Crazy Beginnings and Happy Endings

thirty-eight

A few hours later, I finally made it to Pittsburgh. I made my way through the city to Max's house. I got out and ran to the front door. I didn't bother knocking, I just ran right in to the living room. Max, Kris, Marc-Andre, Jordan, Sidney, Tyler and Geno all looked at me with relief written on their faces. Vero got up and pulled my into a huge hug.

"Brylyn, honey, your face," Vero said, inspecting my face. "Let's get you cleaned up."

I nodded and followed Vero to Max's bathroom. She grabbed a cloth and wet it before handing it to me. "Thanks," I said, taking it and starting to wipe the blood of my face.

"I'll be right back," Vero told me. "I'm going to find out where Max keeps the first aid kit."

I nodded and continued to wipe my face. I could feel bruises forming and knew there would be more scars. I started to cry thinking about the scars. I sat on the toilet and sobbed. Suddenly I felt two hands on my shoulders and glanced up to see Kris's eyes full of worry.

"Bry," he whispered. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me against him. I slid off the toilet and sat on the floor beside Kris. My face was burrowed into his shirt as I continued to cry. Kris rubbed my back, trying to comfort me.

"I'm sorry," I muttered when I finished crying. I looked up at Kris.

"Shh," Kris soothed. "It's ok."

I nodded and rested my head against his shoulder again.

"Brylyn?" Max said from the doorway. "Can I get you something?"

I shook my head. "Come, sit," I said patting the floor beside me.

Max walked over and sat down beside me. I lifted my head off of Kris's shoulder and rested it on Max's. Then I grabbed Kris's hand and squeezed it.

"Thank-you," I whispered. "Both of you."

"For what?" Kris asked.

"For being here when I need someone," I replied.

"Always," Max kissed the top of my head.

"Not a problem," Kris smiled. "I just want you to be ok."

"I will be," I said with a yawn. "Are the others still here?"

"I think so," Max nodded.

I slowly stood up and made my way to the living room. I was looking at my feet, embarrassed about my new scars. I suddenly felt arms around me and glanced up to see Jordan.

"Sorry," Jordan muttered as he let go.

"It's fine," I said shaking my head. I noticed Sidney, Geno and Tyler get up from where they were sitting and walk towards Jordan and I.

"You ok?" Geno asked.

I nodded and gave him a weak smile. "I'll live," I shrugged.

"But are you ok?" Sidney asked.

"I am now that I am here," I said. I looked at the four boys then frowned.

"What wrong?" Geno asked.

"Marc-Andre, where is he?" I asked.

"Vero took him to get first aid stuff," Tyler said.

"Oh," I nodded. I felt a hand touch my back and looked over to see Max standing beside me. I gave him a small smile and leaned into him.

"Was that all he did?" Kris asked from my other side.

"He got my stomach too," I confessed. "There will probably be a bruise for a few days."

"Please tell me you are not going back to the apartment," Jordan said.

I shook my head. "No, I'm moving into Letang's place."

"Really?" Kris asked, his eyes lit up a bit.

I chuckled a bit and nodded. "Yes really," I told him.

"Good," Max said.

I looked at him. "You ok?"

"Yea," Max nodded.

I had a feeling he was lying, but shrugged it off. I turned to Kris. "Is it ok if I stay here tonight?" I asked.

"Of course," Kris replied.

I turned to Max to see if it was ok with him. He nodded and pulled me closer.

"Look," Tyler said. "I really don't want to go, but I better head back home before my girlfriend starts calling."

"Thank-you," I said. "For being here." I gave him a quick hug and watched him leave the house as Marc-Andre and Vero came in.

Marc-Andre came straight to me. "Mon ami," he whispered. "Je suis desole."

"It's not your fault," I whispered back. "It's not like you handed him the keys."

The room suddenly got quiet. I looked around at all the boys. I was missing something. I looked back at Marc-Andre, his face spelled out his guilt.

"No," I gasped.

"I'm so sorry," Marc-Andre looked at the floor.