Status: Completed! :) Sequel is up now! ^_^

Please Don't Cross Me, I Asked Nicely

Chapter 7

Two hours later, Mel, Nick, and I were standing in the school store, which, by the way, was on campus next to the Dorm Advisory building. I couldn't take my eyes off of his white v-neck, dark blue jeans, and black and white converses.

We'd chosen all of the shirts we needed as well as the school supplies. Unfortunately, other students, some I'd recognized, others... I didn't, were beginning to fill the store.

“Damn”, I muttered. “We've got to hurry”, I said to the two.

They nodded in agreement and we split up. Mel went towards the blazer jackets, Nick to the pants, and I to the skirts.

After the 8th skirt, I turned and ran smack into someone, nearly dropping the skirts which were on hangers onto the floor. Damn it.

I rolled my eyes and attempted to walk past her, but she grabbed my arm.

“Watch where you're going, Rose”, she said coldly.

Ugh.

“I don't have time for this, Vic”, I replied, trying to stay calm, gripping the handle of the hangers tighter.

“Oh, you have time for Melanie, but not me. You're so cruel”, she said.

I groaned in anger.

“You're so full of shit, Vic. Just leave me alone, OK? Jeez”, I said quietly in an annoyed tone.

Victoria bit her lip, the rolled her eyes, moving so I could walk past her.

“Thank you”, I said without emotion.

As I walked, she placed a foot out. I tripped and fell onto my left side, onto the white, shining tile floor, the skirts slipping through my fingers.

I heard myself fall and silence reigned. People gathered around and I heard, soon enough, them laugh.

I slowly got up, pain shooting in my chest, near my heart. Stupid heart pains.

I held my breath as I reached for the hangers, exhaling once I clutched the 7th one, only to see a large hand with slightly calloused fingers grab the last one.

The pain hadn't subsided, so I repeated my breathing, a look of slight pain on my face.

“Are you OK?” he asked, gently taking the hangers from me.

I didn't look at him and nodded as the pain went through me a little stronger than before.

“Come on”, he said gently with his left hand outstretched.

I accepted it, only to feel the pain still there.

Nick led us through the annoying, laughing crowd to the counter where Mel stood. I repeated the breathing one last time and the pain subsided.

That was a long one.

“Are you OK? Nick told me to stay here and watch our things while he went to find you”, she explained.

My eyes met Nick's chocolate brown ones and I saw concern in them. He didn't speak, though.

We paid for everything, each of us carrying at least 6 bags and walked quickly out of the store towards our dorms. The entire walk there, Nick still hadn't spoke. I was getting worried. I told Mel everything minus the heart pains and breathing thing.

She was furious.

I convinced her to go and play Final Fantasy XII to cool her off and she agreed.

“Can we talk.. alone?” Nick asked once Mel left us on the first floor.

I bit my lip, nodding slowly.

“Where do you want to talk?” I asked in a quiet tone.

Nick looked around, his eyes resting on a large oak tree which was near the entrance. I gaped at him, not wanting to walk that far.

He shrugged and smiled.

“We should put our things away first”, he suggested, chuckling slightly at me.

“Yeah”, I agreed, scoffing afterward.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is one of the last chapters that I'm going to post for a while. I have to write more, so I can type up the chapters, and then post them, so please be patient with me, guys.

What did you think? I'm already thinking about having a sequel even though the story is only 7 chapters in. Is that bad?

Anyways, please don't unsubscribe to this story just because I might not update for a while. The fact that I AM going to update eventually is a good thing.

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe.