Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 40

“I should be home very soon, where abouts are you?” I hoped she wasn’t on her way yet, she doesn’t live too close to me, so I could say I beat her to my house. I also needed to make sure I had time to do a double check of any kind of stuff which might suggest Gerard has been here before.

“I am at my house still, I’ll see you soon.” She hung up on me and I got to work. I put my phone along with the note I got from Gerard in the restaurant and the Christmas things he got for me in the back of my cupboard underneath a spare pillow I keep there. I couldn’t think of anything else that might be suggestive. Apart from that, unless I scrubbed the house clean, the evidence that Gerard and I are more than personal was out of the way.

I thought about calling Gerard and tell him what was going on but I didn’t want Kayla to catch me on the phone. I wasn’t sure what to do while I waited for her to arrive. I was nervous, I felt like I was about to be interrogated for murder. I ended up watching TV. I was sure that most people in close contact with Kayla had also been given a full run down by now as well. I was shocked none of my other friends hadn’t grilled me about the hole Michael thing by now. I suppose they must be too pissed off or didn’t believe a word of it. The idea that Kayla hadn’t spread it already was off the cards, if Max knew then the rest of my friends must know.

I tried to pay attention to the show I was watching but I couldn’t focus on anything right now. Kayla got to my house just as the adverts started. I turned my TV off and took a deep breath. Kayla is your friend, Kayla is one of your good friends, she just wants a talk, she just wants to make sure everything is ok. I didn’t believe myself all that much. She walked in when I opened the door without speaking to me. I think her main goal was to try and intimidate me so I tell her the truth about what is going on. No matter how much she tried I was never going to tell her the truth.

“Do you think I could have a glass of water?” Kayla asked me as she stood in my front room with a smile. I just wanted to get this over with but I shut up and got her the water, no need to poke a sleeping lion. When I came back with her water I put it on the coffee table and sat down opposite where she was sat. “What was with you eating with Mr. Way today?”

“Like he said he bumped into Michael and I and we got chatting and had lunch.” First question down.

“You know I don’t believe you don’t you,” Kayla said taking a sip from her drink. Why? I am an ok liar with Kayla, have been doing well with lying to her for some time now. “I saw you in his car with that Michael guy when you left.” Likely story. Not.

“I thought you had gone by then, you said-“ she cut me off before I could finish what I was trying to say.

“I never said I was leaving, look there is something going on and if you don’t tell me, one of your closet friends, what it is then I am going to have to start digging a little deeper.” Kayla warned me. “So?”

“I am going to let you think what you want to think Kayla, I know you spread a lot but you only spread what you can back up and anything you do say which are lies,” or the complete truth is she figures out what is going on with Gerard and I, “are never believed.”

“I won’t be saying anything until I can prove it and we will.” With that Kayla left. I had a feeling I wouldn’t be seeing much of her but she would be seeing a lot of me.

I hadn’t decided yet whether or not I thought she was working with Max and James, that would be way too obvious. But it would be likely. She may have hated Max but she always used to ask about James, I thought at points she might like him. She will also doing a lot for a guy who can get her lying down.

I watched her car drive away down the road. I watched out my window until I was sure she was gone before running up to my room. This may not be a run in with Max but it was a scary run in with Kayla and I needed to tell Gerard about it.
♠ ♠ ♠
I came up with an idea for an ending to this story during the week. But it's not near the end yet! If I do end this one the way I think I might then there will be a sequel, would you want a sequel or even read it? Well hop you enjoyed!