Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 40

-Halloween Party Night-

“You look nice”, Mel said, bumping me with her hip as she wore a Princess Jasmine costume.

It fit her really well. I didn't understand my mother's choice at our outfits, though. I was in a medieval dress. I felt like I was in the Renaissance again.

“Thanks, you, too. Have you seen Vic?” I asked, the words rolling out of my mouth before I could stop them.

Mel raised a brow at me.

“Um, why do you care?” she asked as she applied some mascara.

“I don't know. Ever since Mom came home, she's been in a good mood”, I answered as I straightened my corset.

“You sure you wanna believe that? Isn't Vic being in a good mood a bad thing?” she asked as though it were obvious.

I kept my mouth shut, shrugging my shoulders.

Now, I needed my shoes. Where were those damn things? Suddenly, a knock sounded at the door, startling the both of us. Mel walked to it, opening the door, a smile on her lips.

“Well, hello, kind sir. Are you here to see Rosalina?” she asked, sending a wink towards me.

I rolled my eyes. Nick.

“Only if she'll let me see her”, I heard him answer.

Mel looked at me and I rolled my eyes, nodding yes.

“Sure”, she said cheerfully. I still have no idea where Mel kept all of that energy.

She quietly exited the room as Nick and I stared at each other. He had on a Renaissance costume which consisted of black boots, white pants, and a blue and white shirt. I mean, he looked-I couldn't even describe it. Nick looked the same way towards me.

“Hi”, I said in a quiet tone.

“Hi”, he replied in the same tone.

“I-I'm sorry for over-reacting last night”, I stammered. A part of me felt like I did the right thing, but at the same time, it didn't.

Nick sighed, putting a hand to his head as he rubbed his temples.

“Ugh, Rose. You didn't do anything wrong”, he stressed.

“You're right.. I didn't.. But I'm apologizing anyway”, I said in a slightly annoyed tone.

“Look, I really don't want to argue with you. I want us to make up. Wouldn't that be better?” he asked with joy in his tone.

“And just forget about you lying to me about Jake? Are you serious right now?” I asked incredulously.

“Can't you just let that go? Honestly, Rose, you're-”, he began, but stopped as he looked away from me.

“I'm what, Nick? Just say it”, I said, preparing myself.

“You're-you're so difficult! Every time something little like this comes up, you're ready to blow up on me! I was concerned more about your feelings than anything, but do you care about that? No! You argue more! It's ridiculous! I can't win at all!” he exclaimed, fuming.

Each word stung more than the next like knives piercing into my side, right into my heart. A pain literally shot through it and I began my breathing routine, but I continued to speak, pushing Nick away as he tried to help.

“I can't let it go. Not after everything that happened last year. I-I just can't. But the reason why I-ugh!” Another pain shot through, but I ignored it, continuing anyway. “The reason why I care is because your 'friend' tried to touch me in the hall, outside of my dorm room before you and I got together. I-I can't trust snakes, especially not him”, I concluded, clutching my left breast as the pain persisted.

Nick looked torn as though he wanted to be angry at me, but was overwhelmed with shock as well.

“R-Rose, I-”, he began, but I cut across him.

“Just leave, Nick. Just go!” I got out.

I watched him as he left the room, closing the door behind him. A dizzy sensation overcame me as the pain persisted a little more. I didn't know what to do, so I walked towards my bed. The last thing I remembered was my head hitting the floor.



I didn't want Nick or anyone to come and rescue me. Did anyone ever come? Yeah.

I woke up the next day in my dorm room. What the hell?! I sat up slowly, taking in my surroundings. There were rock bands and baseball posters on my side of the room. A suitcase rested next to the bed as the other on the right side of the room rested a clean, bare bed. The walls were bare of posters as were the bookshelf and CD case for the TV which rested next to the bathroom, but beside the closet.

Weird. Something clicked in my mind and I realized I was in Nick's room! But if Jake's things were missing, then... Oh my gosh!

Just as I was about to get up, the door unlocked and opened, revealing Nick in a plain, white t-shirt, some boxers, and was barefoot. Whoa.

He stopped and stared at me as a small smile graced his lips. He jumped onto the bed, hovering over me. What the hell's gotten into him?

“Hey, Beautiful”, he murmured, going towards my neck, causing me to shiver once he placed a kiss on my sweet spot before pulling away.

OK. now I was really confused.

“Nick, wait”, I began, placing a hand on his chest, wrinkling my brows in confusion as he did the same.

“Yes?” he asked with a smirk.

“What happened to me? How did we get here? What day is it? Why-?” I rambled, but Nick shut me up by placing a tender kiss to my lips.

He took a deep breath before speaking.

“OK. First of all, you passed out because of your heart pains. After I closed the door after you told me to leave, I turned and came back and saw you on the floor unconscious. I yelled for help and sure enough, Mel came, got your parents, and called an ambulance. In the end, the party was canceled, but the doctor said you should wake up soon. Soon turned into hours, so, since your parents already had our tickets ready, we loaded up, bringing you with us”, he began.

I listened to every word he said, allowing them to process quickly.

“Since I didn't want Jake carrying you, I carried you onto the plane and off. Y-you slept so peacefully next to me”, he said with a smile before continuing. “Um, anyway. We got here, I dropped you and my things here, then I went to the D.A.B and told Ms. Thorton I wanted Jake out. She asked why and I said it was a mutual agreement and even Jake agreed. So, he came and got his things with me watching him, of course”, he concluded with a smile.

“Uh, w-wow”, I stammered in shock at Nick's boldness.

“Yeah”, he agreed, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

“I-I wanted to come clean about something, though”, he said in a serious tone, sitting up, helping me as well.

“OK?” I said in a questionable tone.

“I-I have type 1 diabetes. I found out three years ago when I was 14. That's why Alyson got the dog tags for my birthday”, he explained, taking out the one he always wore.

I didn't budge, I merely gaped at him.

“You can look at it if you want”, he coaxed, sitting still, waiting for me to inspect the tiny thing.

I looked at Nick, then the chain, and back again asking with my eyes if he was sure. He nodded in return. I took a shaky breath, turning the cold metal over in my hands reading N. Jonas followed by a serial number.

“What's the number for?” I asked quietly, gently letting the tag slip through my fingers.

“It's to let a paramedic or doctor know what type of insulin I need if I have a diabetic shock or something. I wear an OmniPod on my back so it can pump insulin into my body regularly”, he explained, lifting his shirt, revealing the pad on his left, lower back.

“W-wow”, I stammered, trying to process it all.

How did I miss that when we did “that”?

“It's not that big of a deal, really, Nick”, I said after a while. I was perfectly content with Nick being diabetic.

“So, what do you want to do today, birthday girl?” he asked with a smile.

Oh, snap! Today IS my birthday as well as Vic's. Damn.

“Just relax”, I answered with certainty.

Nick smiled, then nodded, cuddling up to me as I did the same to him. Let's just say that was the first time I had a relaxing birthday for about two seconds.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whew! I finally updated! Whoo-hoo!

Sorry it took so long to update. College takes a lot of time away from writing. :( But what's a plus, though is that I've gotten back into writing this story and I have a few chapters typed up already so, I'll try to update a lot sooner.

Good news is that I've already started on my Narnia parody as well, so, that'll be coming pretty soon. Also, I have a sense of direction in which I want this story to go, so, don't hate me, please. :)

And as usual, please don't forget to comment and subscribe.