It Happens to the Best of People

Get Out of My Head

After deciding to skip lunch, I headed to my next class early. When I walked into class, I saw a bunch of girls whispering amongst themselves. Probably about the latest gossip. I just roll my eyes and tune them out.

“Mya, there you are. We’ve been looking for you everywhere. We have the most amazing thing to tell you.” Claire says as she takes a seat next to me.

“Yeah if this doesn’t cheer you up, then we don’t know what will.” Christy said. I looked up at the both of them and they both had these goofy smiles planted on their faces.

“Okay, what is it?” I said pretending to care.

“THE Aaron Johnson is here at Liberty Academy right now.” Christy squealed. Just what I needed, more talk about him.

“Big deal, someone probably just saw a guy that looks like him.” I said.

“Nope, a girl spotted him walking around campus.” Claire said.

“Seriously, what is your problem, Mya? You are like the biggest Aaron Johnson fan out there. You can’t be that angry at everything going on.” Christy said. I didn’t bother replying back to her statement. I just ignored her. “Really, Mya? You’re going be immature about this?” I looked up at her and didn’t say anything to her. I looked up at the clock and noticed how close it was till class started. All I could here was people talking about the celebrity guest on campus. The harder I tried to ignore it all, the harder it was to tune it out. I just grabbed my stuff and walk out of class as fast as I could. I ignored all the people staring at me and rushed off to my dorm. Once I stepped in, I noticed my mom sitting on one of beds.

“Mom, how did you get in here?” I said closing the door behind me.

“I have my ways.” I mom smirked.

“You picked the lock? Really mom?” I said.

“But that’s beyond the point. We really need to talk about this.”

“Mom, this has nothing to do with you.” I said through gritted. “Just stay out of it. What part of that don’t you understand?”

“Okay, you’re absolutely right. This has nothing to do with me. This is between you and him.”
I turn around and notice Aaron standing behind me. “Mom, I’m not talking to him.”

“Mya, just hear me out please.” Aaron begged. “Please.”

“I’ll just leave you two alone.” My mom smiles, leaving me alone with Aaron. There was an awkward silence for a couple minutes before Aaron managed to speak. “So I bet you’re wondering why I’m back in New York.”

“Not really. I’m more interested in why you’re here at my school.”

“Well, I’m here in New York for the sequel of Kick Ass. And I really wanted to talk to you. To explain things.”

“Aaron there is nothing for you to explain. I get it.”

“No, you don’t. Everything, that happened over the summer…”

“Meant nothing to you. I was just some little fling. You didn’t care about me at all. And to think that I believed everything that you told me. But it was all lies.”

“No it wasn’t. I meant everything I told you. I really do care about you. Just hear me out.”

“Aaron, no. I’m done with this. It’s over. I’m over it. It’s in the past.” I snapped.

“Mya, you know that’s not true.” He said taking a step towards me. “I know that you still have those feelings for me. Everything that we felt over the summer. You know it. And I know it.” I looked up at him and noticed how close he was to me. I tried to push him away but he grabbed my hand and held it for a minute. “Mya, I’m sorry for not telling you. But what was I supposed to say?”

“Maybe the truth.”

“Okay, but how could I tell you the truth? Especially after all that happened between us.”

“It would have been nice for me to know. I mean what if people found out? I don’t need any more problems in my life. I’ve got enough already.” I pushed Aaron away and took a step back. “Aaron you’re wasting your time. Do us both a favor and just go finish filming your little movie and go back to England.”

“How can you forget everything that happened between us? I know I can’t. And I have tried to forget about you these past couple of months. But Mya, you’re all I think about.”

I put my hands up to my head and vigorously shook my head. “Aaron, just stop it. Stop it, stop it, stop it! Just stop with the lies.”

“But Mya I’m not lying. It may be hard to believe considering everything. But it’s true. And I think you know it too.” Aaron, once again took a couple of steps toward me. “You have every right to be mad at me. I get it. I should have told you. But you can’t tell me that all those feelings you had for me are gone. Everything we felt was too real to forget.” He gave me a small smile. I stood there for a minute staring at him, while he continued to move closer and closer to me. I closed my eyes for a minute to avoid making eye contact with him. I wasn’t gonna let him get to me anymore. I refuse.
I heard the door opening and turned around and notice my roommates standing in the door way. Just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah it's been almost a year. But I'm definitely gonna start updating alot more now.