My Sister's Keeper

Reid's Reaction

The next morning, when the team got to the BAU, Hotch was already there, waiting for them. “Guys meet me in the profiling room. Now.”

The team looked at each other, confused, and then dropped their things and hurried to the room. When they got there, Hotch was standing, and next to him a chair was faced the other way.

“Thank you guys for coming in here this will only take a second. Today we are getting a new member of the team. Normally I would bring her out, introduce her and we’d start our day as usual, but this agent is different.”

“Hotch what’s up? You’ve never been this intense about a new agent before.” Morgan said putting his hands on his hips.

Hotch sighed. “Normally, this would be against regulation, but I think you are able to handle it.” He looked at Reid. “You will be able to handle yourself, right?”

Reid looked very confused at Hotch and the team. “Uh…yeah?”

“Who’s the new agent Hotch?” Emily Prentiss said, getting to the point.

“Wow you guys are impatient.” The chair turned around and each person in the team had a different reaction.

Emily and JJ looked shocked at each other, Garcia whispered “Oh my God”, Morgan laughed and shook his head, while David Rossi looked at Hotch and muttered, “This is going to be interesting.”

However Reid was not as pleased. “Tyler?”

Tyler stood and walked towards him. “Hey bro. Looks like we’re going to be working together.”

Reid stood in silence. “Hotch why would you hire my little sister to become an agent?”

He looked between the both of them. “I thought you could handle this. Was I wrong?” he cocked an eyebrow.

“No. You weren’t wrong. Was he Reid?” Tyler said, coaxing an answer out of her older brother.

“No. I can handle it.” He said and then walked out.

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do that.” Morgan said.

Tyler sighed. “Yeah well get used to it. I’m sure it will be happening a lot.”