Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 38

Two hours, two grueling, yet fun hours passed by and I hadn't cracked yet. Even Mel was surprised.

“OK, so, when were you going to tell me that your family had a lot of money?” Mel asked, gawking once more at all of the DVDs in the DVD center.

I didn't know how many we had, but let's just say each shelf had at least 30 DVDs and we had almost two stands full.

“I didn't think you'd care, you know, you being my best friend and all”, I said playfully, throwing a clean, empty cup at her.

“Rose!” she squealed, hiding behind Joe whom shielded her.

“Hey! You're not supposed to protect her! I'm your sister in law, remember?” I joked.

“Yeah, well, I don't want Mel getting hit again”, he said quickly.

Nick scoffed, then got up and picked up the cup I'd thrown.

“Jeez, Rose. You're immature sometimes”, he exclaimed, a hint of anger in his tone.

“Um, OK. What's your problem?” I asked, rounding on him.

“What are you talking about?” he asked with an eye roll.

“That! See? You've been acting weird since this morning”, I began, “and you've never called me immature.”

“Well”, he tossed the cup into the trash can before turning back on me,”maybe if you'd notice me once in a while, you wouldn't be confused right now”, he retorted.

Seriously? Was he really going to argue with me in front of Mel and Joe like this?

“What the hell are you talking about? I notice you all the time! I love you, Nick! What's your problem today?” I asked again.

He sighed angrily this time.

“Maybe if you'd think of hints that I've given you, you'd figure it out”, he replied, storming into the bathroom, slamming the door behind him.

I flinched at the noise. I was pissed. Was all of that really because of earlier? He's NEVER blown up on me like that before.

“What the heck is his problem?” Joe asked angrily. He was upset about Nick, too.

“Go talk to him”, Mel said to Joe. He nodded as she led me into the hallway.

“What hints?” she whispered once we were out of earshot of them.

“Ugh. This morning, Nick wanted me as in really wanted me, but you guys were downstairs and everyone else is here, too. It's not like I could just have sex with him. That'd be rude. Then, last night I was up worrying about my mom and I didn't want to tell Nick since I feel like-like my problems are burdens to everyone”, I explained.

“OK. Um, wow”, she began, “First of all, why didn't you say 'maybe later' instead of denying Nick entirely? I mean, I know you feel tense right now and maybe-maybe 'that' would be the best option right now.”

“Second of all, your problems are not burdens to anyone. If you protest, I'll duct tape your mouth in a heartbeat”, Mel threatened. I widened my eyes. Mel's pulled things out of the blue before AND she's faster than me meaning that she'd catch me in an instant if actually did try to run away.

I sighed.

“It-it's just hard to open up entirely to Nick. Brian took my virginity, then cheated on me with Vic. I'm not saying in any way that Nick will do the same, but-”

“-but you're still hurting from it. I understand. Just tell him that, Rosalina. I'm sure Nick will understand, too”, Mel advised. I swear this girl was my twin sister.

I nodded. She hugged me suddenly, getting a laugh out of me.

“So, missy, what's with you and Joe being all flirty-flirty like that?” I asked.

Mel pulled away, a small smile on her lips.

“Well, he and I talked more than usual while you guys were gone and we've gotten closer”, she began a little excitedly, her smile fading a little.

“But”, I said sadly.

“But we're only friends, though”, she finished just as sadly, the smile fading entirely.

“I'm sorry, Mel. Maybe he needs a push”, I said, an idea forming in my mind.

“No, Rose. No. You are not setting Joe and I up together!” she whispered harshly.

“Shit, you guys aren't gonna do it. I might as well be the one to-”, I began, but she cut across me.

“HELL no! HELL NO, Rosalina! I forbid you!” she said seriously, blushing at the same time.

I groaned in disappointment. That would have worked SO perfectly.

“Fine”, I grumbled.

“Guys! Your parents are home!” Max called from the front door.

My breathing hitched in my throat.

“Shit”, Mel mumbled. “Wait here. I'll get Nick.”

I only exhaled. I hoped I'd hear only good news from them, not bad.

“Babe, I'm sorry. I-Well-”, he sighed. “That's not important right now. You're important. Look, you have to breathe, Rose, OK? Your mom is right in the living room”, he said soothingly.

He caressed my cheek, bringing me out of my shocked state. I pushed the negative thoughts to the back of my mind and only processed Nick's words in my mind again.

“You ready?” he asked with sincerity.

“Yeah”, I said in a low tone, but he heard me. I breathed a couple of time as Nick kissed my forehead lacing hands with me.

I heard footsteps rush down the stairs, indicating Vic had rushed, too. Our eyes met as we looked at each other. Vic was in a simple, white tank top and bra, with a pair of black skinny jeans and white stilletos. Her hair was down and straight, it reaching her elbows. I envied her. I could never grow my hair that long.

She pursed her lips, walking towards us.

“Pull yourself together. She'll be fine”, Vic said in a kind tone, then turned and went to greet our parents.

It-it was real. She wasn't faking it. Vic was actually nice. I shook it off and led the way, following my...twin sister.

Mom was beautiful! Her hair was to her shoulders instead of mid-back like it used to be. She was in a little, black dress and heels. She looked OK!

“My girls!” she exclaimed happily as Vic and I ran to her, engulfing us in a comforting hug.

It felt so good to be in her arms again. I'd missed her so much.

“OK. OK. Let me give some love to Rose's friends, too”, she said to Vic as I pulled away, but she didn't.

I cleared my throat twice before Dad practically peeled her off of Mom. Mom hugged Joe first, then Nick, and finally Mel.

“Are you sure you're not my long lost daughter?” she joked.

Mel laughed, blushing, but didn't reply only shaking her head in return.

I smiled. This was what I wanted; a happy life with Mom, Nick, Mel, Joe, Max, and a changing Vic. Heck, I'll throw Dad in, too.

“Uh, aren't you guys going to get ready?” Max asked in an obvious tone.

I wrinkled my eyes in confusion seeing everyone else except Mom and Dad look surprised.

“Yes, yes, Max. We're heading out to dinner”, Mom explained. Dad shuffled a little. I knew he hated the plan.

“But Mom, are you sure you're up for that?” Vic asked before I could.

“Yeah! I need to have fun! Being cooped up in a hospital is a nightmare!” she said dramatically. I laughed, but everyone else didn't.

“OK. Where are we heading?” I asked.

“Mmmm”, she said, thinking. “You choose”, she answered. I smiled, then nodded once more.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello, my lovelies. :)

I've updated really early this week for you guys, so if you don't mind checking out a few things for me, please do so.

The first thing I'd like to tell you guys about would be my newest story called Confessions of a Famous Teenage Actress. It's a fan-fiction about Skandar Keynes and Nick Jonas (a love triangle, naturally). If you're interested in it, please click here.

Next, I have a new friend to Mibba whom has recently posted a new story of his, so, please check it out by clicking here.

And last, but not least, I've come up with yet, another fan-fiction, except it has to do with Narnia. :) I came up with the idea five years ago and decided to finally start on it. So, if you're interested in that, please check it out here.

And as always, my dears, please don't forget to comment and/or subscribe to any of the stories, including this one. :)

The next update should be next week and as always, enjoy! ^_^