Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 37

As happy as I was to be home with Nick, too, I couldn't help shake that bad feeling inside of me.

It was currently 3:15 am on Friday as I stared into the darkness, Nick's light snores making me smile, but it didn't last long. We were in my large room which consisted of my king size bed, plasma-screen tv which was on the wall, a desk that was bare since my laptop was in my suitcase, large, double sliding door closet and walk-in bathroom.

I sighed, climbing out of bed, trying not to wake Nick. I walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me as I sat on the bathtub, pulling my hair out of my hair tie. I ran a hand through it, sighing once more. I was stressed out.

How have the days passed in what seemed like only a few hours to me? Everyday, Vic, Nick, Dad, Max, and I visited Mom, but she seemed to be OK. The doctors even said she could come home today around noon. Dad has gone to the extensive arrangements and even allowed Mel and Joe to visit, buying their plane tickets both to here and back when they leave. In turn, however, Vic got to invite two people as well, but she only invited one..

This was going to be a first for all of us. I tried to persuade Dad to reconsider, but he wouldn't listen to me. Mom said she had an announcement for us, too, but it wasn't going to happen until tomorrow on Halloween. My mind was going a mile a minute.

What did Mom have to tell us and Vic and I's birthday is in two days, no less...

“Babe?” Nick called, knocking softly on the bathroom door. “Are you alright?” he asked.

I sighed heavily. I hate having him concerned with my troubles.

“Yeah”, I lied. I heard him sigh this time.

“Look, Rose... I know you have a lot going on right now, but please-just don't hold it all in. Y-you can talk to me. You know that, right?” he asked.

“I do and I love you for it, but”, I began, standing as I walked to the door, opening it, seeing Nick standing right there, “but I hate-”.

“-telling people or 'burdening' people with your problems, I know”, he finished.

Even though we were both clothed in a t-shirt and shorts, neither of us were uncomfortable anymore. I could see it in Nick's eyes. His curls were a little ruffled, but to me, he still looked amazing.

“Rosie, let's just go to bed, OK?” he asked, wrapping his arms around me, embracing me in a warm hug. I nodded, turning the light off behind me.



“Rosalina, get your ass up now! Your stupid friends are here!” Vic yelled, bamming on my door some hours later.

I groaned angrily as I yanked the comforter off of my body, not feeling or hearing Nick next to me anymore. I assumed he was in the bathroom. I ran to the door, yanking it open in anger.

“OK. FIRST of all, they are my friends, which doesn't make them stupid because they have more sense than yours do. SECOND of all, Joe is Nick's brother, so if you want to insult him, you'll have to deal with me. THIRD of all, Mel is my best friend and you know she won't hesitate to kick your ass”, I retorted. I took in Vic's appearance. She was in red booty shorts which revealed her butt a little bit and a red tank which for some reason, resembled a corset. Ok...

“Whatever. They're downstairs more than likely walking through the door any moment. Dad said to get ready since we're all going out for breakfast”, she said before walking away back to her room.

I closed my door, quickly running into my closet changing into a blue blouse, light blue skinny jeans and my Airwalks before Nick exited the bathroom also fully clothed in a black v-neck, jeans and black and white converses.

He looked damn good! We walked to each other, a look in Nick's eyes throwing me off. A sly grin replaced his usual warm one. His hands gripped my waist a little roughly as he rubbed my sides to my arms and back again.

“You look... sexy”, he said, biting his lip afterward.

“I do not”, I said with an eye roll trying to stop myself from blushing.

“Yes, you do. Now, will I have to do something to show you that I'm right or will you admit that you look good?” he asked, lust taking over him a little more.

I laughed casually.

“Neither. Mel and Joe are downstairs. Let me brush my teeth real quick, then I'll meet you downstairs, OK?” I asked.

There was NO WAY I was going to have quickie with Nick while his brother and my practical sister were downstairs waiting for us.

“Alright”, he said in a disappointed, yet slightly snappy tone. He turned on his heel and walked out of my room, leaving the door open.

“What's gotten into him all of a sudden?” I asked to no one.

That was definitely odd.



A good ten minutes later, I joined them downstairs feeling damn good.

“Rosie!” Mel exclaimed, rushing me as she tackled me with a hug.

I laughed as we fell to the floor.

“Mellie!” I laughed.

“Looks like they missed each other, but where's my hug, sis in law?” Joe asked.

I was helped up by Nick as Joe helped Mel, then hugged him.

“Your house is SO cool!” he gushed as we pulled away.

“Thanks”, I replied sheepishly.

“Oh my gosh! You missed SO much!” Mel said over enthusiastically.

“Joe, I'm not your sister in law and what did I miss, Mel?” I asked suddenly interested in what Mel was going to say.

“Not yet”, Joe mumbled, earning a hit in the arm by Nick.

I ignored it all, hearing Mel begin her story.

“Well, Mr. Ashman's given you and Nick a TON of work-” she began...

30 minutes later, we were all in the kitchen after Mel's story and a tour of the house (Vic avoiding us the entire time) awaiting Mom's arrival.

“Yo, cadets! Front line and center!” Max called from the living room.

Nick, Mel, Joe, and I rushed in there, seeing Max with 6 pizzas, a bag of salad, and 3 cases of soda.

“Jeez, Max. How the hell did you carry all of that?” I asked, taking a couple of boxes of pizza from him as the others helped as well.

“It was no big deal. Your parents said they won't be back until later on in the day. Maybe around 3”, he explained.

“What are you doing with all of this pizza?” Joe asked.

“Well, Rose has more company over, so I thought 4 pizzas would be enough for you guys while I'll have the other two and Vic can have the salad”, Max explained, earning a laugh from all of us.

“Wow. I like him even more now”, Mel said with a laugh. I saw Joe glare at her as the laughter faded from his face. Thank God Mel wasn't looking at him or there more than likely would have been an argument.

“Yeah. He's pretty cool”, I agreed.

I checked the time on the stove. It read 11:45 am.

“OK, so I got Diet Coke, Peach Fresca, and Coca-Cola. The pizzas for you guys are two pepperonis, a pepperoni and Italian sausage, and a meat lovers. The other two for me are a supreme and sausage”, Max explained once more.

“Awesome!” I whispered. I went through the cabinets grabbing a pack of plastic plates, some napkins, and plastic cups, sorting them for the rest of us.

“Nick, could you grab the ice from the fridge?” I asked. He nodded, then I turned to Mel and Joe.

Mel carried the pizza while Joe carried the sodas.

“Alright, so, I'll come back at like, 2 to let you get ready or whatever”, Max said, stealing his two pizzas as he headed to his room.

“OK!” I exclaimed, sighing afterward.

“You OK?” Mel asked. I plastered a smile on my lips.

“Yeah. Let's go and eat”, I replied enthusiastically.

She wrinkled her brows, but changed her expression to normal. I knew Mel didn't believe me, but I didn't want to worry anyone anymore.

“OK”, she said and Nick led the way.
♠ ♠ ♠
More drama will happen in the next chapter. :)

Please check out my friend, Tsuna Vongola.

And as always, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.