Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 9

Every step toward that gym felt like hell, but I kept my mind focused. I wanted to get this talk over with so Vic can leave me alone, besides the usual, anyway.

Once I reached the double doors, I opened the door closest to my side and entered.

The cold air from the a/c made me shiver. I never could handle temperatures 75 degrees or below.

I spotted Vic at the end of the pool, sitting on its edge. She was dressed in a pink skirt, to my surprise with shorts underneath, a light blue t-shirt that read TOO COOL 4 U in white letters, her light blue and white converses topping the outfit off.

I stood 3 feet from her before speaking, folding my arms across my chest, my eyes examining the room for any special surprises as Vic calls them.

“What do you want, Vic?” I asked in a monotone.

“Is that any way to talk to me? Your twin sister?” she asked in a fake, polite tone.

I rolled my eyes, them resting on her hazel ones.

“Cut the crap already, Vic! You humiliated me earlier in front of everyone just because you were mad that I told Mel everything about you”, I said in a slightly angry tone.

She rolled her eyes this time, standing as well.

“What the fuck is wrong with you? You always shut me out and choose your roommates over me! Why can't you at least try to be like me? We could be the most popular girls in the school, but no. You choose to stay... reserved from everyone. You could have it all, just like I do”, she said, her eyes widening a little as she got excited with every word.

She placed a hand on my shoulder, a gentle, real smile on her lips.

I scoffed, pushing her hand off of me.

“Vic..... you're so pathetic”, I replied, looking at the ground, thinking of her words. She made a proposition, but I already knew my answer.

“I don't want to be like you. Unlike you, I prefer the privacy of my life, my thoughts and my body. I treasure everyone's feelings above my own. I'd rather be happy being alone instead of everyone's center of attention because I don't want it all”, I answered.

“Popularity is everything, Rose. You're just too naive to see it”, Vic countered.

“No, it's not. I-I may not be anything special to you, but I'm glad. I'm Rose, your unknown twin sister that no one cares about. Not everything is about you, Vic”, I concluded, turning on my heel.

Walking a few steps, Vic's voice stopped me.

“Mom wants us to be popular together”, she whispered, but I heard her clearly.

I chewed on the inside of my bottom lip. She hit a nerve, she knew she did.

“Mom understands how different we are, Vic. Don't pull that shit again or I'll never talk to you like this ever again”, I said in a cold tone.

“You know I'm right, Rose! Stop running away from this!” she yelled.

“Running away from what? Your happy-go-lucky world? Well, you know what? I'm sick of you. I'm sick of your bullshit! Mom is going to be fine, so stop using her as an excuse or a way to persuade me to get me to be like you. I. DON'T. WANT. TO. BE. YOU! I NEVER want to be you”, I yelled back at her.

“Fine! FUCK YOU, ROSE! Rot in hell because I'm through with your shit, too! You're acting as though you're the only one who's hurting! She's my mom, too, remember? Stop acting like it only affects you!” she bellowed.

“I don't need this”, I said, turning my back to her as I stormed out of the gym.

Vic decides to start caring after she proposes making me popular to make Mom happy?! What the hell made her think I would be fine with that? Never in a million years.
♠ ♠ ♠
First update for the week! :)

What did you guys think?

Are you surprised at Rose's reaction to Vic? What about Vic's proposition to Rose?

I'm going to try to update everyday this week, so enjoy!

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.Lon3lyangel