Don't Worry, We're Just Pretending

1

Gerard Way's P.O.V.

My cell phone was ringing. Oh, what a nice way to be woke up in the morning.

I looked at my alarm clock wondering what time I was gonna shout at who ever was calling that it wasn’t nice to wake up someone at.

Oops.

Correction: Oh what a nice way to be woke up in the afternoon.

Looks like I won’t be shouting at anyone today because well, 1 p.m. is a pretty acceptable hour to be calling someone.

I grabbed my cell and pressing the green button pressed it to my ear.

“Hello?” I had no idea who was calling – stupid me for not looking at the caller I.D. - so I decided to be at least civilized.

“Hello, is it Gerard Way?”

“Yeah.” I answered puzzled.

“This is James Raley, I don’t know if you remember me?”

“Hum… sorry, who are you?” I asked. So, some random stranger is calling me and I supposedly should know him, but I don’t. I should have shouted at him.

“I’m the casting director of ‘Straddling Dennis’-”

“Oh, I remember you!” I cut him off. Of course I remembered him. He was the tall, slim guy, a redhead with brown eyes and freckles. How could I forget? He’s quite a figure.

Straddling Denis is a movie about a guy named Denis and his journey for love. No need to say it’s another romantic comedy people won’t want to see. But for me it’s work. Well, will be if I get a role.

“Hum, okay, well, I’m just calling to let you know that you got the role. Please come to the studio on Thursday at 1:30 p.m. so we can give you the details and the script.”

“Alright.” I said looking frenetically for something to write that information because I would most likely forget it. Finally I found an old receipt from a random restaurant and a pen that didn’t even have ink but as long as I could as much as see the mark on the paper I would be fine. “I’ll see you there.”

“Sure, have a good day.” He said before I heard a click on the other line.

I threw the phone onto the bed and jumped three times as high as I could.

“Ohmygodohmygodohmygod!” I squealed as I jumped. I need to tell someone.

I jumped into the bed to look for my phone between the mess of my sheets and covers. I spotted it and pressed the button to the speed dial for my brother.

“You’ll never guess!” I said as I hear a noise on the other side of the line.

“You’ll never guess! It’s not Mikey.” Someone said. Someone with a girl’s voice.

“I would have guess just for the whinny voice.” I answered. I heard some noise on the other line.

“What’s up bitch?” I heard my brother say.

“You should ask that to your friend… Who’s she?”

“Just some girl I fucked and I’ll never want to see again.” He answered casually. I could hear her say something. “Give me a second. I’ll call you back.” Sometimes I wonder if he’s just dumb or if he actually does shit on propose. Well, I guess if he didn’t want her to hear him he wouldn’t have said that, but as I said, I don’t know, it might be just him being dumb.

I dove into my bed and shoved my face into the sheets. I was still tired. I was about o drift into another wave of sleep when my cell rang.

Damn Mikey and his timing.

Maybe I should just turn off my cell phone. Well, if yes or not, I might as well pick it up now, as it already woke me up.

“Yellow?”

“Hello again bitch.”

“Hello Mister.” I greeted him. “You’ll never guess!” I said remembering why I had called him in the first place.

“What? No! You’re pregnant?” He faked surprise. No, not because I’m a slut, I’m a man, I can’t have children! Well, maybe I can, but I can’t carry them.

“No…” I trailed off teasingly as I rolled on the bed to gaze at the ceiling. I moved my hands along the sheets feeling its softness, almost caressing them. Caressing unanimated things remembers me of all the times I was told to “make love with the camera”. Even though I think that phase is awfully cliché and over used it seems I’m good at doing so.

No, not as in porn. I do some modeling jobs sometimes. I got to pay the bills somehow and the job at star bucks doesn’t get me anything too good except for the free coffee. Well, okay, it helps paying the bills too, but it’s not a big contributor.

“Then what?”

“Well…” I trailed off, trying to make a little suspense.

“Yes?” I smiled. It worked. It’s weird; the smallest things make me happy.

“Well, you know that movie I auditioned for?”

“The stupid romantic comedy no one will want to see?”

“No one unless you because you’re super hot brother got the fucking role!” I said not hiding my excitement.

“Really?”

“Yes, yes, yes!” I repeated jumping out of bed. “I’m gonna be a star.” I stated calmly.

“Wow…” He said. “Cool.” He said trailing off the ‘o’ for a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I finally got the first chapter done.

If you're wondering about the tittle I decided to look nifty and put short, mysterious titles in other languages, and as, besides English I can't really speak any non-mother language (I'm learning French but I kind of suck at it...) I decided to use my first language.

Enjoy.

This AN kind of feels empty once I don't have any commenters yet.