Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

eighteen

While the boys were at practice, I started going through the clothes I had. I didn't know what to wear. I decided on the grey cami dress I bought while in Pittsburgh and my red blazer. I slipped on the simple navy blue flats that I brought with me. I pulled my hair into a messy bun at the nape of my neck. My bangs were straightened and swept to the left. I let a few curls fall in front of my ears. When I was satisfied with my look, I made my way to the living room and flipped through the channels while I waited for the guys.

About an hour later, I heard the door open. "Bry," Kris said from the door, "you ready to go?"

"Yes," I said getting up from the couch and making my way to the door.

Kris looked at me shocked. "I thought you didn't wear dresses."

"I bought one the first day I went shopping and figured now was a good time to wear it," I answered with a shrug. "It's not too much, is it?"

Kris shook his head. "You look great. Let's go."

I followed Kris to his car, where Jordan was waiting for us. I crawled into the back seat.

"You look nice," Jordan commented once I was in the car.

"Thanks," I smiled. "You don't look too bad yourself. Same with you Letang." Both boys has a nice dress shirt on and a pair of black dress pants.

When we got to the restaurant, Max, Sidney and Geno were already there waiting for us. After parking, we made our way over to them and into the restaurant.

Sidney and Geno had commented on my outfit, while Max just kept glancing at me.

"Do I have something on my face?" I whispered to Max once we were seated.

"No," Max said a bit confused.

"Then why do you keep looking at me?" I raise my eyebrow.

"Sorry," Max muttered, turning a little read. "You look beautiful."

"Thanks," I smiled. "Don't get to used to it. Once I get back to Kris's I'm going to be in a pair of sweats."

Max chuckled a bit before looking at the menu. I followed in suit, trying to decide what I wanted to eat for what was probably my last meal in Pittsburgh.

~~~~~

The next morning, I woke up to my phone going off. I rolled over and picked it up to shut off the alarm. I threw on a pair of grey sweats and a purple tee-shirt before making my way to Kris's room to wake him up.

An hour later, we were at the airport and I was saying goodbye to Kris. "I'm going to miss you, Letang," I said, holding back tears. "This was seriously one of the best weeks of my life. not including the other night."

Kris gave me a weak smile. "I'm going to miss you too. When can you come back?"

I laughed a bit. "I'll let you know, ok?"

"Ok," Kris nodded before giving me a quick hug. "The guys want your number."

"Give it to them then," I said. "Tell them I miss them too."

Kris nodded. "You better get going. Text me when you land?"

"Of course," I said before haeding for the security gate. I turned once I got there and waved before making my way through the line.