Don't Worry, We're Just Pretending

2

Frank Iero's P.O.V.

My cell phone woke me up. Damn it, cell phone, why? I rose up from my bed, not daring to open my eyes. I walked to where the sound came from. I collided with my desk. At least I found it. I touched around my desk to find the vibrating thing that woke me up.

I tried to open my eyes, but even the minimal light coming from my phone made me cry. I should have stayed in bed.

Fuck you cell phone.

I opened my eyes again just to see if the person calling was important enough for me to pick it up, or if I could just turn it off and go back to sleep.

It was Jessica my girlfriend.

Well sorry to say, but, fuck you Jessica, you’re not important.

I rejected the call and went back to bed, lying face down and falling asleep again, right away.

I don’t know how long I was asleep for, but I know it was not enough. I knew I should have turned my cell phone off.

I got up again, the exact same way as before, without opening my eyes and bumping into some things that were in my way. I followed the sound of the vibration in the wood of my desk. When I finally got a hold of it I just pressed the button, the green one I hope, – it’s kinda hard to find the right colour when your eyes are closed – and pressed it to my ear.

“Yeah?” I asked into the speaker to whoever was calling. I prepared myself to listen to Jessica talking about how much I shouldn’t ignore her calls but it wasn’t her.

“Hey, Frank.” It was my manager, Brian. “Were you asleep?” He asked.

Brian was a really cool guy. Sweet even. He actually cared about people, maybe a little too much, but it was nice having him around. He wasn’t only my manager, he was a friend, almost like the older brother I never had and always wanted. I remember asking my mom for a little brother, but they never got me one. I was probably the only unhappy children on the Christmas morning, the only one that didn’t like what they got because all they really wanted was a baby brother.

“Yeah, I was.” I answered yawning.

“Oh, I’m sorry, want me to let you sleep?” He asked.

“No, no, I’m already up.” I assured. I had a feeling he would feel bad if I told him that I was completely asleep still, my head was starting to hurt and what I wanted more above anything else was to go to sleep.

“Oh, alright, well, I’ve got good news!”

“You do? Tell me!” I told him trying to sound enthusiastic. It’s hard when you’re half asleep.

“Well, you know that movie you auditioned for?”

“Which one?”

“Something about straddling… To be honest I can’t remember…” He admitted.

“I think I know which one, but yeah, I can’t remember the name either.”

“Well, anyways… you got the lead role.” He informed me. I opened my eyes and shook my head. Did I hear correctly?

“Really?”

“Yeah! Congrats!” He exclaimed. “Well, I’ve got to go. I’ll talk to you later.”

“Bye.” I said hanging up and putting the cell phone back on its original place. I lay down on the bed and closed my eyes. If I could I would hug my bed right now.

I turned around trying to find the right position to sleep in. When I finally got it my cell phone rang again.

“Oh, no way.” I told myself and turned around putting my pillow above my head, but the most it rang the louder it got. I got up violently and threw my pillow on the ground. I took the cell phone on my hand while deciding if I should pick it up or just through it out the window.

I looked at the screen. It was Jessica again. I pressed the green button forcefully and slapped the phone on my ear.

“What now?” I asked.

“Hey honey? What’s up?” She asked. I took a deep breath.

“Are you calling to tell me anything important?” I asked her. She better say yes.

“Hum… no… I guess not, I just wanted to see how you were doing?”

“Me? I’m doing great, now with all due respect fuck off because I need to sleep!” I shouted into the phone and hanged up. I wasn’t thinking about the consequences of this at the moment, I was just fucking desperate to go to sleep.

I put the cell phone on the desk again and walked to my bed, but stopped before lying down.

I’m not gonna make the same mistake this time.

I walked back to my desk and turned off the phone. I went back to bed and laid down.

“Now this is it.” I told myself smiling. Finally.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm out of things to say. (Enjoy, it doesn't happens often.)

Thanks to:

morbid.beauty
Annalia
mcrsavedmylastlife
BlackNail
MCR_FOR_LIFE
Pull The Trigger.