The Wind Blows.

-

The wind swept her long blonde hair around her pale face, pinching at her cheeks and turning them a pinkish-red colour. The white knitted tuque hat that covered the top of her head keeping what it could of her wild hair in place. Her mitten covered fingers were laced around a styrofoam cup, the unmistakable 'Starbucks' logo printed across the side of it. The warmth of the liquid inside the cup seeping through it's container and her gloves to her fingertips.

She hated the waiting, it was the worst part. She could take the various months apart with no form of physical contact, she didn't like not being close to him, but she could handle it. But those few hours of waiting for his flight to land, for him to return home - to hold him in her arms again, those were the worst and almost drove her to slight insanity.

She shifted her weight from one foot to the other, she felt uncomfortable and impatient. She'd barely touched the cup of coffee she had firmly grasped in her hands. Her stomach was in knots, and she felt nervous. She didn't know why, she had no reason to be nervous, but she was.

She wasn't sure how long she'd been waiting any more, but it felt like a decade. Her body was shivering from the cold of the autumn air and the heat of the coffee in her hands wasn't providing her with much warmth any more. She sighed, contemplating walking into the airport to meet him and to check if his flight had been delayed or not, but waiting inside the airport had always made her even more anxious and she wasn't sure if she could handle it.

She looked down at the styrofoam cup in her hand, that she hadn't touched since she had bought it. She glanced around in search of the nearest waste basket, spotting one not to far away she pushed herself off the wall she'd been leaning against and began walking towards it.

She dumped the full Starbucks cup into the bin, careful to make sure the lid didn't come off as she tilted it to shove it inside the cylinder metal container. Strong arms wrapped themselves tightly around her waist, startling her for a second, before familiar sandy blonde hair tickled her cheek as a cold nose nuzzled itself deep into her warm neck.

"I've missed you so much," came a mumbled, almost incoherent, sound from the man hugging hers lips. A huge warm smile swept across her lips, resting her head against his; the familiar scent of citrus shampoo filling her nostrils as the wind blew against his messy mop of hair. The butterflies and nerves that had nestled their way into her stomach and had been manifesting there for most of the day disappearing within seconds as relief and pure contentment filled her bones. A small happy sigh escaping her lips.

"I've missed you too."