Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 18

The bell rung at 4 pm, much later than it usually would since today was on a special schedule.

“So, what should we do now?” Mel asked.

“Well, maybe we should hang out at the lounge and get any of our supplies we'll need from the school store”, Nick suggested.

“Yeah, um, did you guys want to change first?” I asked.

“Definitely. Skirts are nice, but I miss my casual clothes”, Mel replied. “Nick?” she asked.

“Uh.. yeah. Just... could I bring something along?” he asked.

“Sure”, I answered before Mel could ask Nick what it would be.

“OK, so, how much will we need to bring?” he asked.

“I don't know”, I answered honestly.

If we were going to the lounge, school store, and cafeteria to eat dinner together, then we would need roughly-

“Um, $30 or $40 each, I guess”, Mel said with a shrug.

I nodded in agreement. Nick nodded in comprehension.

“Alright, so, we'll meet on the first floor in 10?” I asked, checking the time on my phone.

“Yeah”, Mel agreed.

“Sure, that's fine”, Nick said with a shrug.

“OK, so, let's get going”, I ordered.

We walked to our dorms in silence.

Once Mel and I made it inside our dorm, she spoke.

“OK, so, what was that you said you were going to tell me earlier?” she asked.

I walked to my closet, grabbing a pair of shorts and a green spaghetti-strap tank top.

“My mom...is sick. She's had, like, this cold for about 3 months now and... I feel like...something's going to happen..”, I admitted.

“Rose... is that why you barely mention her? Because you're afraid of losing her?” Mel asked uncertainly.

“Yeah. I told Nick first before I told you, which I'm sorry for”, I replied.

“Don't worry about it, Rose”, Mel answered with a wave of her hand as she grabbed some light blue, denim jeans and a black, sleeveless blouse.

We changed in under two minutes, tossing our skirts and shirts into our respective hampers.

I walked to the sink, grabbing one of my other chap sticks and lip glosses, applying only a little bit on and Mel did the same. I combed my hair and sighed afterward.

“What's wrong?” she asked, grabbing a bottle of baby oil as she began applying some to her legs.

“It's just... Vic. I want to warn Nick, but a part of me thinks that if I have feelings for Nick that I should just let things play out on their own”, I replied.

“Rose, just prepare yourself for whatever happens, OK? That way, you won't end up being as hurt if something does go wrong between you two”, Mel said in a gentle tone.

I nodded, but thought about earlier before Nick and I went back to the cafeteria.. Was Nick going to say something? Why did he look into my eyes like that?

I walked out of the bathroom as Mel did the “finishing touches” to herself, grabbing my phone and key as I sat at my desk pulling out a pen and small notepad.

I dragged my bag closer and pulled out all of the syllabuses I received, writing all of the supplies I'd need. My mind fell on Nick, though. I wanted to tell him. I knew I needed to tell him. I shook my thoughts away and I finished my list.

Mel skimmed her syllabuses also and did the same as I, grabbing my wallet and hers before walking to me.

“Finished?” she asked.

“Yep”, I replied with a sigh.

“You sure you're ready for this?” she asked.

“Yeah”, I said uncertainly.

Mel patted my shoulder before we proceeded out the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you've read chapter 9 of Soul Exposure III, then you already know what I'm going to say now.

I'm going through some family problems right now, so I don't know when I'm going to update this story again besides tomorrow as well as Soul Exposure III.

I'm sorry guys. Until this blows over, I won't be updating anything. I honestly am wondering if I'll even post the new story I have. Ugh.

I'll think about it.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.