Status: Updates in between Saturday and Sunday GMT time

School Will Never Be the Same

Chapter 54

I couldn’t avoid it anymore. The time had come, time to buy the dreaded dress. My friends had invited me but I had made up some excuse about working or piano class or something that day. Instead I had asked Gerard to come shopping with me. I had left out what the only thing on my shopping list was. Dress.

I’m not a dress girl, I don’t mind skirts, but dresses aren’t something I tend to wear or even own. Unless you count one for when I was a bridesmaid and one I wore to a birthday party since it was on the dress code or something stupid like that.

I wore a skirt out for the shopping trip, since I would be trying dresses on anyway. I even wore boots which had the smallest heel a pair of ankle boots can possibly have. And since I couldn’t find a band t-shirt which seemed to fit with the outfit I was wearing I even ended up wearing a purple tank and cute cardigan combo. I didn’t look like my usual self on a weekend but I did look good, a different side of me. People are allowed to mix up their look every now and then.

Gerard was a little late. I didn’t mind, but it didn’t settle my nerves about today. I was getting jittery about the point when I would have to tell him what we were shopping for. I just needed to relax for now or he would suspect something from the offset.

After a little small talk Gerard drove us to a shopping centre nearby.

“So why did you want to go shopping today?” Gerard asked me. I knew this was the time I should tell him, he had brought up the subject I should just get it over and done with.

“Prom.” I chanced a side glance at Gerard, his facial expression didn’t change and neither did his grip on the steering wheel. He appeared to be ok with it. “Soon all the good stuff will be gone and I’ll have to online shop. I prefer to try on before I buy big stuff like this. But I can go with Annie sometime if you would prefer not to look at dresses all day long.”

“No, I wanna go with you,” he smiled and I relaxed into the seat knowing Gerard wanted to help me with this.

You would think that dress shopping wouldn’t be too difficult, especially for someone who knows what colours they do and do not like and a person who knows what dress shapes fit them well. Only problem is the combination of the two does not exist, it might be the perfect shape but it canary yellow, which is one colour I never touch. Or it’s an amazing shade of dark purple but the dress is some fluffy disaster. Gerard and I were sat in a coffee shop after an hour or three of dress shopping, so far all I had bought was a new mascara, since I had run out and that wasn’t even on the shopping list.

“There’s still seven more shops on our list,” Gerard said stirring his coffee while we waited for our food. “And if they don’t work out there’s plenty of other shops in other malls to look through.”

“You’re so American with your malls,” I sighed. “You’re right but I’m fed up and I just want this over with now. Prom is too much work.” There wasn’t too much chatting as we finished up our lunch, Prom didn’t seem worth anything anymore. Just shopping and a tense relationship. But Gerard had begged me to go.

I was had one more dress to try on in my dressing room. Gerard was the one who had seen it and insisted I try it on. Not that he was allowed inside the girls dressing rooms. He wouldn’t see the dress I choose on me until the night. If this dress doesn’t work then I would have to do a whole other day of shopping some other time.

I ended up buying that last dress, it ended up looking perfect, fitting perfect and didn’t break my bank account.

“So that’s it, we can leave?” Gerard smiled, he seemed happy that all the dress shopping was over. I nodded and we headed back to the car, holding hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next ones Prom and it's going to be a long one so this is a little short! Enjoy!