Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 14

We were earlier than we thought we were going to be. So to fill in time between signing in and the next lecture we waited in line to speak to one of the heads of the art department. Although me, being the idiot I am, forgot to bring along anything I’ve done art wise.

“Oh, right, I forgot to tell you that would be a good idea. But I have a plan.” Gerard grabbed my wrist, something I was becoming less and less shocked by was how comfortable Gerard was with seeing me outside of school and like touching me and stuff. He pulled me to his car. And opened his trunk. Inside was a couple of notebooks and an A3 sized art bag thing. All of which had my name across the front. He had a lot of my artwork which is at school with him. I was going to ask if he carried them round in his car all the time or if this was a one time thing I had caught him out on. But we were running late so he helped me carry it all through.

The guy said that he thinks I would be a good candidate for the course and make sure my personal statement is amazing. Which it will be if Gee helps. I have faith in him.

Their was one awkward moment though.

When I sat down and introduced myself and then Gee introduced himself, the guy said this.

“It’s always nice to have a supportive boyfriend to come along to these things.”

I didn’t say anything. I want to get into a course so I'll go along with whatever this guy says. But neither did Gee. He smiled along and even replied.

“Well, I want what's best for her.”

This confused me further about Mr. Way. It also let the little part of my brain which holds hope for him to rage for longer and even louder. But it meant that he didn’t mind that thought, this is the thought which confused me. I never know how to interpret what he says and does around me anymore. And I knew I could never bring this up, that would create tension. I'm not a fan of tension.

The rest of the day went smoothly. It was, dare I say it, fun. We both have a sense of humour and have similar interests in comics and music and other such things. We had lunch half way through the day, in between a talk and a tour. During lunch I wanted to bring up the hole being called my boyfriend thing, but I didn’t have the guts.

“So, you liking this place so far?” Gee asked while he ate more of his lunch. I nodded, I had a mouth full of food and didn’t fancy spraying Gerard with crumbs. “I think that this would be a good option to apply for, it’s a good university and they’re asking for reasonable UCAS points. I know you can achieve those targets.” I had almost finished chewing so I kept with the nodding.

“Yeah, its cool, I think this will be my number one choice.”

After all the talks and tours and other open day stuff we could do it was time to leave. And for dinner. The drive back was a little less awkward, we talked about the university which lead to us talking about music and movies. And somehow it all lead back to school Max and James.

“I talked to the head about Max and having him suspended or possibly expelled and because this is his first incident they’re not going to suspend him. But he does have to change forms and he has a very strong warning to stay away from you at all times. He also has detention after school twice this week.” Gerard began to grip the steering wheel a little too much. “If he does find you, even breathe the same air as you I want you to come a find me straight away. You know me, apart from getting coffee I am always in my room. Even if I'm in a class I want you come and get me. Promise me you’ll do that.”

“Ok.”

“Say you promise.”

“I promise I'll come and find you if Max finds me. Now can we stop talking about it, Max is the last person I want to talk about.” I said leaning back into the chair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this one took so long, I had a bit of writers block and I've been busying with exams and school, but its here now and I've finished school so I will be able to write more!