Internal Watch

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

<><><><> Bellen’s POV <><><><>

I watches as they places a sheet over my body, and wrote down things on a paper. My time of death was 12:24 P.M. the same time I was born twenty-two years ago. Kind of ironic to me. I was dead. Many things were going through my mind as I thought of this. Who was going to break the news to my parents? Who was going to take care of Chester, my pure breed husky? Who was going to tell Michelle that I was no longer working for her?, not that I mind, and who was going to tell my best friend Kori?

I sighed as I floated/walked over to my watch which the life guard had set down next to my bag. The glass was cracked and it was stopped on the time of 12:24 P.M. I laughed and notices that they were closing down the pool for the rest of the week because die. I looked around until I spotted the life guard with his head in his hands. I walked over and sat down next to him.

<><><><> Alex’s POV <><><><>

I rubbed my face roughly as I stared at the blood filled pool. The paramedics told me that I did a great job at trying to save her, but she was mainly gone when she stopped flailing around in the water. They think that her brain swelled up from the impact from hitting her head on the side of the pool.

“Fuck….” I said into my hands and stood up. I as off of work or the rest of the week because they had to drain and scrub the lining of the pool to get rid of the blood. I walked out and got into my car. I drove around for a few hours before returning home. It was now sinking in that someone had died, on my watch. I punched the wall, thinking of what I was going to say to my manager.

“Sorry sir, but in my defense the paramedics said she was basically already a goner.” yeah that would go over well. I looked at the picture I had set down this morning, and then picked it up. I notices that this ‘BMX’ girl looked a lot like Emma.

“Hey Em, I lost someone today on the job. She looked a lot like you. God I wish you were still here.” I said as I stared at the picture. I sighed and set the picture down, and turned around. I let out a scream as I saw the ‘BMX’ girl standing there.

“What the fuck! You’re dead!” I yelled and backed away.

“What, you can see me?” she asked me.

“Holy hell, I must be dreaming because I know that you’re dead. They even called a time of death on you.” I said and she nodded.

“Listen. I’m dead. You can see me. You have to help me.” she said and I nodded still believing that it was just a dream.

“…..Okay?” I said more as a question than an actual answer.

<><><><>Bellen’s POV <><><><>

I looked around the house as I heard him talking to the picture. I was hoping that he would be able to see me, and help me. I walked down the staird, and into the kitchen where he was talking to the picture. He turned around and screamed, I’m guessing because he could see me.

“What the fuck! You’re dead!” he yelled and backed away.

“Wait you can see me?” I asked him hoping that the answer was yes.

“Holy hell, I must be dreaming, because I know that you’re dead. They even called a time of death on you.” he said, and I nodded at how he was pointing out the obvious.

“Listen. I’m dead. You can see me. You have to help me.” I said and he nodded.

“…..Okay?” he said but I had a feeling that I was more like a question than an actual answer.

“So I have this dog back at my house, and his name is Chester. I was hoping that you would maybe take him in?” I asked and sat down on the counter.

“What kind of dog?” he asked and I smiled.

“Pure breed husky.” I simply stated and watched as he smiled.

“I used to have one when I was a little kid, but it ran away.” he said and I nodded hoping that this would mean that he would take Chester in.

“I guess I’ll take him in. I miss Icky.” he said and grabbed his keys.

“Who?” I asked and followed after him.

“Icabod. I used to call him Icky before he ran away.” he said and started his car.

“Oh… the key is under the flower pot.” I said as we drove to my house. Aside from me telling him where to turn we were silent the whole way to my house. I watched as he took they key and unlocked the door, and heard Chester come running towards it. He wined when he didn’t see me, but walked over and sniffed him anyway.

“Can he see you?” he asked me, and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I’m not sure. Chester, come here boy.” I said and clapped my hands together, but no sound was emitted from the contact of my hands. Chester’s ears perked up as he looked around.

“I think that he can hear me, but he can’t see me.” I said and moved my hand over his fur only to have him shake.

“Anything else that you want me to bring with me?” he asked as I walked around. I went up the stairs and into my bedroom, with Alex following me.

“My grandmother’s wedding ring. It’s in my jewelry box underneath the bottom of the last drawer in the purple velvet box.” I said and watched him open up the last drawer as I sat on my bed. I heard the familiar ’snap’ of the box and heard him chuckle.

“What? Why are you laughing?” I asked and walked over to him.

“Nothing. I just like how protective you are over that ring.” he said and slipped it back into the box and into his pocket before hooking Chester’s leash to his collar and walking downstairs. He turned off the kitchen light, and turned around to face me.

“Anything else?” he asked me and I shook my head.

“Nope, just the ring and Chester.” I said and walked over to the door and waited for him to come over and lock the door.

<><><><> Alex’s POV <><><><>

<><><><> The Next Morning <><><><>

I woke up the next morning to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. I walked into the bathroom, took my shower, and did my business and morning routine before I walked downstairs into the kitchen clad in only my boxers. I saw the dog first and then the ‘BMX’ girl.

“Holy hell, I thought that it was a dream!” I yelled right before I blacked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
please comment. i would really appreciate the feed back even if it is telling me you dont like it, but if you do please tell me why