Status: Active

I Will Follow You Into the Dark

Fresh Air

“Wǒ yào shā le nǐmen!” (I’m going to kill you guys!) Svetlanna screamed after hearing about the prank that was pulled on Alik. The poor Russian boy hadn’t a clue who had planned the cruel act that had been played on him, but as soon as Svetlanna was told the tale she knew at once. It angered her, yet her anger puzzled her so she was just so confused with several negative emotions as she hunted down the ginger, twin devils that decided to mess with a boy who did nothing to them. Alik chased after her, trying to calm her down, but Svetlanna’s fury was blocking out any sound trying to reach her and blinding her vision of the proper way to handle things.

“Uspokoĭsya, Svetlanna! Ya uveren, chto eto ne stolʹ bolʹshoĭ, kak vy delaete eto!” (Calm down, Svetlanna! I’m sure it is not as big as you are making it seem!) Alik called behind her, several disgusted and amused glances being tossed in his direction. Behind the two running teenagers followed Ron, Ginny, Hermione, and Harry; all of them trying to reach Svetlanna before she reached the twins because when Svetlanna got angry –which was extremely rare- all hell was loose upon those who caused it.

When Svetlanna reached the seemingly innocent twins, her fists’ were clenched and her jaw was tightened. They glanced from the astronomy book they had been ‘studying’ and smirked when they saw the angered gaze of their other litter sister.

“How may we help you?” Fred asked, standing from the ground and wiping his shirt of the lingering grass. He looked passed Svetlanna’s shoulder and his smirk grew ten times wider when he saw that Alik had gotten the ‘gift’ he had been owled that morning, “What happened to your boyfriend?”

Svetlanna growled and launched for Fred while speaking rapid French/Russian that only a handful of students watching could understand half of. The Beauxbaton girls blushed heavily and covered their mouths in shock to hear such a pleasant looking girl speak like that of a ‘lower classed boy’ and the Durmstrang girls just grinned and whistled as if cheering her on for the words they could hear.

Alik came up behind her and pulled her away from a still grinning Fred, the mess all over his clothes smearing messily onto hers and spreading the scent to everyone around them.

“I think I know what happened,” George joined in, standing from his place below everyone and grinning at his brother.

“Do tell, good sir,” Fred went along with the charade

“I believe some blindingly handsome-“

“-and don’t forget smashingly brilliant-“ Fred interrupted

“-boys owled your lovely Alik a few cursed dung bombs that can be easily cleaned but smelled for days. Along with their bloody brilliant ‘gift’, the boys took the pleasure of stunning him momentarily and allowed Alik to have some ‘quiet’ time in the Forbidden Forest to come at peace with the world around him.”

Svetlanna tried to escape Alik’s grasp and throw a few punches at George as well, but ended up getting the remainder of the dung bomb in her hair. She screamed out of nothing but pure irritation and glared at the boys she had dealt with for so many years, “What has he done to you to deserve any of that? I doubt he even touched a hair on either of your heads.”

George’s eyes darkened a bit when he heard Lanna defending the Russian, but he smile didn’t falter, “But I’m pretty sure he’s done more than touch the hairs on yours. If you find him so bloody interesting, why don’t you both just run off and snog each other for Pete’s sake? Don’t let us ruin your happiness while trying to have fun ourselves.”

“George,” Ginny hissed from behind Alik and Svetlanna

“What?” George shrugged, “I was just being honest.”

Water blurred Svetlanna’s eyes and she finally pulled herself away from Alik. She continued to look at George with disbelief and shook her head, “Well, I think I deserve a little happiness every once and a while. Finally, someone I take a liking to notices me, but you can’t even let me have that, can you?” she ran away, like she did so many times before, and found herself in the bathroom, like she did so many times before. Her sobs and cries filled the air and, in her pitiful state, Lanna ached for release she needed from her blade.

But she couldn’t find it, for she had dropped her bag on the way.

“You really have nothing to cry over,” Myrtle spoke, coming from her stall and floating over Lanna like she usually did, “at least you’re still alive.”

“Buzz off,” Lanna shouted through her sobs, causing Myrtle to whine and sob about how she was being treated exactly the same as her human days. Svetlanna rolled her eyes and buried her face in her robes. She remained in the bathroom for the rest of the day, missing all of her classes since the second, and fading in and out of reality. Svetlanna didn’t understand why she was hurting so bad; she had told herself so many times that she was over her feelings with George, and she really had no explanation as to why she overreacted with the whole Alik situation.

When the time for dinner came along, Svetlanna heard footsteps coming toward her and she opened her eyes to see two pairs of legs standing a few feet away from her head.

“What’s wrong with her?” one of the voices asked

Aurora scoffed and rolled her eyes before kneeling down and pushing Svetlanna, “Not this shit. Even if you are that pissed off about what the twin gits did, you shouldn’t show everyone.”

“Go away,” Svetlanna mumbled

“Fine, but don’t ask for help if you don’t want it,” Aurora hissed, starting to stand but was stopped by Svetlanna’s hand grabbing her wrist. Aurora looked down at the girl with no sympathy in her eyes, but a small hint of curiosity as to what she would do next.

“Is dinner still out?”

Aurora nodded and helped Svetlanna up, “I highly doubt you’ve missed any more than watching your friend, Ron, stuff his mouth with the pot pie. Now hurry or you’ll miss the entire meal.”

Svetlanna nodded and fixed herself up before walking out of the bathroom with Hannah and Aurora behind her. She hadn’t really known the blonde girl, so Svetlanna remained quiet until they reached the Great Hall and she was attacked by Ginny’s arms.

“We’ve been looking for you everywhere,” she whispered to Svetlanna, “where were you?”

“Fresh air,” Lanna lied, “I just needed some air.”

After dinner, Lanna took a long shower and walked out of her room took spend time with Ron and Harry; however, the moment she landed her feet firmly in the common room, Svetlanna heard nothing but Ron and Harry bickering over the Triwizard Tournament.

“You could have at least told me you were going to enter,” Ron whispered, betrayal evident in his voice and his red hair moving behind his head.

Svetlanna took a step closer to the two, but hesitated because she wasn’t sure what to do.

“I didn’t even know, Ron!” Harry bellowed, not keeping his voice down at all, “If I would, trust me, you would have been the first to know.”

“Yeah, and Dumbledore sleeps wearing the Sorting Hat,” Ron snapped, turning around and brushing roughly passed Svetlanna to go up the stairs. Before he passed her, he looked into her eyes and questioned, “how do you think he did it?”

“Honestly, I don’t think he did, Ron,” Svetlanna whispered gently, keeping her voice both gently and firm, “I think something darker h-“

“Right, trust the ‘Great Harry Potter’ before your best friend,” Ron shook his head, “some friend you are.”

Harry and Svetlanna watched Ron run up the stairs and just stood in silence before Harry spoke up to make sure his friends weren’t all against him, “You believe me, don’t you Lanna?”

Svetlanna looked at Harry with a soft, reassuring smile that held hints of sadness, “When it comes to you, Harry, and your life… the only one I can fully trust with information is you.” And with those words spoken, Svetlanna felt the weakened bond between her and Harry mend more than it had in two years.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Thank-you for reading!