Don't Worry, We're Just Pretending

5

Gerard Way’s P.O.V.

I lost track of time while hanging out with my brother so I ended up getting there a little late.

It wasn’t until I saw the guy that was gonna play the lead role that I noticed he was in the bus with me the whole time. It’s a little embarrassing. When I saw him get in the building the though didn’t even cross my mind.

They lead us to a small room. There were about 6 people plus the guy from the bus that was just now sitting down. There were two rows of chairs and in the front was a man that by the looks of it, I had just interrupted with my presence. I feel so important.

“Uh… Sorry I’m late.”

“It’s fine. Just sit down. We were about to start.” He said. Followed by an hour of boring talk about the movie. I kind of zoned out until the last part.

“…so be here, tomorrow at eight in the morning. You can go after you get the script.” That’s all I heard of the boring ass speech, and that’s because it was a boring ass speech. I got up after being given the script, intending to leave the fastest I could, but when I was leaving I saw the guy from the bus still sitting there, looking into space, looking kind of bad. I’m not sure what I mean by bad, I just know he was bad in some sense.

“Hey, pssst.” I called waving a hand in front of his face.

“Ah. Yes?” He woke up from his day dream with a jump.

“I was just wondering why you weren’t leaving. You look kind of sad. I was just thinking about how much I couldn’t let you commit suicide by listening to this speech over and over again.” I told him with a straight face. He laughed at the last part. He seemed better now. More awake.

“Thank you. You just saved my life.” He said seriously. I knew he was kidding because you can’t commit suicide by listening to the same thing -doesn’t matter how boring- again and again, but if we were talking about something else a little more possible, there was no way of telling if he was serious or kidding.

I wonder if I should just say you’re welcome and leave or if maybe there I was something else I should be saying. I looked at his face, his serious look still there. I looked down inspecting his bodylanguage. I knew exactly what to say.

“Are you grateful enough to repay me with a coffee?” I might as well try. Apart from the fact that he might not be gay, there are no real reasons for him not to date (or sleep with, whatever floats his boat) me.

“Well… I…don’t… maybe-” I cut off his no sensed babbling.

“Aw, don’t be cheap. It’s your life we’re talking about.” I said, trying to convince him. The most I could sense he will say no the more I want him. And I seriously hate not getting what I want.

“Ah, you’re right. Brian can wait can’t he?” He said the last part more to himself while getting up. He walked out of the room and I followed him a little confused.

“Brian?” I finally asked. He stopped walking and looked at me.

“Hu?” He asked. “Oh, my manager.” He said and kept walking. Soon we were back to the white hallway that leads to the entrance “There used to be a starbucks near here, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to find it.” He told me stopping in front of the glass door to pull it open.

“You don’t think you’ll be able to find it?” I asked him curiously. If he doesn’t know where it is how the fuck does he knows it’s near here?

“I used to come near here with my girlfriend you see? But I’ve never really been to this part of town, just really near.” He explained.

“Oh, I see. Girlfriend you say?” I asked as we walked into that little street called Emerald Edge some nice old lady pointed me into. He stopped abruptly and looked at me.

“Do I look gay?” He asked. He sounded like he was genuinely confused.

“No. You’re cute, I was just wondering.” I told him.

“So I don’t look gay?”

“No…? Why?” I asked raising one eyebrow.

“Just wondering. Don’t you like… have a gaydar or something?” I laughed at him.

“Or something. Doesn’t work most of the time. Sorry.”

“It would be too easy wouldn’t it?” I smiled at him and nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ah... If you find my inspiration for this story please return it to me. Thanks.

This is getting really hard to write for now. I'll be writing all that I can but don't be mad if the chapters suck. When the inspiration gets back they'll get better.

Thanks to:

Annalia
schizophrenic love
Lotte_music
Jey
HumbleKing9802