Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 43

“What is it then, you said once we were at home you would tell me.” Sometimes I hate the fact that Gerard always seems to be right. “Natalie?” He sounded more like my teacher than ever, even more though than in school. I didn’t want to get into this and I didn’t want to tell him everything, I needed a second to decide what I did want to tell him.

“I’ll make us some coffee,” I said leaving him in the living room on his sofa. Now it’s time to pick and choose the difference between what Gerard wants to know what he needs to know, what he doesn’t know won’t kill him but it might make him mad if he finds out that I hid things from him at a later time.

“Took your time,” Gerard said a little bit sarcastically, I suppose he had a right to be a little annoyed, he could tell I was hiding things. Again. I need to work on that I suppose.

“My parents want to set me up with the son of someone from their work.” I thought it would be best to not beat around the bush and just get it out there. I could leave all the Kayla stuff out until I have a more certain hold on what is going on. Now Mikey is back in the US I can start to break up with his little character before it gets to the staff at school and makes Gee too bad.

I looked at his face to try and gorge his reaction. It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

“Well have fun with your set up then.” He left the room after just one sip of his coffee. I thought this could have gone worse. No shouting, nothing broken. But he didn’t exactly take it well. I sat there for a moment, heard his bedroom door slam. I should have added that I was never intending on meeting this boy. I should work on how I brake this kind of news.

“Gerard,” I knocked on his door listening to him moving around. It sounded as though he was pulling things out of his desk and slamming things around. I tried to open the door but he’d locked it. “Gee, can you just let me finish what I was going to say. You didn’t let me get to the point!”

It went quite for a second but the shuffling around begun again. I thought he was getting this jealousy thing under control and not letting it come between us.

“I’m not going to even meet him Gerard, why would I, I have a perfectly good boyfriend who is ignoring me and probably scribbling in his sketch book right now.” It sounded as though it was working, the shuffling and sounds of scribbling stopped and I heard him walk around a little. The door unlocked but didn’t open. I took this as a sign that I was to go in and convince him some more.

“You’d go for a hole load of reasons,” Gerard said as I sat on his bed next to where he was at his desk.

“Few examples and I’ll put your mind at rest.” Maybe he’ll be more relaxed in the future if I prove all the reasons why he might be jealous are not right.

“It would be a lot simpler to date him than me.” Gerard said focusing on his notebook again, but he wasn’t going as crazy as he was before.

“Since when have I liked everything in my life simple.” Gerard didn’t to respond to that one.

“You might not like me as much as you like to let on.”

“And what gives you that kind of impression.” He just shrugged. I think I was proving that these fears were irrational.

“Come on Gerard, I never considered going to meet him. I can come up with a thousand reasons why for my parents.” He broke his concentration from his sketchbook for a moment before going right back to drawing again. At least he was listening and kind of agreeing with me in his own special way. One or two more things, maybe the promise of coffee and I was home dry. “I’m never going to think about another guy as long as I am with you. How about I take you to starbucks, you can get whatever you want in whatever size you want.” Deal was done. Gerard had his coat before I had made it down the stairs. He didn’t talk much though, not until he had his large coffee with as many extras as they allowed and a big muffin.

“I trust you Natalie, I want you to know that, but you know how I can get. You just have to bear with me, I am working on it.”

Monday came around way to fast. Christmas was over and school was back on. Gerard drove me to school that morning so we could discuss some ground rules.

“No driving together.” Was the first one I suggested.

“What are we doing right now?” Gerard asked. He had a point.

“Apart from today, we don’t want to draw attention to ourselves and by showing up together every day and me never driving Annie anymore, it’s going to draw way to much attention and rumours might start. You get the point.” Gerard agreed with me after that.

“We don’t seek one another unless it is un-relationship related.” Gerard said. I knew what he meant by that, unless Max confronted me. I agreed to his rule.

“No both disappearing from lessons unless it is school work related.”

“So basically we act the way any student and teacher would until the moment we are a safe distance from school.” Gerard pointed out.

“Pretty much, we just don’t want anyone to find out.” I smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
On time for once! Enjoy!