Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 30

When I went round the next day Gerard was up and waiting for me. He was fully dressed, sitting downstairs with a small stack of books. He started working as soon as I got settled.

“Oh, I forgot to give this to your before, but I got you your Christmas present, I got me one too, sort of like a date.” I said pulling an envelope out from my bag. His face lit up a little. We had agreed to exchange presents on a later date, when I revealed the details of our next date.

“Before I open that I am going to run and get you your present.” Gerard said running from the room. I heard him moving around upstairs and he soon reappeared holding a brightly wrapped present, complete with a black ribbon and a black bow. I wondered what it could be. The shape gave nothing away. “Ladies first.” He smiled handing me the present. I smiled opening it, careful not to harm the ribbon or the bow. I lifted the lid from the box inside and found the coat I had mentioned I wanted over a month ago. I think it may have been at the party, I had seen a girl wearing it when we were there. I had no idea he had paid that much attention. I jumped from my seated and gave him a huge hug.

“Thank you,” I said before kissing him on the cheek. Gerard seemed very happy.

“You are very welcome, I remember you saw this one and said you wanted it, so I thought it was the ideal present.” He said kissing me quickly.

“You now,” I gave him the envelope and he opened it, faster than I was able to open mine. His smile grew as soon as he saw it. A ticket to see Weezer live. We both love the band and I knew he would love to see them live. He return the hug, with twice the squeezing. “They’re for a months time, so I know I said I get to plan the next date. But I’m cool with going out before then.”

“Thank you, this may be one of the best Christmas presents anyone has ever given me.”

I gave my friends a call when I got back. We weren’t meeting up anymore, so I hadn’t spoken to any of them in a while. Everyone was ok, everyone wanted everyone to meet up soon and everyone wished me a happy new year. I knew I wouldn’t see them until after school had started, I’m not stupid.

Gerard and I spoke later on that day, he was telling me about his plans for new years eve, he and Mikey were going to a club just outside of town, the type which make a big deal about the holidays where people drink. He asked me what I would be up to and I told him I hadn’t made any plans yet.

“You can come with us if you want?” Gerard offered. I felt guilty intruding on his plans and then there’s the added risks of being seen by a member of staff or a student who knows both of us.

“It’s too risky, Gee, I’ll stay in doors with my good friends vodka and diet coke and we’ll have a great time watching lame movies. I do that nearly every year.”

“I have thought this through you know. First of all, I can’t help it if I’m in the same place as one of my students, especially a club for over eighteens. Lots of eighteen year old students which attend the school I teach at go there. Second of all I want you there. Third of all deep down, Mikey does and fourth of all, you have to come of I will kidnap you and drag you there kicking and screaming.” He made a compelling argument.

“You’ve convinced me.” I said smiling a little. I was looking forwards to new years already and it was only two days away.

“You just have to promise me one thing.” His voice sounded more serious than it had before.

“That depends on what I am promising to do or not do.” I said worrying a little. What could he want me to promise to on new years?

“Not to get drunk, only have like 2 drinks.” I wasn’t sure whether I could promise that.

“I’m not sure Gee. I like alcohol and this is the first year I can legally drink on news years. Everyone else my age and at the club will be drinking. It will be too much temptation to keep drinking. And second, or more like third, once I’ve had one drink and I can get another I find it hard not to.” Alcohol is one of my favourite indulgences, I wasn’t going to give it up on a big night just for my art teacher who I am sort of dating but not officially or anything like that.

“Please, it means a lot to me.”

“Fine, I will limit myself, I may need your help on that though.” I tried to sound a little seductive but I wasn’t sure whether it had worked or not.

“I’ll help you with whatever you may need, love.” On the contrary it appeared to work to some degree.

“I’m going to get some sleep. I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The next few are going to be a bit more exciting and longer. Oh and I saw My Chemical Romance live on Saturday (Gerard looked right at me), it was amazing! Enjoy!