Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 17

We walked back to the cafeteria in silence. I told Mel about my heart problems.

“I'm sorry, Rose. It must have been the stress that set it off”, she said sympathetically.

I nodded as she handed me my bag and phone.

“So, what floor is our class on this time?” Nick asked.

“Fourth”, I answered with a yawn.

Mel groaned.

We made it to class 20 minutes early. The classroom was open with no one inside. We entered the room and sat in another group. It was similar to the way Mr. Schick's class was.

About 5 minutes later, Nick went to the bathroom.

“OK, so, don't freak out, but Vic wants Nick”, I told Mel in a whisper.

“What?! But she has Jake AND Brian! Can't she not take any other guys from you for once?” Mel whispered back.

“I don't think so... I don't know what her problem is. Why does she want to take everyone from me?” I asked, burying my face in my hands.

“It's OK, Rose. D-did you tell Nick about this?” she asked nervously.

“What?!” I said in shock. “Why would I?”

“So he'll have a heads-up? I mean, there's something 'there' between you two and you don't need Vic ruining any possible future you two might-”, she rambled, but I burst out laughing.

“What? Hold on-W-what?” I got out.

“You and Nick, duh”, she said in a serious tone.

My laughter soon faded.

“Mel, it's too complicated. Plus, I don't think he needs or even wants someone like me”, I admitted.

“Rose, you don't know that”, she began with uncertainty.

“Yes, I do. I'm nothing, but a math geek who cares more about others than myself. I have a psychotic twin sister who wants me to be lonely and a father who is too dumb to realize she and I can't stand each other and a mother who-”, I stopped talking, feeling tears fill my eyes.

“W-what, Rose? What is it?” she asked.

“N-nothing... I-I'll tell you later”, I replied.

We sat in silence for a minute before Nick returned. More and more students entered class as time moved from 15 minutes left to 10, 5, and finally 1.

Our teacher, my previous Algebra I teacher, Mr. Ashman, entered the room, and followed the same routine as the previous teachers.

4th period rolled around and we were on the 3rd floor again. Mrs. Williams was no joke. She expected a lot of work out of us, even though most of us didn't even choose this class!

I partially zoned out as I thought about Nick and how I would tell him about Vic. I really didn't want to. Maybe, for once, I'd hoped that luck would be on my side... Maybe... it will.
♠ ♠ ♠
OK, so this will be my last update until tomorrow or Friday or something. I haven't decided yet. I've written more, but I just have to type it all up.

Please, please, check out Soul Exposure III if you like this story.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.