Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 44

“Can’t I just have one last kiss?” Gerard asked. I could hear Madina Lake in my head which made me a giggle a little. “What?”

“Nothing you just reminded me of a song I like.” Gerard rolled his eyes and had just to move from the car so I sat there too.

“Well, kiss or no kiss?” I leaned over and kissed Gerard fast before anyone could look over and see. We were pretty early so no one was around yet. I got out of his car and walked straight to the common room, although I glanced over at Gerard before going inside. I didn’t want to be rude now did I? Gerard did the same before he went through the office, the way all the members of staff get into the building. Gerard winked before he disappeared inside school. I went in the common room with red cheeks, I felt like I had it written across my forehead as I walked passed everyone. I knew about half the people but as I walked towards the door on the other side I felt like I was being watched by them all. Paranoia was coming back strong and I hadn’t even seen Kayla or Max yet.

None of my friends had arrived yet so I sat in the corner with the people who were in my year. It didn’t take them long to ask me about my Christmas.

“Nothing special,” was my lie.

“Come on, normally you always have a good story to tell, something good must have happened. Something worth talking about.” A lot worth talking about happened, when you look at it it’s been the most dramatic Christmas brake of my life and probably the more dramatic than everyone else’s.

“Nope nothing, just a quite little Christmas, I was grounded for most of it.” Lie.

“But I saw you out a couple of times, you were in Starbucks when I drove past on my way to work.” A girl I just about knew in my year said.

“I wasn’t grounded then, I am allowed to get coffee in my spare time.”

“You were with Max, that must have been dramatic and I hear your dating some guy called Michael.” Man this girl was getting annoying, Jaime. One of those people who eat up the rumours, typically her and Kayla get on very well when it comes to the rumours. They’re the main two people who spread the rumours in our year. Maybe in our school. I chose to take the high road and ignore that comment. I just went up to form early. Gerard, I mean, Mr. Way won’t be up there until later on, he told me they have meetings all morning until form since it is the first day back. Although I did want to catch up with my friends, minus Kayla, but that could wait until our free second period.

Everyone filed in after being told to go up to form. Becky asked why I had come up here and not stayed to catch up and chat.

“No one was around and I didn’t want to sit alone in the common room all morning so I came up here for some quiet while I doodled. How was your Christmas?” Becky went off on one filling me in on everything she had done and then went off on one about her new boyfriend.

“I hear you’ve been seeing someone new? Michael?” Yep this was going around faster than I thought. At this rate the staff would know and then Mr. Way would get agitated. Lucky for me I didn’t get time to reply, Mr. Way came in the room. I thought he was going to be the happy guy I left this morning. I thought the only time he was like this was when he had no coffee in his system. But he’d had plenty of coffee and for Gerard he looked like he was going to strangle someone. I was kind of glad I didn’t have art today. He took the register without even looking up in a monotone voice. I wondered how bad these meetings could be. I decided not to find out until after school, we had an agreement after all.

“Well, have you been dating someone new?” Becky asked me as we stood up and gathered our stuff before we left. “Michael or something?”

“Girls, this isn’t the time or place for chit chat, you have A levels to be taking, now get to first period.” I was shocked by the way Mr. Way spoke to both me and Becky. I left with her without either of us saying another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
A bit late, I was at All Time Low last night! Enjoy!