Status: in progress

Sewn My Lips Shut

Chapter 5

I heard a faint beeping sound growing louder. I felt my eye lids drag open. I was the only one in the room. I went to get up but I noticed tubes and wires and just sat up. Alex walked in and dropped his milk carton. He ran out of the room and brought a doctor in. The doctor did tests to make sure I was okay.

The doctor took out the clipboard that was on my bed and wrote down results. His eyes widened when he looked at the clipboard.

"Doc-"

"Miss, I have good or bad news, depending on how you take it." I took a deep breath and nodded for him to continue. "You're pregnant." I gasped and I felt the world slip from under me.

"A-are you sure?" my breathing became erratic. He nodded and I broke down crying.

I felt arms wrap around me. I didn't care who it was, all that mattered was that that person was trying to comfort me. I shook in their arms. They whispered into my ear that everything is going to be OK. I know that it wasn't. I'm pregnant at 17. My brother is the father because he was the only guy to fuck me. My mother would probably disown me. Andy probably won't wanna talk to me. I cried harder into the person's arms. I looked up to see Andy holding me. Alex must have left the room with the doctor because I saw their shadows on the tinted window of the door. Andy kissed my forehead and sang quietly in my ear. His sweet voice soothed me and I had become calm.

Andy pulled up a chair to my cot and held my hands. I don't even know if he knows that I'm pregnant with my brother's baby. I don't think I even want him to know. If John found out, there would be a lot of trouble. He would probably want me to get rid of this unborn child. The unborn child that was created by him and me. Not willingly, but by force. The burden that would grow up to know that his uncle is his father. I don't want to put the child through that. Andy kisses my cheek and gives me a small smile to brighten the mood. I then kissed him on his soft lips. My mother walked in and slapped me across the face.

"YOU'RE PREGNANT!??!" she screamed in my face and slapped me once more. "WHO'S THE FATHER HUH?? YOU FUCKING WHORE!!" she went to slap me again, but I never felt it. I looked to see Andy holding my mother's wrist.

"Don't you EVER caller her a whore. EVER! That goes with hitting also!" My mother ripped her hand away, gave me a dirty look, and walked out of the room.

Andy looked at me and saw a big bruise form on my face. Andy lightly touched my bruise and I hissed in pain. Andy pulled me into his arms and apologized. I wrapped my arms around him. I heard someones throat clear and we both looked up to the doctor.

"Miss you have to stay here 'till further notice. We need to make sure that your child-"

"Kill it." I said softly. The doctor just stared at me. "Kill it I said. I don't want it! I'm not ready to have a baby! I'M ONLY 17! I'm in high school. I can't take care of it. Please, just please kill it." The doctor nodded and left the room.

"Why?" I looked at Andy. "Why would you kill your child?"

"Because Andy, the baby was an accident. The baby's father is my brother. I don't want the baby to go through life knowing that." tears started to fill my eyes.

"I thought you didn't believe in abortion." Andy looked away from me.

"You want me to keep it?" Andy nodded. "Why?"

"I don't want someone so innocent to die." He looked into my soul. And I gave in.

Within a few days I was able to go home. My mother didn't want me in the house until I got rid of the baby. I wasn't allowed to be near Alex anymore. My father probably would beat me if he found out. Andy's mother didn't approve, but Andy let me stay with him. I had to get ready for school tomorrow. Andy went to my house to get some of my clothes. I was waiting for him to comeback in his room. I heard his phone ring on his bed. I looked and saw that he had a text message. It was from Angela. I ignored it and looked at the pictures of him and his friends. The phone rang again. I looked at it and saw that she was calling. I sat on his bed and stared at his phone.

Andy walked in and put my clothes on the floor in a box. He grabbed his phone and answered the call. I looked up at him as he walked and talked to Angela. Always saying "no." Who would say no to the popular girl? Who happens to be the prettiest and bitchiest. He hung up and sat next to me. He stared at his phone.

"I'm going to regret this...." I gave him a questioning glance. "I have to hug and kiss Angela tomorrow...."

"Why?" He looked away from his phone.

"So she won't say who the father is." I bit my lip.

"I'm going to go to bed." I laid on his bed with my pajamas on.

Andy laid down next to me and wrapped his arm around me after he took off his shirt. I nuzzled my face into his bare chest. I felt his arm pull me closer. I drifted off to sleep. Dreaming of Andy and I becoming a couple and have kids of our own.