Sequel: Sacrifice
Status: Complete!

Angel Warrior

ch. 12

Image

I sat on a cloud high about the Lord’s temple, watching as Gabriel gave the grand tour to a few new angels.

Fallah lay stretched out besides me, enjoying the belly rub I was giving her.

It’s been a year since my Lord informed me of Lucifer’s demise.

The demise I created for him.

I still don’t remember any of it. I don’t remember going to Hell, defeating the devil…

And I don’t remember the demon my Lord calls Hunter.

Sighing I look down as Gabriel introduces the new angels to our Lord, his mighty lion head bowing to his new citizens.

Looking away I leap from the cloud, allowing my wings to carry me away.

I’ve spent most of my time in Heaven since Lucifer’s been gone. Without his plan and power demons haven’t been able to transport to Earth.

Which means I no longer have a job.

Or a reason to exist.

Banking to the left I fly through Heaven, passing clouds and angels who were going on about their peaceful lives.

Caley, I need you at my temple.

Sighing I turn around, heading back the way I came.

Landing at the steps I walk into the temple. Sitting in front of his throne, the Lord in his lion form watched me approach.

“You needed me, my Lord?”

Yes, thank you for coming. I just want to know how you’re feeling. This past year hasn’t been easy.

I shook my head, “No, it hasn’t, and I’m still just as confused as I was when I woke up.”

The lion nodded, Yes, I can see that. Has any of your memory returned?

“No, but the feeling of something missing is getting stronger.”

The Lord was silent for a few seconds, I see, well, I have a new mission for you.

~*~

Hunter stood on a mountain top, looking down at Earth’s vegetation.

Dray leaned against his leg, taking comfort from the loneliness that surrounded them both.

For the past year Hunter has been working hard to recreate Hell. His days and nights were filled with informing the dark souls that they can still go to Heaven as long as they live in Hell sin free for the same amount of time they had lived on Earth while he taught demons how to help the souls accomplish their goals.

It was a slow process, but Hunter was hoping it caught on.

All of a sudden Dray began barking excitedly, knocking Hunter out of his thinking.

Looking up Hunter spotted a blob flying toward them, getting closer and closer.

Smiling Hunter stepped back to allow Fallah to land, laughing as her and Dray began to play.

“What are you doing here, girl?” he asked through a laugh

“She’s with me.”

Spinning around at the voice behind him, Hunter stared in shock.

“Caley?”

~*~

I stared at the man everyone tells me is Hunter.

They tell me that he helped me to defeat Lucifer, that he was the one to beg for my life.

Stepping closer I study him. He doesn’t feel like a demon, doesn’t send darkness and chills down my back.

Stopping right in front of him I continue to stare.

“Caley, is it really you? Do you remember?”

I shook my head, “No, but my Lord wanted me to work with you. He thinks having an angel in Hell will give the souls some hope that he is waiting for them to come home to Heaven.”

He nodded and swallowed, “I see.”

Why does his pain sadden me?

I looked into his dark eyes, “Is it okay? If I come with you, that is.”

He nodded, “Yeah, it’s fine.”

Why does his voice sound so depressed?

As he turns away I reach out and grab his arm, “Wait.”

He turns back to me, “Yes?”

I took a deep breath, “I may not remember everything, but I do know that something is missing, and I think it’s you. I just… I want to get to know you, to see if what I’m feeling is real.”

“What are you feeling?” He sounded hopeful.

“I don’t know, but if there was something between us before, don’t you think there’d still be something now?”

He nodded, remaining silent.

“So… I want to try. I want to see if we belong together or not.”

I looked into his eyes, “I want this hole in my soul filled, and I think you can fill it.”

He smiled, moving so fast I had no time to block his kiss. Not that I’d want to.

But we were pulled apart when a large Hellhound bound between us, Fallah following behind.

Stumbling back when the hound jumped on me I laughed, “He sure is friendly.”

Hunter smiled, “He missed you.”

I look up at Hunter, a smile forming on my lips.

Yeah, that hole’s already filling.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why does it seem like I always end my stories around chapter 11?

Maybe because I can't keep them going for much longer?

Lol, anyways, I'm thinking about a sequel... anyone, besides smirf that is because she's already given me the go for it, have an opinion? Yay? Nay?