Status: in progress

Sewn My Lips Shut

Chapter 10

"Cynthia, what happened?" I pushed her chin gently for her to look at me. The pain in her eyes was unbearable.

"Alex...h-he...." Cynthia bit her lip. "He c-called me an ugly b-bitch and broke up m-me." The tears were just pouring out. I pulled her close to me trying to absorb her pain. Why would he do that? I thought that he would have made her happy. He bitched at me when I said something awful.

"That's not all Andy...." her voice was almost inaudible. "H-he...molested me...." My eyes shot wide open. That asshole has is coming now.

"Cynthia, where are you staying? I want you to go back home and-" Cynthia pushed me away. "What th-"

"I wanted to stay with you. You're pushing me away just like what Alex did. You hate me. You HATE me. You can't stand me anymore. That's why you told me good-bye. I'm a problem in your life. Then I'll just leave you forever so you can live peacefully without me. I'm sorry." She started to walk away. I grabbed her hand and I felt a sting on my left cheek. She slapped me.

"Wait Cynthia, I wanted you to get your things so we can leave together." She froze in her spot. I walked up to her and grabbed her hand once again. "So, where are you staying?"

She walked me to the house she was staying at after i had gotten my things. It was small and very welcoming. I waited outside for her to get her things. When she came out we started walking to anywhere away from this town. I didn't want her to suffer in this town. We walked for hours looking for a new town or city. We arrived in Small Town at 6:00 pm. It was dark out and we needed a place to sleep. We found a motel and rented a room. She fell fast asleep as soon as she lied down on the bed. I needed a job to not only support myself and her, but her baby also. I decided to think about it later and went to sleep.

~three months later~

It's been tough with my jobs. Cynthia works at the local book store and I work in the construction areas. At nights I work at the hotel that we are staying at as a waiter. Cynthia's stomach is showing and it's just beautiful. Although I have two jobs, it still isn't a lot of money for the three of us. I don't wanna have Cynthia work too hard 'cause I'm scared that she might be over stressing the pregnancy. I looked at my watch and it read 10:55. I had to hurry back to the room. I left the diner and went into the elevator. I pushed the 4 button and the doors closed. I kept thinking about Cynthia during the elevator ride. My stomach had created butterflies every time I thought of her name.

Once the doors opened i went down the left hallway and reached our room. I slid in the key and the door unlocked. The door suddenly opened and I saw Cynthia in the doorway. I gave her a small smile and hugged her.

"How was work?" I had asked her when I took off my vest.

"It was okay I guess. No one really showed up today. What about you? Any customers piss you off?" She then giggled. I unbuttoned my shirt and placed it on a chair.

"Surprisingly not a soul upset me. Today was very easy. You should be sleeping." I turned to her and saw that she gave me a disapproving look.

"Andy, I'm not a child. I can stay up as late as I want alright? Stop treating me like I'm four!" Her mood swings were kicking in. I walked up to her and grabbed her hand. I pulled her to the bedroom.

"Would it be better if I went to bed too?" She nodded her head and climbed under the covers. I lied next to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Andy?" I grunted in response. "I...good night." I turned her around.

"Tell me." I watched her bite her lower lip. "Please?" She sighed. My heart pounded against my chest.

"Andy, I...love you." My stomach had butterflies. She loves me. She actually loves me. I pulled her close to me and squeezed her gently.

*-* Cynthia's p.o.v *-*

Andy hugged me after I told him that I love him. When he told me that we were going to runaway together I finally noticed how much he really cares. I never had someone care for me that much. I looked back at the times we spent together and realized that I was in love with him. I was truly in love with him. I wanted him to be mine and only mine. I wanted to be his and only his. Even though the child isn't his I will pretend it is. He completes me.

He pulled back and he had the biggest smile on his face. His eyes were tearing up. I wiped his tears away and smiled back. I just wished that he had feelings towards me. He leaned close to me and i felt his breath on my ear.

"Thanks for making my night." He thought it was a friendship love. I tried to put on my biggest smile. I hugged him and rolled back to the other side.

I silently was fighting back the tears. He doesn't love me. I knew that it was too good to be true. I just had to fall for someone who doesn't share the same feelings as me. I felt his arms wrap around me. It was comforting and causing me pain at the same time. I just have to accept the fact that he doesn't like me. As a friend he does, but anything more is not likely. My eyes started to droop. Within a couple of minutes I finally fell asleep.