I'll Spend Eternity Proving to You How Sorry I Am

I'm Sorry

Jared’s mother, Joan, slowly made her way to Ann’s room where she was still laying on the bed in a ball. Joan knocked once on the door before letting herself in. “Ann, honey, I brought you some food” Joan said as she shut the door behind her and walked to the bed. She set the tray down on the bed and then looked at Ann. “You need to eat. I made some hearty soup, so it’ll make you feel better” Joan said. Ann slowly and painfully sat up. She rested her back against the headrest but soon she lunged forward as pain consumed her whole body. She scooted forward and then took the soup in her hands and slowly started to eat.

“Are you okay? I know that you are a very, very strong girl. But the pain that a vampire can conflict on someone is strong enough to make even the strongest human alive cry out in pain. Yet you didn’t, you have some strong guts and will power.” Joan said
“I should be well enough to serve him again by the end of the week. My back may not be healed all the way, but I should still be able to still do my job well” Ann said and finished off the soup.
“Oh my dear, you don’t need to go back to work” Joan said
“I do if I am well enough to do so” Ann said shyly.

“Well I’ll let you rest. Just as a heads up Jared might be visiting you. He is pretty much killing himself over what he has done to you. I am sorry that I didn’t know what he was doing so I was unable to help.” Joan said sadly
“It is not your fault Ma’am. I must accept what I was given and not complain about it. I got what I deserved.” Ann said with tears forming in her eyes and slowly they slide down her now cleaned up smooth skin of her cheek.
“Honey, you did not deserve that. He was very wrong to do that to you. Now I want you to rest, and if Jared comes in here, please allow him to come in” Joan said and soon she left.

Ann went to sleep and she didn’t even know that Jared had silently slipped himself into the room and sat in a chair next to her until she woke up from her nap and almost had a heart attack. “I am sorry Ann; I did not mean to scare you. I knocked on the door three times and you didn’t answer so I wanted to make sure everything was okay.” Jared said shyly.
“I am fine” Ann said as her heart started to calm down.
“That is the understatement of the year” Jared said like a light chuckle, but stopped mid laugh when he looked at Ann. “Sorry” he said looking away.
“You have nothing to be sorry for; you are entitled to laugh whenever you want over whatever you want to laugh over.” Ann said quietly

“I never should’ve treated you like that. You didn’t deserve it and I had no reason what-so-ever to act that way towards you. And I do not deserve your forgiveness either” Jared said
“I deserved it, I am a slave. I must accept what is given to me without questions; accept that I had a reason for being treated like that whither or not it is clear” Ann said looking at the sheets before her instead of looking at him.
“Don’t you ever think that, ever! Not now and ever again! Do you hear me?!” Jared yelled outraged

“I am sorry if I ever upset you. I promise you that I will never think that again.” Ann whimpered and soon found herself being pulled into a cold yet comforting embrace.
“I am sorry. I never should have raised my voice at you. I am just very upset with myself that I managed to cause so much pain to someone that I cared a lot about” Jared said as he held Ann close to him but being careful of her back. “I am so beyond sorry that I did that to you. It was my brain causing me to think negatively and then act according to that. You were too friendly, caring and kind to be a slave; you were getting close to me and I got scared.” Jared added.

He took a deep breath before he continued. “And I acted on that, when I should’ve looked into it more before hand. I haven’t had good experience with women. I don’t like most of the female vampires that I should normally be attracted to. And I hate it when slaves throw themselves to me sexually. You were getting really close and friendly and I just thought that maybe it was a new way to approach me. I should have known you were different. I acted on rage that wasn’t even towards you. I have ruined my friendship with you over something that wasn’t even there. I never ever should have brought you down there, not for a day and defiantly not for 3 months. I am so, so sorry.” Jared said now letting the tears fall down his cheek.

Since Ann was cradled in Jared’s arms, she slowly and somewhat painfully lifted her arm and wiped away the tears off his cheek with a shaky hand. Jared carefully took Ann’s hand in his and lowered it from his face. “I do not deserve your kindness. And I don’t need someone to wipe my tears away” Jared said
“No one ever needs someone to wipe away the tears. It’s just comforting to know that there is someone out there that is willing to wipe away the tears. I am sorry if I upset you with my actions” Ann said and pulled her hand out of his.
“It’s just after all I have done to you, causing you so much pain that it still startles me how kind-hearted you are.” Jared said who still held her in his arms, cradled as if protected.

“And Ma… Jared, I’m sorry I am still getting use to being on first name bases with you, so please forgive me if I slip up at times. I didn’t not mean to imply that you need someone to wipe away the tears, I was simply implying that I am that someone that will willingly wipe them away” Ann said
“But, why? After all I had done to you, you aren’t afraid? There has to be a point when you break” Jared said
“Yes I am afraid, but I don’t care. And if I keep being me then there is still a reason to hold on. If I am to break then there will be no will to hold on, no reason to be sane” Ann said “And don’t worry, I should be all set to start serving you again by the end of the week.”

“Yes you will. However your duties to me will be extremely different” Jared said
“I do not understand” Ann said
“You duties to me no longer entitle servant work. Your new duties are to be my friend. Hang out with, just be there for me to keep me from getting lonely.” Jared said
“okay” Ann said
“And Ann” Jared said
“Yea?” Ann asked
“I promise you that I will try to get your trust back, and to prove to you how sorry I am for the rest of my eternal life.” Jared said.