I'll Spend Eternity Proving to You How Sorry I Am

I Was Sleeping

It has been a couple of weeks since Jared had kissed Ann. They sort of started dating, meaning they had a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship just without the title. Ann was enjoying the view from the widow’s watch at the top of the mansion. It looked over the garden that was huge and yet beautiful, almost like it was its own mini world. Ann could just stare at it forever and have her mind make up different stories all based on what she saw in the garden. She was getting hungry so she went down to the kitchen to get something to eat. “Why hello Ann. How are you?” Joan asked.
“I’m good. I’m just a little hungry. I came in to make a quick snack or a light lunch, any suggestions?” Ann asked.
“Well I just got done making myself a sandwich. Would you like one?” Joan asked
“Oh umm sure thank you” Ann said.
“You’re welcome” Joan said with a smile. “Have you seen Jared anywhere?” Joan asked as she made Ann her sandwich.
“No I was up on the widow’s watch. I did hear him say something about a nap earlier this morning” Ann said
“Well when you’re done eating, would you like to go find him and wake him up? Please?” Joan asked

“Of course no problem” Ann said with a smile. Her sandwich was soon placed in front of her. She thanked Joan and ate her sandwich before she went to go find Jared. She soon cleared her plate and headed towards his room; the first place anyone should look. She walked quietly and stopped in front of the door. She turned the door knob slowly as to not wake him if he was in there sleeping. Ann knew he was in there because the door was unlocked. She slowly opened the door and heard him grunting, she stopped but when he did it again, she figured he was just having a nightmare. But as Ann entered the room, she found out that wasn’t the case. “Jared?” Ann softly said. She left the door open a little bit so that the light from the hallway would give light to the room so that Ann could see without having to turn on the light. Once her eyes adjusted to the dim lite room, so looked at the bed and wished she hadn’t.

“Jared?” Ann asked in a normal voice. This startled Jared, who was on his knees facing the bed’s headboard bare assed. “Jared, what’s going on? I thought you were taking a nap?” Ann asked not moving.
“Ann, I can explain” Jared said
“I think it speaks for itself” Ann said now getting pissed off “But let’s hear it.” When Jared didn’t start explaining Ann turned to leave but found that by the time she was at the door, Jared had used his vampire speed and jumped out of bed, turned on the light and shut the door. He stood naked in front of the door. “I was sleeping” Jared said.
“You said nap; you said you were going to take a nap. Not sleep with someone.” Ann said. Jared went to go say something but Ann already turned to leave his room through the shared door. “Don’t walk away from me when I’m trying to talk to you” Jared said now standing behind Ann.
“There is no talking. You were sleeping with someone. I thought we were together. It seemed that way anyway, unless all of that was just a lie. I don’t want to talk to you right now and you are in no shape to talk right now.” Ann said and continued to walk toward the shared door.

“But Ann…” Jared started to say but Ann interrupted him.
“No. I’m done. I’m done with you. I don’t want to be with you anymore if this is how it’s going to be. I won’t have it. I am not going to be cheated on. So there is no ‘but Ann’, we are through. You can go back to fucking that” Ann said and pointed towards the bed where the girl was trying to hide under the covers. The next thing Ann knew was that her cheek stung. Jared had moved to in front of her and had slapped her hard across the face. “I will not have you being disrespecting me. “Jared said sternly
“NO! No, you do not get the right to slap me! You broke my heart! You were cheating on me! You don’t get to slap me. FUCK YOU!” Ann said with so much venom that once Jared realized what he did he regretted it. Just like what he did to Ann down there in the dungeon. Ann punched Jared really hard in the face, which stunned him.

Ann ran out Jared’s bedroom door, slapping it shut behind her and ran as fast as she could. She didn’t want to go somewhere where Jared could easily find her, so she hid in the one place she knew he would never think to look; the dungeon. She ran as fast and quietly as she could all the way to the room that she was kept. And she quietly cried as she didn’t want Jared’s sharp sensitive hearing to find out where she was. Jared had gotten the girl out of his room and he himself took a shower and got dressed before he went to go find Ann. He first went to the kitchen, but she wasn’t there but his mom was. “What happened to your face? Did you punch yourself in the face trying to put on your shirt?” Joan asked trying not to laugh.
“No, Ann punched me in the face” Jared said
“Ann? Sweet little Ann?” Joan asked
“Yeup” Jared said
“Jared, what did you do this time?” Joan asked
“I was sleeping… with someone… in my bed… who wasn’t her” Jared said trying to get the wording right.
“God damn it Jared! What the hell is wrong with you? Why would you do that?” Joann asked
“I really don’t know” Jared said
“That’s bullshit” Joan said. “You know what, get out of my kitchen. I don’t want to look at you right now. You just keep disappointing me. If I have to, I will give Ann to a friend of mine. They may not treat their servants like we do, but if I have to I will get rid of Ann because sadly I can’t get rid of you” Joan said, which was an empty threat as she saw Ann as a daughter and would never get rid of her.

Jared got a look of horror on his face at the threat that his mom just said. He ran out of the kitchen and started to think about where to look for Ann. He tried all of her favorite places to go. He even tried all the bathrooms and every place possible to hide. When he couldn’t find her he went back into the kitchen. “Mom, I can’t find her” Jared said now panicking.
“Well then she did a damn good job at hiding from you. Why don’t you sit on the stairs and focus your hearing. Zone everything out and narrow down to where she might be” Joan said not even looking at her son. He just lowered his head and sat on the lowest step of the grand stairs.

He closed his eyes and listened around him. He zoned out the sounds his mom was making in the kitchen; the sound of the servants working around him; the sound of the washer and dryers that were being used in the basement and he even tried to zone out the sounds he could hear from outside. He focused on any sounds of crying but he couldn’t hear any. And then right when he was about to give up when he heard the faintest heartbeat. And from the sounds of it, it was coming from the farthest point in the dungeon. His eyes shot open and he went as fast as his vampire speed could take him until the sound got closer and closer. And soon he was standing right in front of the door.