Sequel: Sacrifice
Status: Complete!

Angel Warrior

ch. 11

Image

Hunter paced outside the gates of Heaven since he wasn’t allowed in, St. Peter watching the demon from his desk.

“Would you quit? You’re making me nervous.”

Hunter glared at Peter, but continued to pace.

Hunter didn’t care if he made the Saint nervous; all he cared about was Caley.

As he turned once again he couldn’t help but to think about how he failed her.

He should have been the one to fight Lucifer. It should be him on the brink of death, not her.

Not his Angel.

When the gates swung open Hunter felt his apprehension grow higher as Fallah ran out, the Lord’s mighty lion following behind her.

Giving Fallah a pat before she moved on to Dray who was by St. Peter, Hunter watched as the lion sat before him.

Hunter couldn’t wait any longer, “How is she?”

The lion sighed, “She is well. Once again within God’s healing light.”

Hunter’s hopes lifted, “Can I see her?”

The lion slowly shook his large head, “That would not be wise.”

“Because I’m a demon? She could come out here. Or you could tie me up, have guards on me… I don’t care. I just need to see her, please.”

The lion sighed, “I wish I could, Hunter, but she does not remember.”

Hunter swallowed, “What?”

“She died,” the lion said softly, “I had to revive her, pull her back from death. She does not remember her mission in Hell, fighting Lucifer, or even you, Hunter.”

Hunter shook his head, “But…”

“It is over, demon. It would be best if you returned to Hell. Do as we discussed, give the souls sent there a chance to set things right again. Show them the way to the Lord.”

The lion stood, “Give them the second chance that your father wouldn’t.”

Turning from Hunter the lion walked back through the gates of Heaven, Fallah following behind him.

Hunter stood in the same spot for a few minutes, staring through the bars into the fog behind the gate.

“I’m sorry.”

St. Peter continues as Hunter turns to him, “I’m sorry that this happened. I had hoped that Caley had found that one thing that made her feel, but it seems that just as she found it it was ripped from her grasp.”

Hunter sighed, “Yeah, I know the feeling.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There is one more chapter...

Hope you liked this one.