I'll Spend Eternity Proving to You How Sorry I Am

I've Fallen And I've Fallen Hard

Ann was taking a shower in her room and Jared was pacing inside his room. It’s been 3 months since Jared’s mother told him not to lose Ann, and since then he hasn’t; in fact he believes he’s fallen in love. He ran out of his room as fast as he could and found himself standing in front of this mother, who was reading a book in the library. “Jared dear, is everything okay? Is Ann okay?” Joan said placing her bookmarker in her book and set it down on the table next to her.
“It’s about Ann” Jared said
“Is she okay? Did you hurt her again?” Joan asked
“No mom, I need to talk to you about her” Jared said sitting in the ottoman that was in front of the chair that his mother was sitting in.

“Okay what’s wrong?” Joan asked concerned and confused. Jared sighed and fiddled with his fingers while looking down. He took a big breath before he started. “Ok, for some time now I’ve been feeling different towards her. I believe it happened when you first brought her here. She is the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen. She glowed more than any vampire I’ve ever laid eyes on. Even though she was dirty and cleaned up the best that she could be from that place, she was still stunning. And I was so happy when you gave her to me as a personal servant. But then when she went up and beyond what I asked, no one has ever done that.

“I was happy, but then I started thinking that maybe she was just trying to get with me. Like being nice and then she was going to hurt me like all the other girls have. For 3 months, my mind wasn’t clear, and that’s when I beat her” Jared said with a sigh. He always hated talking bout it. “I was kinda proud, deep down inside, that she held on that long without giving in. And when said that she wanted to commit suicide, it tear me like I never thought possible. I got pissed and all I wanted to do was protect her. And it felt so right when I held her in my arms that night during the storm. And mom, I feel myself falling for her and I don’t know what to do” Jared said

Joan just sat there with a smile on her face. “Well did you tell her how you felt?” Joan asked
“No, I’m kinda scared. I think she’s still afraid of me and if I tell her that I have a feelings for her then all the work I’ve done to fix the relationship between us will all disappear” Jared said
“Well if I were you I would tell her how you feel” Joan said
“And how do you feel on the matter?” Jared asked
“Actually I think she’s lovely and perfect for you. She makes you happy, I can see that. I can see that she cares about you too. I don’t, however, know how she’s going to react to this, I have no clue. But I do wish you luck” Joan said picking up her book again.

Jared took a deep breath and then headed, slowly, back to his room. He went into his room, sat down on the edge of this bed and placed his head in his heads, just thinking about how and what he was going to say to her. He was going over everything in his head, every which way. He was so deep in his thoughts that he didn’t hear Ann knocking on the connecting door or walk into the room. He didn’t even feel her seat down next to him on his king size bed. She placed a hand on his shoulder and jumped out of that bed so fast that Ann almost didn’t realize what happened. “Im so sorry Jared, I didn’t mean to scare you. I knocked on the door but you didn’t say anything. And then I kinda got worried...ish and I wanted to make sure you were okay. I even called your name” Ann said quickly

“It’s ok Ann. I was just in deep thought, that’s all. Did you need something?” Jared asked
“No” Ann said and then looked down. “Well since you were in deep thought and I took you out of it I’m just going to go back to my room. If you need anything you’ll know where to find me. And if you ever want to talk about what’s on your mind, even if I might not understand it, I’m all ears to listen” Ann said getting up and walking into her room.
“Wait, Ann I would like to talk to you” Jared said
“Okay” Ann said turning around to only come inches away from Jared, as he used his vampire speed to be right next to her. “What would you like to talk about?” Ann asked
“About what put me in a deep thought” Jared said sitting down on his bed.

Ann sat down next to Jared on the bed and took his hand in hers in a comforting way. “So tell me what put you in a deep thought” Ann said
“Well please don’t freak out when I say this but, it was you” Jared said looking away. Ann blinked in confusion and was shocked. “You were thinking about me?” Ann asked
“Yes I was” Jared said
“If it’s about my time I spend down in that cell, please stop. It’s in the past and you’re already forgiven” Ann said
“Well it kinda was but I was just thinking about you in general. And Ann, I have to tell you something that I’ve been trying to hide and dismiss but I just can’t anymore” Jared said
“Okay, I’m listening” Ann said.

“Ann, since the day my mom brought you’re here, you seemed different to me. You seemed to glow, even under the dirt from that place despite them trying to clean you up. You just seemed different and it drew me in. I was so ecstatic when my mother gave you to me as a personal servant. And when you went and did things that I didn’t ask, I got scared that it was a new way to try to get with me. And that’s why I punished you, because I was scared that you were going to hurt me. And I know that it’s not right but I thought I’d hurt you before you could hurt me. And I regret that decision every time I see your back. And I am so proud that you held on for that long.

“And I had strong feelings for you, I felt like I needed to be around you and that’s why I got pissed off then you said that you would commit suicide if you actually screamed out I pain. I didn’t want to lose you, ever. And when I spend that night with you in my arms, to me it just felt right like you were made for my arms. What I’m trying to get at is that I have strong feelings for you, and I just wanted you to know that I fell for you and I fell hard.” Jared said with a sigh. Ann just sat there not saying much just thinking about everything that he just said to her. Ann knew she need to express her feelings as well. She let out a sigh before she spoke.

“I tried to hide my feelings, dismiss them and blame it on the vampire charm. When I was down there for 3 months, I figured it was because you figured out my feelings for you and you wanted to beat them out of me. But I couldn’t shake them so I just hid them. And that night in your arms, was great. I felt loved and protected and warm, even though your skins cold. I fell for you too but I decided to hide the feelings figuring out that you wouldn’t feel the same way.” Ann said looking down at how much it looks like their hands were molded for each other. A smile etched itself on Jared face and he slowly brought Ann’s chin up and brought her into a kiss.

Ann was shocked at first as she was not expecting him to do that but then she started to kiss back as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Jared slowly lowered Ann’s back to the bed as he hovered over her, lips still locked. Ann just held the back of Jared’s head, keeping him in the kiss and deepening it at the same time. Jared knew that he was going to move at Ann’s speed so that he makes sure that everything is okay. He knew that he loved her and would do anything to make her happy. As Jared’s lips left hers and trailed down her jaw-line to her neck she started to get scared, she was afraid that he would bite her. “I would never hurt you” Jared said as all he did was kiss her neck then he brought his lips back to hers.