Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 10

-Some hours later-

Mel was sound asleep as I sat on the floor, staring up at the stars through the window. I hadn't told Mel about the conversation I had with Vic... I had been contemplating whether or not I should tell her at all. My mind wandered to Nick as well as Jake. Jake, well, he was definitely scaring me. He'd never done that to me before. Nick, however, I felt...sad more so upset at myself for the things I said to him... I wanted to apologize or something. I wonder...

I stared at the alarm clock on the table that separated Mel and I's beds. It was 1:10 in the morning. I've got to stop doing this. I was going to mess up my sleeping pattern at this rate.

“I'd better get to bed”, I murmured to myself.

Just as I touched my comforter, however, my phone beeped. It was a text from Nick.

Rose, are you awake?

Quickly grabbing it, I replied back instantly.

Yeah. I had well, have a lot of things on my mind.

I hit the send button, receiving his reply 30 seconds later.

Oh. I didn't disturb you from getting to bed, did I?

That was sweet. He was concerned.

I was going to go to bed, but it's fine, really.

I hit send once more, receiving his response a minute later.

It doesn't feel right for me to say this, but if you say so, then I'll just have to take your word for it. What are you thinking about, anyway?

I thought for a moment trying to think of how to reply back to that.

About that... could we talk about it, if you're not too tired, anyway?

I started to feel a little thirsty all of a sudden. I glanced back down at the clock, it reading 1:20 A.M. Oh, well.

My phone beeped once more.

Sure. Meet me outside.

I almost squealed in delight, but I felt guilty at the same time.

Are you sure you want to listen to my problems?

A minute later, I received his response.

Of course. You need someone to talk to, so I might as well hear you out.

With a goofy smile on my face, I got out of bed, grabbing my key and baby blue slippers, slipping out the door, locking it behind me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Second update for the week! I'd like to dedicate this chapter to my newest reader/commentator clear_mess. :)

So, what did you guys think?

How do you think Nick is going to act around Rose during their talk?

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe. :D