Status: I'll post as long as I get comments. I'll make sure to keep up with "Heaven Help Us" and post regularly

Please Save My Soul

“One last chance to reverse this curse, You stole my heart but I had it first.”

I couldn’t sleep at all, I just laid in bed staring at my ceiling. My mind was latched to my thoughts and it was preventing me from getting any rest. All I could think about were those two words, soul mate. I couldn’t be his, not on that level of extreme, I’m just Frank. I’m not some special guy to anyone, especially Gerard. I tossed and turned all night, his words almost haunting me. I tried not to think about him actually, because I didn’t know if he could read my thoughts. Gerard was a vampire, the walking dead and that didn’t scare me. What did scare me was the possibility of being his ‘mate’, more than that, was the idea of it just being pure lust. I rolled onto my side staring at my alarm clock that almost seemed to mock my lack of sleep. It wasn’t even three in the morning and I was still restless. I ended up pulling on my jeans and shoes, heading downstairs not worried about Mom catching me because she wasn’t home. I opened the door meeting the cool breeze and thought about going back up to get a jacket but I didn’t feel like it. I walked down the dark abandoned moon lit streets, my shoes scuffing against the sidewalk. I breathed in the cold Jersey air looking around at the different houses on my street. I didn’t know where I was going, and I didn’t really care.

A good half hour later I found myself on their street. Their house stood out clear as day amongst the rest which seemed to be shadowed and unimportant. The dark silhouette of Gerard’s car parked on the curb stood out to me the closer I got. My mind began to wander on the thought of vampires, I wondered if they slept, I wondered a lot of things. I slowed down outside their house, I didn’t really know why, but I did. I stood there looking at it, thinking if I came off as some creepy stalker.
“No, not a stalker,” a voice made me scream, but their hand covering my mouth muffled it. My heart raced in my chest as fear engrossed my body.
“Shh calm down, it’s just me,” I recognized the voice this time as Gerard’s. I calmed down and he removed his hand. I turned around shoving his chest.
“What?” he laughed softly.
“You’re a jerk.” I growled.
“What did I do?” he actually sounded clueless.
“You scared the crap outta me.” I shrieked.
“Well you’re the one staring at my house at three in the morning.” there was amusement in his voice.
“Well...shut up,” I groaned acting like a little kid.
“What are you doing out here anyways? It’s dangerous being alone in Jersey, not to mention with vampires around,” the amusement met his eyes. I watched the light from the moon reflect on his teeth as he smiled.
“Well I don’t feel like I’m in any danger.”

“Really now?” I nodded.
“Hey, what are you doing out?” I returned.
“I’m a vampire Frankie. I can’t just go out during daylight and feed.” I tried to imagine him hunched over a lifeless body. Their eyes widened in fear as to what had been the last thing they saw before death. Blood staining his face, his clothes, but I couldn’t create the image in my head. He wasn’t a monster to me, just an indestructible Gerard. He pulled on my shirt leading me towards his house.
“In all honesty, I was going to visit you. When I first went out, I could hear your thoughts almost a mile away. I decided after wards I would go to yours but you were gone.” he lead me around back to a smaller window on the house that almost met the ground. Pushing it open he went through smoothly, I kneeled down looking in.
“Are you coming?” he asked, his figure showing like a darker shadow in his room.
“I’ll fall on my ass,” I groaned.
“No you won’t, I’ll catch you.” I sighed nodding and crawled in. As expected I slipped on my footing and fell fast, landing in his arms.
“Told you,” I stated as he put me down.
“And I told you,” he walked over to his desk and turned on a lamp. I walked around his room, looking at the art he had put up.
“Gee?”
“Yes?”
“I’m sorry about ripping up your sketchbook.” I apologized looking over my shoulder at him.
“It’s ok, I deserved it.” I removed my eyes from his work and walked over to where he was sitting. Looking over his shoulder I saw a comic book and rested my chin on his shoulder.
“Does this bother you?”
“No.” I looked back down at the comic. My nose caught a whiff of something sweet and I forced myself not to sniff. Waiting a few minutes I finally realized it was his hair, it smelled like strawberries, and on him it smelled amazing.
“Thanks.” I shot up.
“Fuck, I need to stop doing that.” I groaned blushing and walked away, I heard him laugh softly and get up from his chair.
“Don’t be embarrassed, I’m sorry. Thoughts are supposed to be private, I just find it hard to not listen.” he pulled me towards him, holding lightly onto my upper arms.
“Put yourself in my shoes, it’s embarrassing like no other.” he just grinned. I groaned dropping my head against his chest. I was taken back by just how warm he was.
“Wait, aren’t you supposed to be like ice?” I picked up my head.
“Frankie, you read too many books and watch too many movies.”
“Well I’m glad you’re not like ice. You’re really warm,” I rested my head back down. He was actually really warm, but the main reason was that I just wanted to be close to him. He giggled wrapping his arms around me.
“Gee?”
“Hm?”
“I like this side of you, it’s a lot better than Mr. Mute.”
“I’ll take that as a compliment then?”
“Please do,” I mumbled closing my eyes. My body was finally feeling tired and I was going to fall asleep standing there, but I didn’t want to pull away.
“You’re getting tired.” he mumbled.
“No I’m not,” I argued.
“Frankie, you can’t fool me when I can hear your heart. You’re tired.” I just groaned.
“What is it?”
“You’re comfy.” I mumbled tightening my hold on him, but his arms left my sides and pulled mine away with ease. He walked me over to his bed and sat down, pulling me with him. I crawled up next to him resting into his side. He wrapped his arm around my waist holding me closer.
“Comfy?” I nodded, my eyelids growing heavier and I gave up letting them fall shut. My mind was still all over the place and that question came swirling back into my thoughts. I wanted to ask him but I was scared of his answer, I was scared of the rejection. I would much rather not know then be crushed.
“You know I can hear all of that right?” his voice was soft. I pried my eyes open, looking at the lamp on the other side.
“I didn’t want you to.” I grumbled closing them and buried into his side even more.
“Well, I know. So ask me, get it off of your mind.” I managed to scoff.
“No thanks.” I sighed, I was content with the way I was now, I didn’t want to ruin it.
“Frankie, just ask.” he pleaded. I didn’t understand why he wanted me to ask so bad.
“No, it’ll only mess things up.” I was being stubborn and he knew it.
“How will you know if you don’t ask?” I would have rolled my eyes if he could see them, but it was too much of an effort. He shifted making me groan in protest, till he was leaning against he wall on one shoulder, with me against him. I could feel his stare on my face.
“Ask me,” his breath hit my lips sending my heart into overdrive.
“I’m afraid to ask.” I replied, afraid to open my eyes and see his. Because the moment I would look into them, it would spill out and I didn’t want that.
“Don’t be.” I opened my eyes, looking into his. The hazel pools that I couldn’t bring myself to look away from.
“Am... am I your soul mate?” it barely made it out, sounding raspy I wanted to sigh in defeat. He had managed to get it out of me. I groaned closing my eyes mad at myself for giving in like that. He said nothing at first, if I had any energy I would have left but I didn’t have any at all. So I sat there in defeat, he moved slightly and I felt a slight pressure at the corner of my lips. It took me a moment to realize it was his lips, but by that time he had pulled away though he still hovered near my ear.
“Yes,” he whispered and I slipped into sleep with a smile on my face and an exulting feeling in my heart.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Who all likes this chapter?

If I get to 32 comments before I log off tonight then I'll post another chapter with some Mikey time ^_^

"Reverse This Curse" by Escape the Fate