I was keeping from you?" He asked, his voice low, so no one but me could hear. His voice and body were both tense, extremely tense. I shook my head, not wanting to ruin this anymore. He nodded and loosened up a bit. I could sense the tension in his back and I just decided that I should let him be.

"I'm sorry, Zack." I hurriedly let go of him, causing him to let go of me as well and ran out the door. I jogged down the stairs and went straight outside towards my car. Beck was leaning up against the hood, his feet on the grass.

"Well, well, well, Miss Cullen. You don't look too happy." He smirked, a certain smugness in his tone of voice. I rolled my eyes and walked to the driver's side.

"You know, my son's too good for girls like you." I immediately pulled the key from the keyhole and looked up at Beck, glaring daggers.

"Girls like me?" I questioned, a growl forming in my chest. "What the hell do you know about 'girls like me'? Huh, Beck? A girl that could probably kick your ass any day? A girl who doesn't give a shit about people who have no consideration for her? A girl that actually LOVES Zack? Yeah, I'm the worst kind out there." I said the last part sarcastically whilst rolling my eyes. God that man sure is stupid for a lawyer.

Beck's smirk turned into an ugly scowl. "Listen little girl, I don't want you near my son, my house or me. So I suggest you leave." He spat.

"Ha!" I laughed dryly. "What are you gonna do? Call Charlie? He loves me like another daughter." LIE! But he didn't know that.

"I know you want my son for reasons that shouldn't be expressed." He spoke lowly, through clenched teeth.

I almost started laughing hysterically. God this man is just flat out mental. "Look, I love Zack for who he is. I don't want money or sex or whatever the hell your thinking of. So back off Barbie." I opened my car door and jumped in; ignoring Beck's final words that sounded like 'blah blah blah I'm a wife beater.' I put the key in the ignition and sped off towards the house.

I knew Zack and I weren't over, but this stuff with his dad scared me a little; and I didn't know if I could live knowing that Zack might be getting hurt an a daily basis. Or if I had just caused him more pain. But either way...I knew there had to be something more than this life for him. And that's the thing that scares me the most.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

AHH!!!!
Sorry this took longer than i expected...and that it's a little short. :( I ended up rewriting it three times. Stupid computer.
But hey, at least you learned something about Zack and his family. X|

Thanks to everyone who has commented! Subscribed and so forth! lol
i love you all!
And I wanna know what you guys think! :)
♥ kait